Jeanpaul wanted to buy several replacement spoons for his Gourmet Settings flatware set, but the company didn’t seem to sell the pieces individually. After fruitlessly searching both the company’s site and eBay, Jeanpaul wrote in asking if there was any way to replace just his missing spoons. Rather than turn him away spoonless, Gourmet Settings asked for Jeanpaul’s address and then offered to send the replacement spoons free of charge.
Seth Godin thinks that for all the talk about privacy, what people really object to is being “surprised.”
If your credit card company called you up and said, “we’ve been looking over your records and we see that you’ve been having an extramarital affair. We’d like to offer you a free coupon for VD testing…” you’d freak out, and for good reason.
I recently received a bill from my local utilities company stating that they had accidentally undercharged me for the last year. Now they want me to pay 438.53. Here’s the letter, is there a way out of this? [Link]
So, not that it matters, but, were I to make a paltry political contribution, what would be the most strategic fund for a donation? [Link]
• How does copyright work when the material is in a library? [Link]
• Which pets are more apt to eat their deceased owners? [Link]
• Brits: is there any American junk food which you covet? [Link]
Landlord fun: am I completely screwed? [Link]
• PorkFilter: Is there anything medically wrong with eating large amounts of pork, sometimes irregularly prepared? [Link]
• My son has an apartment in San Francisco. He works in Marin and uses our(his parents) address for stuff. He also spends time at our house.Is it ok for him to use our address for his car insurance or must he use his rented address(which would also cost more)? [Link]
• I’m toying with the idea of taking my friend who has Asperger’s to a brothel before he returns to Canada. Good idea or am I insane? [Link]
• Tonight I was paying at a gas station and I used the keypad to enter my pin. The numbers 2, 3 and 4 showed tremendous wear compared to all other keys except the enter key. Are these numbers most common in pins? [Link]
• I bought some nice down pillows for myself, and they smell really weird! [Link]
• Why is my credit score so high? [Link]
• Around August 8, the price of unleaded regular gasoline in Ohio and Oregon were the same, at about $3.01/gallon. Since then, the price of gas in Oregon has dropped only a nickel ($2.96/gallon), whereas the price of gas in Ohio has dropped a whopping 60 cents a gallon ($2.41/gallon) (figures via gasbuddy.com). Why? [Link]
• In Edinburgh for a few months, what’s the best mobile phone to use to make international calls to US (amongst other places) from Scotland? [Link]
• Can you ride as a passenger in an uninsured vehicle without legal ramifications? [Link] • Rental Cars: Who gives the most bang for my buck at $29/day insurance rental car coverage? [Link] • How do you tell someone how to cut your hair?
• My father is in his upper 50′s and his wife is in her early 50′s. They don’t have health insurance, but they do have a “health cost sharing plan.” I think it’s hooey. But they think it’s great. I’m worried they are going to get sick and be in alot of trouble without some real health insurance. [Link]