Weber Offers Free Parts After Customer Neglects, Burns Up His Own Grill

Weber Offers Free Parts After Customer Neglects, Burns Up His Own Grill

Brad screwed up his Weber grill, and it caught fire. He admits that it’s his fault for not cleaning the grill properly for three years, which led to fires under the control panel. When he called Weber to ask for an explanation of what could be wrong, the company not only helped him, they went way above and beyond and offered to send him–for free–replacement parts that would make his grill functional again. [More]

Fire Chief: Most Smoke Alarms Are Useless, Endanger Users

Fire Chief: Most Smoke Alarms Are Useless, Endanger Users

Fire alarms make you feel safe, but an Albany, Calif. fire chief says it’s a false sense of security. Speaking to the San Francisco Chronicle, the chief says most people equip their homes with cheaper ionization alarms, which detect smoke via an electric current and can lead to false alarms (such as reacting to overcooked food) while missing genuine dangers until it’s too late. The chief says people should opt for slightly more expensive photoelectric alarms, which use more accurate light beams to alert fire victims. [More]