Comment Of The Day: What Are Babies Made Of?

AstroPig7: Babies are either made of magical, wonderful materials or they’re dead boogers that learned how to scream. It all depends on whom you ask.

Seen an especially funny, insightful, or useful comment on this site? Nominate it for Comment of the Day by sending it to laura@consumerist.com by e-mail or Google Chat.

Comments

1. snarfies says:

how is babby formed

how girl get pragnent

2. Applekid says:

I would think screaming dead boogers would be quite magical indeed.

Reminds me of the ol’ Jack Handey quote:
    “Would we be so cavalier about cutting down trees if they screamed? We would if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

3. lovemypets00 - You'll need to forgive me, my social filter has cracked. says:

I’m going with the screaming analogy, if they’re anything like the kids next door. 50 yards away, and I can hear them screaming at the top of their lungs, with the TV on in my house. And that’s just a normal day. I hope nothing bad ever happens over there ’cause I’ll never know when to call 911 or just pass it off as a normal screaming day.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

LOL the people behind and one house over from mine are the same way. I literally could not even enjoy my pool last year because I could hear every word they were saying all the way across their backyard, MY backyard and into my house, let alone being outside. Just no concept of talking without yelling and the kids were insanely loud.

4. ScandalMgr says:

Human babies are stealing the future from other species.

Given we are exhausting resources, looking at the exponential increase in population curves, and resultant decrease in biodiversity, William Catton’s dire prediction of mass human die-off due to exceeding carying capacity of this planet, in his book “Overshoot” will seem prophetic. It is a must read! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overshoot:_The_Ecological_Basis_of_Revolutionary_Change#Overshoot:_The_Ecological_Basis_of_Revolutionary_Change

Promoting human breeding would seem to just be an irresponsible continuance of the problem.

May the human race live long and die out. http://www.vhemt.org

5. mikeMD says:

You tell everybody. Listen to me. Hatcher. You’ve gotta tell ‘em! BABIES IS PEOPLE! We gotta stop them! Somehow! Listen! Listen to me… PLEASE!!!

6. Booger of Love says:

Evil…pure evil.

7. shepd says:

Shamelessly ripped from the interwebz:

Oxygen (65%), Carbon (18%), Hydrogen (10%), Nitrogen (3%), Calcium (1.5%), Phosphorus (1.0%), Potassium (0.35%), Sulfur (0.25%), Sodium (0.15%), Magnesium (0.05%), Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%), Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)

8. sprybuzzard says:

Yes. My son moves back and forth in those categories daily, and he’s only 5 months old. I’m pretty sure I’ll be the frazzled mom you see dragging a tantrum throwing toddler out to the parking lot.

9. snarfies says:

Thank you!

10. IraAntelope says:

Come on, everyone knows that babies (not babby) are made of that awful smelling yellow runny stuff that fills the diaper every few minutes.