When something needs to get done, it needs to get done. And it’s awfully nice to hear that lately, local law enforcement have been stepping up to help finish jobs that can’t finish themselves. There were the cops who delivered a pizza after the delivery driver was in a car crash, and now some friendly firefighters have put themselves forward as lawn guys, mowing a man’s front yard after he lost consciousness. [More]
So you think your car is special, huh? Like maybe it has some magical power that reorganizes its atoms as such that a fire hose can pass through it without breaking, or emergency jet packs that can lift it up and away when the fire hydrant it’s parked in front of needs to be used. Well, it’s not, and yet again, another hapless driver gives us the perfect reason why you shouldn’t leave your ride where it isn’t supposed to be. [More]
Firefighters might do the work of superheroes, but just like other humans, even they like to chow down during Memorial Day cookouts. So when a group of firefighters had to abandon their groceries at Costco to respond to an emergency call, one good Samaritan didn’t want to let them go hungry. [More]
Hey, you rebels out there, thinking you’re just too good for the laws the rest of us live by and decide to park in front of a hydrant. You might want to reconsider because not only could you end up with a destroyed vehicle, but you’re potentially risking lives if firefighters need access to that hydrant. [More]
In October 2010, firefighters in South Fulton, TN, were criticized all across the country after they refused to put out a fire because the homeowner hadn’t paid a $75 “fire subscription fee” to the city. If you thought such public scrutiny might have changed that policy, think again. [More]
Consumer-grade fireworks are currently illegal in Arizona, but the sate government is considering passing a bill that would give the fire marshal the power to regulate the sale of them. This has caused an outcry from anti-fireworks types who say that even the less powerful consumer-grade products are too dangerous. Unfortunately, one of the most publicized opponents is a guy who was severely burned in 2004 because he was launching mortar-style fireworks from his moving car, and one blew back in through the window and set his stash on fire.