Perhaps Grocery Store Should Reconsider This Sign's Placement

After all the mislabeled, unfortunately worded, bad math-y and otherwise plain wrong signs we’ve seen, we’re convinced that all retail establishments should hire an official Sign Executive dedicated to making sure these slip-ups don’t happen.

If such a position existed, surely someone would’ve realized that the Halloween sign promising fun when night comes should not be positioned near that many bananas (via HappyPlace.com).

But actually, it’s so much funnier when they do mess up, so pretend we never suggested the job in the first place. We need to get our kicks somehow, right?

Comments

1. PragmaticGuy says:

Exactly, that sign should have been placed near the toilet paper and shaving cream.

2. StatusfriedCrustomer says:

//these “slip-ups” don’t happen. //
    That joke (in reference to banana peels) is funnier than the original sign.

3. pecan 3.14159265 says:

…I’m guessing this is a joke about an innuendo..and is supposed to be funny..okay. This is a Target and the sign is in the grocery section, which is connected to the candy aisles. I Since it looks like it’s promoting Halloween, I think it was put there a subtle hint to go toward the Halloween stuff while you’re picking up groceries.

But yeah, ha ha bananas as innuendo. Okay.

4. HomerSimpson says:

Actually the REAL fun is when you get to the register and find out it’s 24 cents (or whatever) for ONE banana. They catch a lot of people who think it’s (priced) a pound.

• George4478 says:

If it’s a Target, it’s 1 banana for $.24 or 3 bananas for $2.00.

• Coleoptera Girl says:

Most bananas are priced by pound. As someone who sometimes ends up at the cash register… yeah, bananas are by weight. I punch in “4011″ and no “How many?” prompt pops up. Maybe $.24 is based on the average weight of a banana? Or are you referring to gas station bananas? I thought those were generally $.50?

I’m confused. D:

• MarkFL says:

Everyone seems to find this an oddity of Target, but does it make any less sense than pricing lettuce by the head or cucumbers by the each? Or are these unique to Publix?

• Geekybiker says:

Last time I was there, they had them marked 0.24¢ per banana. Amazingly the cashier didn’t agree with me.

5. Red Cat Linux says:

Was I the only on who read the title, saw the sign, saw the bananas, then thought the red sign at the top said “fetish grocery”?

A mind is a terrible thing, I tell ya.

6. SirWired says:

That’s not a grocery store, that’s a Target. (And not a SuperTarget.)

7. Oh_No84 says:

Why is your mind in the gutter??

8. some.nerd says:

Ha… this seems to be perfectly-timed to coincide with the subject matter of this week’s “Savage Love” column. Lulz

9. rslitman says:

Maybe it’s because I’m 60 years old. Maybe it’s because I’m female. Maybe it’s because I never lived in a college dorm. But I totally DO NOT GET what this is supposed to be about. Maybe something to do with the bananas shaped like the moon in the picture? If so, it looks like a great match, unless some folks may read something obscene (phallic?) Into it.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Your last line gives a hint as to what is “funny” about the photo, yes. No, it has nothing to do with moon-shapes.

10. pecan 3.14159265 says:

“There’s always money in the banana stand” takes on a whole new meaning here.

11. oldtaku says:

My standards for grocery store signs are so low I’m just glad it doesn’t read
    WHEN NIGHT FALL’S, THE FUN BEGIN’S

12. NorthAlabama says:

it could have been cucumbers…

13. Difdi says:

I don’t know which amuses me more. That that might be the Target in Woodinville, Washington…or that more than one Target does that with the sign and bananas.

I didn’t have my phone with me (dead charger) when I was at Target on Wednesday, or I’d have probably submitted that absurdity myself.

14. chiieddy says:

It would be better served near the cucumbers.

15. baristabrawl says:

Who rapes a banana peel, honestly?