I dropped my fitbit while walking and since it was my own fault I just chalked it up to bad luck and moved on. When I went to cancel my account with fitbit I received the response below from the company. This is what I call amazing customer service and I feel they should be applauded for their efforts. (Please only include my first name and not my email address if this is somehow published)
We are very sorry to hear about your lost Fitbit.
Before cancel your account, we would like to get you back on track with a complimentary replacement.
Could you please provide us with the following information:
- Was your tracker lost with or without your belt clip?
– Copy of purchase receipt.
– Your first and last name.
– Your preferred shipping address.
– Your phone number.
– The email address that your tracker is paired to Fitbit.com with.
– Preferred tracker color: White, Charcoal, Lime, Magenta or Blue. (We will do our best to accommodate your color request, but can not promise that your preferred color will be in stock).
Thank you very much for your time with this.
[redacted] and the Fitbit Team
How nice! Let this serve as a reminder to hang on to your receipt if you have a Fitbit and are prone to losing things.