We thought that maybe exploding iPods were a 2008 phenomenon, but evidently not. An 11-year-old girl’s iPod exploded in England, and Apple reportedly tried to get the entire family to sign a confidentiality agreement in order to get a refund.
A Comcast customer’s Powerbook exploded after a Comcast tech plugged coax, connected to her computer through her modem, to an electrical wire.
Contrary to the vituperations of Lowell G, Dell is not charging people for swapping out their exploding batteries.
UPDATE: No, they’re not.