Man Dies In Freak Gas Pump Fire Caused By Static Electricity

Man Dies In Freak Gas Pump Fire Caused By Static Electricity

A Pennsylvania man died last Friday in a freak fire at a gas station. Authorities say that the fire was sparked by static electricity on the man’s body, and he died of inhalation of superheated gases. While this type of fire is very rare and fatalities even rarer, they do happen. To prevent them, you should do something terribly mundane: do not ever get back in your car while fueling, and make sure to touch a metal surface before fueling. [More]

Petland Employees Drowned Rabbits, Posted Photos on Facebook

Petland Employees Drowned Rabbits, Posted Photos on Facebook

We’ve written about pet store chain Petland before, due to their documented use of puppy mills and snarky response to groups that protested said use of puppy mills. Now PETA claims to have found photos on a Petland employee’s Facebook page that show her grinning while holding up the wet, lifeless bodies of two rabbits she had just drowned.