Unlike other animals with bad reputations when it comes to visiting stores with say, delicate products, we’re seeing quite an uptick in generally well-mannered bears dropping by retail establishments without doing any damage. A bear in Colorado had a bit of a sweet tooth recently and broke into a candy store to satisfy it while managing to be very tidy about his looting. [More]
Looking to frighten viewers into putting away their bird feeders, the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department warns you that bears are looking to romp into your yard and tear into them. [More]
We know that it’s not good for bears to be be too dependent on human food, but one black bear in Wisconsin took things even farther, wandering inside a grocery store, heading straight for the liquor department, and taking a leisurely nap on a shelf in the beer cooler.
If you plan on going camping in the bear-infested badlands known as the Adirondacks (note: any place with a bear is infested with bears as far as I’m concerned), don’t bother packing your food in the supposedly bear-proof BearVault 500. Although it’s been rigorously tested by grizzlies at a California zoo and at Yellowstone National Park, there’s apparently an unnaturally smart—perhaps even octopus-smart—125-pound black bear in upstate New York who has figured out how to open it.
For the sake of balance, vis-à-vis Obama’s Taking It Seriously, here’s one for Sarah Palin.
Colorado Springs police say that the vandal who broke into a closed Circuit City wasn’t trying to steal electronics — it was a confused black bear.
Stephen Colbert Tastes Like "Vanilla Ice Cream with Fudge Covered Waffle Cone Pieces & a Caramel Swirl"
Ben and Jerry’s is releasing Stephen Colbert flavored ice cream. Is this a fact? Certainly not. It may be truth, however. Expect more info in April. Watch out for Bears. —MEGHANN MARCO
It would appear that losing an arm to an animatronic bear is now the second-leading injury at Chuck E. Cheese. These plastic siren whistles have been recalled as a choking hazard, with reports that at least three children “swallow[ed] pieces of the plastic siren whistle,” setting the stage for the most festive asphyxiation ever.