Man Says E-Cigarette Exploded In His Hand, Pieces Of Metal Pierced Wall

Man Says E-Cigarette Exploded In His Hand, Pieces Of Metal Pierced Wall

While it’s been several years since we reported on an e-cigarette exploding while charging or being used by a consumer, that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. Case in point: A Wichita, KS, man says the device he used to try to beat his nicotine habit erupted, burning his hands and damaging nearby walls.  [More]

Tesla and Airbnb have teamed up to provide electric car chargers for use by renters.

Tesla, Airbnb Team Up To Create The “Ultimate Road Trip,” Provide Chargers For Rental Hosts’ Homes

What do electric cars and rental properties have in common? Not much, unless of course you live in California, drive a Tesla, and rent your abode on Airbnb, as the two companies recently announced a partnership to provide free charging stations to select hosts’ homes along the left coast. [More]

(Steve

IKEA Making Furniture With Built-In Charging Stations

Rummaging through drawers to find the right power cord for your smartphone, tablet and other electronic devices can be a frustrating task. Soon, though, you might be able to juice up your device simply by placing it on the IKEA bookshelf, desk or nightstand littering your home. [More]

Burger King Lets You Charge Your Whopper

Burger King Lets You Charge Your Whopper

We know that technically it’s a great thing that you have multiple options to pay for your food at Burger King, but this is just a little too sign-of-the-times, and it makes us sad. Somewhere out there is a guy who’s still paying off the Whopper he ate in June.