Potty Training Your Kids At The Restaurant Table Might Possibly Upset Nearby Diners

Whatever you might think of mom’s breastfeeding their young children in public, there are generally laws protecting those women. The same can’t be said for potty training your kids in the middle of a restaurant.

“I noticed that this lady was having her two — she had two twins, two little girls about 2-and-a-half years old, sitting on what I thought were booster seats,” one witness to a public potty training tells KSL-TV in Utah.

But she soon discovered that those booster seats were actually kiddie toilets.

“She had to undo the jumpsuits, and take them all the way down so they were completely nude, with the jumpsuits down to their ankles just eating their chicken nuggets, sitting on little toddler potties,” the diner recalls. “I was like this is not ok, we’re eating, there was a business meeting with about five or six businessmen going on right next to me. The place was packed.”

So she did what lots of people would probably do in the same situation: Take a photo with her phone and post it on Facebook.

A rep for the restaurant tells KSL that there were indeed a number of complaints about the very public pooping, but that by the time restaurant staff were made aware of the incident, it was too late.

[via ServerNotServant.com]

Comments

1. tungstencoil says:

Back in my service industry days, it was *common* to find dirty diapers left on chairs or in booths. This implies the child was changed at the table. I mean, there is a restroom in every restaurant, at least go in there to change the kid and toss the diaper in the trash, rather than leave it for staff to find.

My favorite? One left with a kind little note that said, “Just pee”. Oh, well that makes it so much better!

People are nasty.

• Kabusted says:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Yo!?! A big ole ID-10-Tango tag for the mom!

• shepd says:

Go outside and use the trunk lid like all good parents do!

Oh wait… that’s not a good place either? You’re right, the hood of the car is warmer, and it does get cold up here in the winters. :D

• TheMansfieldMauler says:

This is exactly why I quit going out to eat for the most part. Maybe coincidence, but I also quit getting sick nearly as much.

• kethryvis says:

i was out to dinner with some friends of my (now ex) boyfriend, and was horrified when they casually took their 6 month old and started changing his diaper *at the table* chatting away like nothing was wrong. Thank the GODS we were finished eating because i would have definitely lost my appetite at that point.

Oh and we weren’t at like a Carrows, Denny’s, or other “casual-ish” dining establishment. This was a very nice, mid-upscale restaurant. Luckily, they were out-of-town friends, so we never had dinner with them again. i would have refused another invitation just on the diaper changing principle anyway. UGH.

2. lovemypets00 - You'll need to forgive me, my social filter has cracked. says:

WHAT. THE. HELL.

Just when I think I’ve seen every disgusting public behavior possible, and now this. What is wrong with people? That mother should be arrested.

3. axhandler1 says:

This is pushing it a little too far lady. If your kids are still pooping in public but not old enough to use the public restroom, they should be in diapers. You should absolutely not be carrying around portable potty training seats and utilizing them in a restaurant.

• SpeakR40Dead says:

Agreed. Does anyone else think about the splash or ‘aerosol’ effect when they read this? In my minds eye I see tiny poo particles flying around and landing everywhere. No ma’am! If the kid insists on using a baby potty… take it to the restroom and spare everyone’s meal. Please!

• ReverendLoki says:

They make seats just for this sort of thing. It’s a plastic training seat (just the seat part) that fits atop a regular toilet seat, and provides the appropriate size for a toddler. It’s thin when deployed, and folds up to 1/4th the size and easily fits in a diaper bag. These things are cheap. No reason not to have one if you want to continue training outside the home. Take them to the real restroom, unfold and voila.

• hoi-polloi says:

For a brief while we kept a portable potty in the back of our car. It offered some reassurance if we were on a long drive and he was desperate, but there’s no way in hell I’d bring it into a restaurant. It may be a pain to deal with two kids if you’re a parent by yourself, but this is not acceptable!

4. Torgonius wants an edit button says:

The generation that started getting trophies and certificates just for showing up is having kids of their own now.

I’m not surprised by what’s happening at all. I would expect that the parent would expect all of us to be impressed by her leet parenting skilz, not digusted by her total lack of consideration for anyone else around her.

• VintageLydia says:

Please don’t pin this disgusting behavior on my entire generation. There are idiot and selfish moms in every generation and every mom I know in mine would think this is as gross as I’m sure you do.

• samonela says:

Here’s your Comment Participant Trophy.

• Rocinante says:

Sorry, but there is a reason that many large corporations (and myself) have an unwritten rule about not hiring 20-something snowflakes. They are undisciplined, self-centered, lazy, and unprepared for criticism. Yes, there are exceptions, but I have not seen evidence to the contrary.

• Bog says:

Unwritten? Hummm. Lot’s of places have written polices where that is fact. The only actual law is that you can’t “discriminate” the 40 to 70 year olds.

• Peggee has pearls and will clutch them when cashiers ask "YOU GOT A WIC CHECK MA'AM?" says:

Strangely, we have a lot of them at one of my jobs, because they’ll actually work the hours you tell them to instead of always needing weekends off for the kiddies’ dance recitals and camping trips and birthday parties, etc. They also need the money, unlike older gentlemen and ladies who work to “get out of the house” and are always calling out “sick” or pushing to leave early for this or that event.

Older people talk a great deal about how their generation has a “work ethic” and a sense of responsibility, but talk is cheap. I’d rather see the work actually get done.

• frankrizzo:You're locked up in here with me. says:

I always found if funny when employees that lived 10 minutes from the office would call off because they’re snowed in. I lived 73 miles from the office and made it.

They would have no response and would be in within the hour.

• Tenacity says:

I had exactly the opposite experience at my part time job. Forty+ workers did all the assigned tasks plus more, while the 20-somethings stood around complaining and looking for ways to leave early. Large chain retail. First letter is a “K.” :)

• dks64 says:

I think you can get that from all generations. I work at a restaurant and the older people don’t want to work the long hours late into the night (I’m kinda that way, but only because I’m a morning person, always have been. I do it anyway.). I work weekends, sometimes work until 3am, I work holidays, often I’ll have less than 8 hours between my shifts, and I’m a 20-something. I volunteer to work extra hours and will stay late for others. I have a strong work ethic, I’ve been working since I was 16 (I’m 26 now). I think it’s more personality and personal responsibility over everything. I know older people who have always been lazy, always will be. You can’t judge a generation or age group as a whole.

• dks64 says:

Are you saying that all 20-somethings are snowflakes or just some? If you’re classifying all of us that way, you’re really missing out on some strong, reliable workers like myself.

• RynanEmery says:

+1000

• Anne Noise says:

Uh huh. Do you know the age of the mom? Please kindly fuck off with this ageist attitude.

• Maltboy wanders aimlessly through the Uncanny Valley says:

“A young mother of twins took potty training to the table — the dining table — in a popular Utah deli Tuesday.”

• ChuckECheese says:

She deserves an award for carting around two chamber pots everywhere she goes. Of course, this is Utah, where people have experience using hand carts.

5. Blueskylaw says:

There are so many things wrong with this that I don’t even know where to start.

I was expecting to find a Florida tag though.

6. DuckNCover says:

When you think you’ve heard it all, then you hear something like this. I mean, did the woman then carry the used potties (past eating diners) to the bathroom to clean them? Did she take them and dump them outside? However I look at this it’s just disgusting.

• Kabusted says:

Probably not. That would have meant that she left her kids in the restaurant. That would be some form of neglect where children’s services would have had her on her butt. I believe that there is a state law that says that as long as you’re under the age of 5 that its okay to crap in public.

Nonetheless, she probably just put them inside Kroger shopping bags, placed them in her crap lined duffel bag o’ mommy stuff, and went about her way.

7. Mr_Magoo says:

The witnesses should have gone over to the table and started screaming at the kids – “What are you doing?!?!? That’s disgusting!!! You should never poop anywhere except in your diaper!!!! Seats are for sitting on, not pooping on!!!! If you don’t stop, the poop monster is going to come and get you while you sleep and drag you down to the the sewer!!!”

Scare the kids enough, and the lady won’t be able to get her kids potty trained until they’re teenagers. That’d show her.

8. Gman says:

I really want to know what they did with the potty after it was used….

This is taking the “no diapers” training fad way too far. [assuming this was the reason they could not make it...]

9. menty666 says:

Pardon me, do you have any grey poop on? Oh, I see you do.

10. crispyduck13 says:

I am just so completely confused by this. This is just as bad as all those Asian parents holding bottles for their toddler sons to pee in while in public places, did I see that here a few weeks ago? WTF is wrong with people? Anyone still doubting an Idiocracy future needs to pull their head out of their ass, or toilet, or toilet chair.

Also – good job lady, teaching your kids to eat and poop at the same time, multi-tasking is really a lost art.

11. longfeltwant says:

I don’t know what you guys are complaining about. This is a “natural” function which promotes “healthy” children. We need to “accommodate” mothers in this “public space”. I thought we’d all decided that natural, healthy actions had to be accommodated in public spaces.

No? Oh, okay, well I expect not to hear “natural, healthy, accommodate, and public” from the breastfeeding advocates from now on.

PS same with masturbation

• VintageLydia says:

Totally different things and off-topic to the current discussion. Invariably there will be a breast feeding thread in the future and you can state your opinions there.

• AstroPig7 says:

If you seriously think the excretion of bodily waste is in any way comparable to breast-feeding, then might I suggest taking a biology class?

• crispyduck13 says:

I’m not a rabid defender one way or the other, but you can’t compare breastfeeding and defecating/masturbating as equal functions. I wouldn’t mind a woman breastfeeding in a restaurant if she was discreet about it, which most nursing moms are. You can’t discreetly pinch a loaf in public (short of a colostomy bag), and it is highly unsanitary and violates many health codes and laws to do so at a table in a restaurant.

Masturbation is a sexual function while breastfeeding is an eating function. So comparing those two is like saying a Unicorn is similar to a fire truck.

• longfeltwant says:

Indeed, and I am not. They are not “equal functions”, but they are all natural and healthy. My point is that breastfeed advocates untenably use arguments such as “natural” or “healthy”. Many things are natural, healthy, *and* inappropriate in public. I reject those arguments as nonsense.

For the record, my position is that public policy should protect the act of breastfeeding in truly public spaces such as parks, sidewalks, and publicly accessible government buildings. Private spaces of public accommodation, such as restaurants and other businesses, should be left to the discretion of the owner, which would be fine because I think a large majority of business owners are aware of the breastfeeding issue and want to support breastfeeding and to attract breastfeeding mothers as customers — but those who don’t should be spared vitriol.

• SoCalGNX says:

Breastfeeding in public might be ok if women cover up a bit. These women would never consider going topless in a public place but many seem to think its ok if they have an infant attached.

• Trjgul says:
          • shepd says:

I was going to read it until I saw the chart is incorrect.

You don’t need to feed a baby in public any more than you need to poop in public. I have never heard of a baby dying during the time it takes for mom to get to a restroom or car (although, oddly enough, I *have* heard of people pooping themselves before they get to a toilet–so I’d almost suggest the need is higher for pooping).

The first column is silly, whether something is legal or not has no bearing on whether or not it is right. Turing was illegally gay, but he was not wrong for it, for example.

The last column is also silly, it lends itself to the almost always bad argument of “BUT IT’S FOR THE CHILDREN”.

Deviance is based on societal norms. When we’re discussing how those have changed, deviance is also not an acceptable column.

We’re left with “public health threat”. That is easily solved with a port-a-potti.

Now, I’m not trying to say they’re the same thing, I’m trying to say, though, that article is really, really, really poorly thought out. Probably one of the worst I’ve seen yet on the subject. It is almost 100% appeal to emotion.

• shepd says:

Riddle me this: If you don’t eat or drink, will you ever poop?

If you need to eat/drink to poop, is pooping not a function of eating?

Now that’s disgusting!

• evilpete says:

Troll

• longfeltwant says:

Perhaps. Sometimes people have to be shocked out of their unconsidered opinions. Sometimes people have never actually thought their opinions through, and have to see the results plainly stated. People who advocate for “natural, healthy behavior” in restaurants need to think about what that means.

• shepd says:

As a long time supporter of the idea that it is not too much to ask that a lady use a towel or other cover when breastfeeding in public, I was going to post this…

…but I realized that CM was probably just trolling for comments and changed my mind. :P

• some.nerd says:

Have you ever tried eating a meal with a blanket on your head? SO comfortable!
        /s

If breastfeeding offends you so much, just don’t look.

• longfeltwant says:

“If breastfeeding offends you so much, just don’t look.”

See, this argument also applies to pooping, so it’s a bad argument, like the nature-healthy argument.

Part of the issue is women complaining that men are staring at their exposed breasts, as if the men not only should look away if offended, but also look away if not offended.

• shepd says:

Actually, I enjoy looking. Turns me on. HAWT.

Does that squick you out? You could always use a blanket.

• Trjgul says:

So, it’s bad when someone is pooping where you eat (and I’m in agreement on that), but making someone else go eat where others poop is somehow OK?

12. PadThai says:

I don’t think this is an appropriate potty training lesson. Poop at the table in public while eating? These are going to be some confused little girls.

• OttersArePlentiful says:

I agree! These girls are definitely going to be confused about what’s sanitary, safe, and socially acceptable. I can only imagine what Mom lets them get into at home if she’s fine with them doing number twos in a public eatery!

• HoJu says:

On the other hand, daddy won’t have to worry about sending these girls out on dates when they’re teenagers. Their dates won’t even make it through dinner.

13. evilpete says:

That’s got to be against some health code violation, the mom should have to pay a citation

14. Hoss says:

Isn’t there some wiping action at some point in the little moment? Did she use a napkin and go back to eating her liverwurst sandwich?

15. missy070203 says:

If the day ever comes that I am sitting in a local restaurant and woman whips out a potty chair and has her kid use it in the dining room at the table – I would loose it right there on the spot…

I’m not talking about the OMG somebody get the Manager this chick is out of her mind loose it….

I’m talking about full on Bat Sh!t Insane

• Fargin_Bastages says:

^This. And I’d whip out the cell phone, call the police on the woman (not the restaurant) for violating health codes, vomit at my table and ask for a full refund from the manager. Well, okay, maybe not vomit at my table. Because that would be a health code violation. How about vomiting on the little kid who’s pooping in a restaurant?

16. Outrun1986 says:

If this ever happened to me I would also lose it for sure. I am paying for a dining experience, not to smell someone else’s crap. For those that don’t know, crap smells, and its even more disgusting when trying to eat. However I can sympathize with the restaurant as they probably didn’t know it was going on, especially if the child was sitting under a table and they couldn’t see them. If anyone opens up a child free restaurant around here, I will be their first customer.

I don’t have a problem with breastfeeding at all, its not disgusting and it doesn’t smell, and most mothers who do choose to breastfeed in public are well covered.

I am really glad that this woman is being publicly shamed though.

• Maltboy wanders aimlessly through the Uncanny Valley says:

She’s probably sitting at home watching Springer and eating Doritos, completely oblivious to what happened.

17. SoCalGNX says:

What is wrong with people? this is about as disgusting as it gets.

18. Portlandia says:

People are fucking animals and I’m sorry your little bundle of joy is not precious to me or most strangers. It’s bad enough having them in the restaurant I surely don’t want to see them shitting at the table next to me.

I would have said something without a doubt.

• Maltboy wanders aimlessly through the Uncanny Valley says:

Not all parents are clueless assholes. We never did stuff like this, and we always took our kids outside if they were making a fuss. We also asked to be seated as far away from other folks as possible. Our daughter (the only one with a kid so far) does the same now.

19. PragmaticGuy says:

Outside of the fact that the poster can’t write correct English as “two twins” would be four children because that’s redundant and “mom’s breastfeeding” should not have an apostrophe in moms and “I’m like this is not ok” hell stop talking like a teenager, you sound foolish, it was still a weird thing to see. Hopefully the mom won’t do this again and the poster will learn how to write.

20. eezy-peezy says:

How is this training the kids? I thought the whole point of potty training was, training the kid to know WHEN they needed the potty. Not sit on it 24/7 just in case.

• Fargin_Bastages says:

Also, WHERE. Like, not at the dinner table, whether at home or in public. EVER. To potty train is also to train them to ask to be taken to the appropriate restroom where such things are set up to be handled. And there is privacy. And running water.

21. TotallyCrazy says:

If people noticed it why wasn’t a manager on scene to kick them out ? Tiolet training such as that doesn’t belong in a restaurant

22. Snapdragon says:

‘by the time restaurant staff were made aware of the incident’ — Er, exactly HOW oblivious were the serving staff? Seriously, the person serving that table didn’t realize what was going on?

BTW, I can’t believe ANYONE would think this was acceptable enough to do. If precious-wecious has to stay tethered to a toilet, keep him or her at home. With you.

• Southern says:

If you look at the attached video, it looks like it’s a self-serve deli kinda thing, and no “servers” actually go out onto the floor. I saw a self-serve coke machine (on the far right), self-serve silverware/napkin dispensers, etc. I could be wrong though.

23. njack says:

This is a case where I would have confronted the parent in an extremely not nice way. There is so much wrong with what they are doing.

24. dangermike says:

Considering I’m grossed out sharing a dining space with people wearing scrubs*, I suppose it could go without saying I wouldn’t tolerate this kind of behavior. I would probably ask for the manager and insist choose whose business he’d rather have.

*(If you’re not going to respect your uniform, please respect the health and safety of your patients and the public at large. I sure as hell don’t wear my polymer-stained lab whites into our lunch and office spaces, let alone out into public.)

• Snapdragon says:

Yes, THIS too. I see people in scrubs riding public transit* and… really, is it that much of an inconvenience to bring them and change at work?

(* I ride public transit too, so I’m not denigrating them for doing so.)

• Kuchen says:

There are lots of people who wear scrubs for work that don’t actually do anything you wouldn’t do in normal clothes. When I have to be in the operating room for my job, I have to wear hospital-laundered scrubs. I change into them at work, and change out of them before I leave. However, there are a lot of people at my hospital who wear “scrubs” (which aren’t really scrubs at all, but just uniform pants/tops that are now commonly called scrubs) but never have the occasion to be near anyone else’s bodily fluids. Just seeing someone in scrubs doesn’t mean they are dirty.

• dangermike says:

But it does mean they’re repulsive. And even if they don’t work in a sterile section of the hospital a couple blocks from where I work, when I see them at lunch, I can know for a fact that they came from inside that hospital, bearing whatever is in it space, and they will return to that hospital, carrying back anything they encountered. Even if it is just for appearances and uniformity, it is still disrespectful to that uniform.

25. Er1K says:

That’s what Pull-Ups™ are for.

26. Aliciaz777 says:

This is so disgusting. I hope someone outs this mother’s identity so people can shame her.

27. Leftstrat says:

That is just flat nasty and sidgusting. That is just….. trashy. I don’t understand people. at all…

28. JediZombie says:

I feel sorry for the children who have parents that are clearly that lazy.

Come on people I have a 2 year old who is potty training and yeah, it’s a pain to stop and take them to the restroom, BUT THAT’S WHAT YOU DO!!!!

This is embarrassing as both a parent and an American.

• Outrun1986 says:

This is very embarrassing too, every time a kid in our family was potty trained none of us would have EVER thought to do this, I don’t think the thought would have even crossed our minds. They have pull up’s now that can be used as real underwear but have protection in case there is an accident… so really.. there is no excuse. Last time I checked also you don’t plant the kid on the potty and make them sit there until they go in it, it is not a chair or a stool, which is what this lady is doing, and they certainly shouldn’t be sitting on it during a meal, even at home.

• wombats lives in [redacted] says:

While I agree with your comment overall, how does being American, have anything to do with the amount of embarrassment?

29. OttersArePlentiful says:

I’ve seen parents change their baby’s diapers on the benches at food courts, but I never thought any parent would be so rude, disgusting, and hold such a disregard for public health and safety as this. If having a child is too inconvenient for you, then either a) don’t have one or b) hire help. There’s simply no excuse for this kind of public behavior, no matter what your sob story may be.

30. MrEvil says:

There’s only one way you respond to this. You stand up and start yelling at the parents “THE FUCK PEOPLE? Would you like it if I dropped trow and pinched off a loaf over at my table? DIDN’T THINK SO!”

I’m sorry, that’s the only way to combat this sort of unacceptable behavior, public embarassment. There’s too much passive agressiveness in this country and we need to get actively agressive.

• Southern says:

You’d have to say “Frackin” or “Freakin”.. Otherwise you could get a ticket for public profanity.

31. dush says:

it’s also disgusting when people change their baby at the table in a restaraunt.

• JF says:

I will admit to having done this. But only in restaurants that don’t have changing tables. What am I suppose to do? Put my baby on the bathroom floor…… That is disgusting.

• brshoemak says:

Take your baby out to the car, open the door, lay them on the seat (with a changing mat) and change them there. That’s what we did for years and we never had a problem. Keep extra ‘gear’ in your cars and you won’t have an issue.

• impudence says:

• Jack Vermicelli says:

“We don’t have cars in NYC. If a restaurant fails to have a changing table in the bathroom they bring what happens upon themselves.”

That’s akin to “if a restaurant doesn’t have a restroom for customer use, they bring what happens on themselves.”

What you’re talking might be worse, since what’s an emergency for an adault is every day business for a baby (and really once you’ve *already* pooped yourself, it can’t get a lot worse).

Poop in a dining area is poop in a dining area, be it changing a diaper or grabbing a bucket for yourself.

• BlueTomato says:

Jack, Jack, Jack. There’s one little bitty fact of biology that you’re ignoring, a perfectly good reason to change a poopy diaper quickly: bacteria! In the urinary tract! Leads to nasty, painful infection for little girls! You don’t want a little girl to sit around in poop for any length of time, trust me. Now if it’s a little boy, who the heck cares?

• Bob A Dobalina says:

there is a perfect good reason for not changing a baby’s shitty diaper in a restaurant- bacteria. no one wants to share little johnny’s e coli

• Smiling says:

No one wants little Johnny’s e-coli, or to smell shit while they eat. That is all kinds of revolting. Eat at places with changing tables or stay home. When you have a baby, you have to sacrifice. You shouldn’t expect everyone else to suffer for your kid. Changing a diaper in a dining area of a restaurant is unacceptable.

• benminer says:

If you clean up properly there is no risk of contamination. They make anti-bacterial wipes.

As far as smelling poo, well you will smell that anytime you are around babies whether they are being changed or not.

I’m going to think of you next time I change my kid on the table. ;-) It’s not my first choice but sometimes it has to be done.

• Bluesfart says:

I wouldn’t choose to allow another patron to be responsible for cleaning up sewage on my table.

I also think it is unreasonable to say that it’s someone else’s fault for being around a stinky baby, just as it isn’t someone else’s fault for being on a plane with a noisy baby. Changing a baby at a table is completely disgusting to see, smell, and potentially get infected by. It’s completely unacceptable, even if you try and marginalize the down sides, it is still careless, rude, disgusting, and insane.

Babies are a burned, yes. But that is your responsibility as a parent. It might mean that you can’t go out to the fancy restaurants you would like… But that should be obvious. All the strangers around you are not volunteering to accept that burden so don’t force it on them.

• unholyprawn says:

Then don’t go to a restaurant, change its diaper before you go, or let it sit until you are done. I don’t want to watch you clean your crotch dumpling’s feces up while I eat.

• Christiembear says:

I just send this response to the original blogger to this thread, but I would love to see if you are available as well “impudence.”

• reykjavik says:

I like how “Not going to that restaurant” never even crossed your mind. Having children changes your life. If you don’t want to even be inconvenienced by going to a different restaurant (or heaven forbid, no restaurant at all!) don’t have kids.

So now everyone at that restaurant has to be disgusted by your kid crapping because even you didn’t want to stay at home with him/her?

Anything else the general public can do so you can avoid having your child produce the slightest interruptions in your social life?

• SuziSnaps says:

I couldn’t agree me! If the restaurant doesn’t have accommodations that suit your needs why would you go?

And p.s., it is a fact of biology that ingesting poop may cause death (e-coli). We have standards in the U.S. to protect people from such things. Perhaps people should value public health over being inconvenienced for the few years their children are in diapers.

• soj4life says:

Counter in bathroom. If you are in nyc and need to know what places have a changing table, there is an app for that. http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/for-new-york-parents-an-app-that-embraces-change/

• Bob A Dobalina says:

but it is not disgusting for everyone else in the restaurant to have their meal ruined by the smell of your little snowflake’s strained pea poop?

why do you need to take your baby to a restaurant? does it enjoy the atmosphere? appreciate the fine cuisine?

it should not be there in the first place.

and don’t hand me that “we need to get out of the house too” crap. get a babysitter or stay home

• Christiembear says:

Hey JF-I work for a national talk show based in NYC. We are looking for someone to come on our show and talk about exactly your point of view on this potty-training situation. There are actually a lot of people out there that share your same opinion. If you are interested, please send me an email to Christiembear@gmail.com and I will give you some additional details. Thanks!

• JamiSings says:

Have to agree with the others, JF. Stay home, get a babysitter, or go to another place that does have a changing table. End of discussion. What you did is disgusting and wrong, period.

32. Bog says:

That’s just wrong… Ew! I would tell them never to return…. There are just some things that you never do…..

• alana0j says:

EEEEWWWW! As a mother of two, I completely agree!! If I dine with my girls alone and the baby needs a change, we suck it up and all make a trip to the bathroom. If you’re not prepared to have to go out of your way sometimes….well don’t have children.

• Bob A Dobalina says:

“If I dine with my girls alone and the baby needs a change, we suck it up ”

you may wish to rephrase this

33. Outrun1986 says:

I just noticed another problem, from the picture, I doubt this potty is meant to be sat on top of a chair, that kid is in danger if they fall off the chair since there is nothing anchoring them to the chair, the potty is just sitting on top of it. Now I know why product recalls happen. The last time I checked I don’t think a potty is meant to be used on top of a chair or other raised surface, you are supposed to set it on the floor. Besides, what was the mom going to do if the kid DID decide to use the potty during the meal? How many other restaurants has she done this in as well?

• doctor_cos wants you to remain calm says:

Then they would sue the manufacturer, and the restaurant as well.

Some people have ZERO self-respect.

• Kuri says:

What would she sue the restaurant for?

• Jawaka says:

I agree. Don’t sue the restaurant, sue the parent.

• jandasma says:

It is obvious to me that Doctor Cos is implying that any mother who is rude enough to potty train her children at a restaurant table would also be the type to sue that restaurant if their child got injured in that restaurant, even if the injury was her own fault. Doctor Cos is correct.

• Kate Blue says:

Since the kid has it’s pants pulled down, my guess is that’s exactly what she expected to happen.

34. Kuri says:

I doubt this is about potty training and more about this spawner being too fucking lazy to take her kids to the bathroom.

And yes, she should be charged for public health AND child endangerment, two fold on the second one since that kid can easily fall, and her exposing them to all sorts of perverts.

• alana0j says:

THIS. The idea that some sick f***s out there get their rocks off to children makes me sick to my core…but they do exist. I would never EVER create a situation where either of my girls were nude in public…

• Kuri says:

Same. We don’t let my four year old cousin outside unless he has at least a diaper on, but he tries.

Still, who knows who else snapped an image.

• Bob A Dobalina says:

“spawner” – LULZ

^5

35. rstark says:

for the record, KSL has already removed this article from their FB page. Not surprised, so much hatred from the mormon mommies who think they run the state

36. ProfS says:

I used to work at a video store that had an unheated buffer hallway/room before you got into the store. Anyway, working late one night when a customer came in to the main part of the store gagging. We go and check it out only to find a small #2 in the corner. Of course, the peons rock paper scissors, and I am on the winning end. At the end of the night, we go into the security booth to see what went down. Sure enough, about ten minutes before the gagging customer came in, a mom and a little boy were out in that hall. The boy looked antsy, so she took him into the corner, and the rest is history. The bathroom was literally no more than 20 feet away and did not require a key.

• Kuri says:

My guess is there were two stores she wanted to go to with the bathroom in between and didn’t want her spawn to inconvenience her shopping flow.

37. ktee says:

^^^^^Actually, eating off a table where a dirty diaper has been changed is disgusting! Why would that even enter your mind as an option? Your options are as follows: change the diaper on floor, take your baby to your car & change the diaper in the back seat OR go home. Politely ask the Manager to install a change table in the bathroom. Using a dining table is never an option. Think about other people instead of just your own/baby’s needs.

38. beappleby says:

Regarding the comments that brought up breastfeeding:

The reaction everyone is having at the thought of kids pooping in the middle of a restaurant, and food being contaminated, is exactly why mothers should not be reduced to feeding their babies in the restroom.

• jandasma says:

Wow! Very good point! Something for EVERYONE to think about!

• Bob A Dobalina says:

oh please. they are babies. they spend their lives in slobber, vomit and poop.

the rest room at a truck stop is cleaner than the average baby

• dks64 says:

I work at a restaurant, our bathrooms are cleaner than the tables.

• dks64 says:

And before you get the wrong idea, it’s not because we don’t clean the tables, but studies show that cell phones are more dirty than bathrooms. People are constantly setting their phones on tables. Plus, people think bathrooms carry more germs, so places are more likely to keep up on sanitation. That’s not an argument for breastfeeding in bathrooms, btw.

• JamiSings says:

That’s why they make blankets to cover up with.

And don’t give me that argument about about how breastfeeding is “natural and beautiful.” It’s actually rather disgusting to look at. And while I don’t want kids at my age, I also CAN’T have them, and sometimes seeing a woman breastfeeding really hurts me. Because she’s doing something I will never be able to do. Makes me feel like I’m not a real woman because I can’t give birth or breastfeed.

So if you won’t cover up for those who don’t want to see your naked boobs, cover up for those of us for whom breast feeding could be an unhappy trigger.

39. Corinthos says:

Two of my local news stations had this up on their facebook and they were removed after several hours of complaining about privacy. All the faces are blurred so I don’t know what the fuss is. If I was in the place and took the picture it would be up on my facebook with no faces blurred and I would have got a good one of the mothers face to go along with it.That is just trashy.

40. soj4life says:

The wtf is wrong with people? Not only is your kid expel waste in a crowded room, you have them almost naked while doing it. Along with that, you now have a bowl full of waste that is just sitting there. If you’re kid is a burden on your social life, then lose the social life.

41. keneight2 says:

Kids can run around restaurants screaming and pooping, but my dog can’t sit silently under my table. Seems fair.

I actually do understand why dogs aren’t allowed in restaurants (too many bad dog owners), but kids can be just as bad. If you can’t keep your kids under control or will have to handle their poop at a table, stay home or get it TO GO.

42. timjames57 says:

This is wrong in two ways 1.I’m sure someone got sick. 2.who knows what fucking perverts snapped a picture or 2

43. timjames57 says:

44. Bob A Dobalina says:

people who allow their children to create *any* kind of disturbance in a public venue should be forced by law to pay for everyone’s meal/ticket/whatever

in fact, it should be illegal to take children out in public after 5:00 PM

“snowflake” parents need to learn that no one else wants to deal with their disgusting, noisy, smelly, whelps. maybe this will make people think twice about reproducing

45. ganon446 says:

This family deserved to be arrested and fined. Seriously, this is the reason why my and the wife park right at the bar instead of a table. All we need is that single mother to come in with her six to ten bad kids who run around and jump on the booth.

Kids shouldn’t go to these places seriously. As a kid I never wanted to go to a Restaurant unless there was a play area meaning McDonalds and Burger King only.

I have three kids and I refuse to allow them in a Restaurant to where they might disturb someone’s evening.

46. icerabbit says:

What the heck is that mother thinking?!

Ignoring obvious health and sanitation issues doing this in a public dining space …

How is that not child endangerment?

Placing a toddler on a potty chair on top of an adult chair? Little kids sitting almost three feet off the ground on a little tower. Brilliant!

Next thing you know, one of the children falls, breaks its neck and the potty chair manufacturer is sued for not having stickers all over the potty chair to expressly remind people that the potty chair should only be placed on solid ground, not on tables, chairs, …

47. 2cranky4u says:

this incident makes me want to puke up my mcnuggets. What kind of parent puts a buck naked kid on a potty chair to poop at the table in the middle of a crowded restaurant? Good god I knew that medicinal marijuana thing was going to come back and bite us in the butt…a naked one pooping…