Converse, Twitter Customer Non-Service, And The Amazing Self-Destructing Sneakers

Maybe Tim is being irrational, but he was under the impression that if he spent $100 on a pair of shoes, he could depend on the soles to not fall apart inside of a year. Sure, he lives in New York City and puts a lot of miles on his shoes, but isn’t that the point of shoes? When his first pair of Converse by John Varvatos wore out, he bought another. He really liked the shoes, except for the pesky hole in the heel. When the second pair fell apart within six months too, he sought help from Converse. Apparently, Converse has never helped a customer with a complaint about the longevity of their shoes before, because they don’t seem to know how to deal with an unhappy customer. Or maybe their passing Tim around to different places and departments and ignoring his messages is their policy.

They’re great-looking shoes. I’d buy a pair if I knew that they would hold up to my walking around a little. Tim posted about the saga on his Tumblr:

It begins with me visiting the Converse store in SoHo, where I splurged on a pair of Converse by John Varvatos. While $100+ is a lot for a pair of shoes (especially converse), please keep in mind that these were not just canvas and rubber cheapies. They were leather, more solid, and looked much nicer.

However, in less than 6 months a hole had worn completely through the heel. Meaning that I could poke my finger from one side of the shoe through the other. As you can imagine, this made these impossible to wear in the rain.

Despite living in New York City, I had never experienced shoe disintegration like this before. I was soon looking for a new pair of shoes, and ended up back in the Converse store. I gravitated back to the table of Converse by John Varvatos. I know, right? I couldn’t help it. They looked so damn cool. Still just as expensive, but this time it seemed as though they had maybe caught on, as these new ones had a thick clear rubber sole, seemingly more capable of handling someone walking in them. You see where this is going, right?

In less than six months time, I had a new problem. Not the heel wearing through, but the opposite. The sole of the shoe at the toe had become completely unglued and separated from the rest of the shoe. Now my right shoe flaps when I walk. This is especially efficient for getting any water at all straight to my feet.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice… uhh… WE WON’T GET FOOLED AG’IN!

So here’s where it gets good. I wasn’t looking for anything specific. It usually comes down to the principle of the matter. I wanted to let them know what happened. Express my disappointment, and hopefully someone who is in charge of something will take notice and rectify the situation of a very unhappy customer who spent over $200 on two pairs of shoes that combined didn’t last a single year. I dug around on Converse.com fruitlessly looking for a customer service email or phone number. No dice.

1. I settle for emailing their estore. (estore@converse.com) I tell my story, and send the pictures.
2. I get a response a day later telling me to contact their consumer group (consumergrp@converse.com)
3. I email the consumer group on two separate occasions. No response or even an electronic acknowledgment.
4. I begin to tweet about Converse’s crappy support. They respond, and tell me to DM them so they can help. I do just that. (@Converse) [ps- twitter is a great tool for customer service, but if it’s your ONLY tool, there’s a real problem]
5. They respond to my DM with this:

Hi Tim. We want to help you resolve this. Please email social@converse.com. Thanks!

6. I email social@converse.com. No response. I DM @Converse:

Why did you have me send an email if you aren’t going to acknowledge it?

7. They respond:

Hi Tim, Sorry about that. Please email me directly at converse@anomaly.com

8. I email converse@anomaly.com and receive this response:
Hi Tim,

I’m not sure who you’ve spoken with in the past, but I am one of the people that manage Converse’s Twitter account, and directed you to email social@converse.com, and converse@anomaly.com. Apologies for the multiple emails you have sent with no response as of now. I would love to resolve this issue as soon as possible; can you let me know where you purchased the shoes from? Thanks!

9. I respond, letting them know I bought both pairs of shoes from the SoHo store, they quickly respond with:

Thanks for the info. I will look into it and get back to you with a resolution as soon as possible. In the meantime, have a good night.

10. A week passes. I email back:

Hi [redacted],
Was there any follow up to this?

11. No response. It’s now been 40 days, 4 different email addresses, and a few twitter replies and DM’s since I sent my first email to the estore. I’m yet to get any meaningful dialogue from anyone at Converse.

*** UPDATE:
12. Shock. Within minutes of posting this blog and tweeting some more, I get this response:

Hi Tim,
Apologies, Converse has been experiencing difficulty with their email system over the past week, but I have forwarded your request and will follow up again shortly.

While I want to believe something might eventually happen, I’m kind of pissed that they think so little of ANYONE as to try and pretend that A) any email system for a major company would have issues for an entire week, and B) that week just fell perfectly in line between their last email and my angry tweets.

How about a little honesty and a “Holy shit I’m so sorry I forgot about this, but I promise I’m working on it now!”

I really despise having to fire off dickish tweets and blog posts about this. At this point, I’m really just curious to see how far this will go before anyone does anything. Like, is this the first time in the history of Converse that someone has complained about their shoes falling apart? Is there no contingency plan in this case? More updates to follow. (maybe)

Meanwhile, time to buy some black leather sneakers that hold up a little better. Or at least can be re-soled.

Adventures in Crappy Customer Service, feat. Converse! [timisthedevil]

Comments

1. Stickdude says:

“As you can imagine, this made these impossible to wear in the rain.”

Really? Yes, his feet might get wet – thus defeating the purpose of wearing shoes. But “impossible”? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

2. Coffee says:

I see the problem: there are clearly not enough laces in that shoe.

3. Extended-Warranty says:

6 months old? They look like they have been through hell and back. If they were in better condition, I would side with you.

• Rainicorn with baby bats says:

Have to agree with you, I immediately thought he beat the hell out of the shoes.. I thought they were at least 2 years old from first glance.

• Coffee says:

I think part of the problem is that he’s correlating price with durability. Those shoes look like they’re meant to be fashionable, not utilitarian…running around New York all day wearing them is going to beat the hell out of a shoe like that. I agree with a poster further down…if you want something durable, buy a nice pair of hiking boots…they’ll be comfortable and last a long time…of course, you can’t wear skinny jeans with hiking boots…

• chiieddy says:

Yes. Shoe durability is based on miles, not time. If you go N miles in 6 months, they’ll last 6 months. If you go N miles in 24 months, they’ll last 24 months. You beat your shoes to hell, you’re lucky to get a year out of them [from experience. I’m rough on shoes and wear them until they fall apart]

4. TheMansfieldMauler says:

Superglue. You’re welcome.

5. egoods says:

I had an issue with Dickies steel toe dress shoes, they were also $100+, but the upside was I purchased them through Zappos. Mine started to fall apart (the steel toe part was showing through, the sole was starting to de-laminate, etc…) within about 8 months, I expected more from a work shoe. Yeah I work in an industrial environment but still 8 months for a work shoe like this… one call to Zappos CS, and very friendly agent gladly credited the full cost of the shoes to me, and helped me pick out a better pair. I got Timberland Pro Series, and they’ve been great for over a year now, show very few signs of wear. It was so easy I was flabbergasted, then I remembered Zappos is the fracken best store ever.

6. pecan 3.14159265 says:

There’s this thing you might have heard of…it’s called a telephone. You pick it up, dial a number, and someone will pick up on the other end.

I can’t believe he waited 40 days and didn’t bother calling Converse once.

• AcctbyDay says:

“I dug around on Converse.com fruitlessly looking for a customer service email or phone number. No dice.”

You’re a smart guy – you can read right?

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

I’m a girl. And apparently, it’s the OP who can’t read, because right on Converse.com you see on the bottom a link that says “Contact Us” and it leads to, you guessed it, phone numbers. http://www.converse.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx

Also, who doesn’t know to google “Converse customer service”? Guess what the first result is? That’s right – Converse’s “Contact Us” page.

• AcctbyDay says:

Sorry about the “guy” faux-pas.

You have a good point, however he did receive some contact from the company and it was awfully handled. Why have two modes of customer service contact if the company is going to ignore one?

As an assumption, perhaps from my experiences. Perhaps calling during their customer service times was unacceptable due to work hours.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Take it for what you will, but it does say on the “Contact Us” page that phone lines are open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.

• AcctbyDay says:

I would have called them myself, I agree with you (knowing now that they have a phone number that was reasonable to find and the numbers being open 24 hours a day 7 days a week).

• Anathema777 says:

You’re right about that. Whether the customer is right or wrong, if a company has a customer service channel, they should use it. It’s poor form only to respond when things are made public.

• dragonvpm says:

It’s possible that the page that’s up now is not the same one that he found a couple of months ago. Judging by the email addresses they are using (converse@anomaly.com seems odd) it is possible that they are working on their email addresses and web content and that this is why they’ve been so poor at responding.

Still though I do find it unfortunate that they don’t seem to have a more reliable system in place for dealing with customer service electronically. Personally I prefer doing things like that via email because it gives me good documentation about what was said and done. Phone conversations are a lot less convenient to document to the same level of detail.

• Anathema777 says:

Right, their “contact us” link is so hard to find: http://www.converse.com/Help/ContactUs.aspx

• AcctbyDay says:

Got me. I didn’t do his research for him, but I did read the article.

• Anathema777 says:

Fair enough. I guess my comment should have been aimed more at the OP!

• AcctbyDay says:

After the above exchange with Pecan I agree with you that he should have called and that his inability to find a phone number is laughable. However, I stick to the fact that Converse should actually man their numerous CS e-mails if they have them and give them out. Otherwise, why the contact e-mails?

• Marshmelly says:

Well…I think the point is that he shouldn’t have to resort to calling if he was able to find a customer service email address which should have been checked and responded to. They’re a large company…I can’t imagine only being able to contact them by phone and not through email or a live chat service.

• Snowball2 says:

But it’s not as if the phone is a cure-all for situations like this. How many times have we read on this blog where customer service reps will tell you almost anything to get you off the phone and then with no paper trail there is no proof of what they promised you? Getting something in writing on email would be the best thing.

7. lyontaymer30 says:

I don’t think the person understands that shoes aren’t indestructible lol. In those six months he must have been walking like crazy. And I don’t think Converses are made for all that walking. How about get something more durable for NY, like boots.

• AcctbyDay says:

I’m feeling kinda irritated this morning for no particular reason, but correct me if I’m wrong.

Shoes are made for walking right? God forbid you purchase a product that you know, stands up to being used for what it is intended for. The fact that most American’s don’t walk much is no excuse for sub par products.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Converse shoes are pretty durable, but he must have walked a ton to destroy those so quickly. My guess is he wore those no matter what the weather was like, which is a terrible idea.

• LadyTL says:

Why? Aren’t shoes meant to be worn for all weather? Do you have special rain shoes, mud shoes, dry shoes, heat shoes, office shoes, street shoes, carpet shoes, etc? Last I checked sneakers were supposed to be the all-purpose shoe.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Not to that extreme, no, but I have rainboots and winter boots and shoes that I only wear when I know the weather will be nice, and office shoes. Not every sneaker is an all-purpose shoe, especially not a designer leather one.

• Marshmelly says:

well, kind of…

rain shoes – rain boots
          mud shoes – rain boots as well? I also use them for snow.
          dry shoes – any shoes I suppose
          heat shoes – flip flops?
          office shoes – heels
          street shoes – sneakers
          carpet shoes – no shoes!

So yes, a lot of us don’t wear the same shoes for everything, and most shoes do not stand up well to being worn in the rain.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

I don’t think that you understand that spending $100 for a pair of shoes is a lot of money for most people. I would expect them to last a year at least. I’ve bought cheaper shoes from Walmart that lasted longer than these. The problem is, Converse is charging too much for a shitty product, and they have shitty customer support.

I for one will not buy their shoes after reading this story.

8. akronharry says:

I don’t know why, but I did it. I counted the holes in the shoes. There are 40 grommets (holes) in each shoe. Why would you wear these in the rain even if they were in better shape?
    Looks like these were his only shoes judging by the condtion of them.
    COuld the heel have worn out because of the way he walks…….like dragging his heel when moving about?

• RandomLetters says:

Thats what I was thinking. My brother rolls his feet to the inside as he walks and he can wear out a pair of boots faster than anyone else I know. I tend to come down hard on the heel of my boots. But thats what I like about boots. So long as you keep the upper surface in nice condition you can replace the heels and soles for darn near forever.

9. Jimmy60 says:

Shoes are like car tires, their life is measure in distance travelled, not how long you’ve had them.

Those shoes are just worn out. He should either walk less or try a different model or style of shoe. A hiking shoe might be more durable.

10. Sorta Kinda Lucky Soul says:

When I was younger I used to love my Chucks, wore them just about everywhere. Had two pair that lasted me for almost 8 years (through college and the toddlerhood of three kids). Did they wear, sure, but not to the point I couldn’t just put a cheap new inner liner in them and keep on going. As bad as they got they never looked like the pictures shown.

Fast forward to last year when I see an adorable pair of bright orange Chucks that I just can’t resist. These aren’t my primary shoes and get nowhere near even a 10th of the wear my old ones did, but within six months of maybe twice a week wear (on the weekends, casual walking) I’m seeing the sole separating from the top of the shoe along the outside where it creases when you walk. Really sucks for shoes that cost about $45 if I remember correctly.

But, seeing as they’re now probably made in China, I guess I should be glad I got the six months of light wear out of them.

• mattyb says:

Modern Converse are, for the most part, crappy shoes. I had a pair when I was younger (when I used to tear up shoes like crazy) that were bulletproof. Now I’m sure the price has skyrocketed and the quality plummeted. Just because they charge $100 for them (you’re paying for the John Varvatos name) doesn’t mean that they’re any more than an expensive piece of crap.

• mattyb says:

To add to that, (rich) women can easily spend $500+ on a pair of heels. Just because they cost 10X as much as a $50 department store pair, does that mean they should last 10X longer?

11. cactus jack says:

First of all, Slickdeals is definitely your friend when it comes to overpriced designer shoes. A quick search for Varvatos shoes brings up two threads with decent discounts. MSRP for shoes is crazy.

Second, two pairs of shoes dead in two years is ridiculous. I hope you get this resolved.

12. ARP3 says:

OK a few points:

1) You bought designer Chucks, but they’re still just chucks. The fact that you spent $100 on them is almost irrelevant.

2) If you live in NYC, I imagine you’re walking a lot. Chucks have gum rubber soles and if you have a uneven gait (e.g. pronate), your shoes will wear out much faster.

3) When I was younger it was in poor fashon taste to have a pair of new looking chucks. We would often make duct tape repairs on them and write “7 Seconds,” but on digress…

All that being said, it kind of sucks that they didn’t respond, but I imagine they don’t get as many CS requests as other companies. Have you tried the store that you purchased from, rather than online?

13. RedOryx says:

1) Converse.com has a “contact us” link at the bottom of the home page. Call: (888) 792-3307. Phones are open 7 days a week 24 hours a day.

2) Those shoes look very, very well worn for 6 months. Is it possible they just fell apart from overuse? (Nah, that’s crazy talk)

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

I have a pair of really cheap Airwalks from Payless that look better than that. It took me 2 years to wear them down. And I wore them into the woods on a hike!

• RedOryx says:

See, price doesn’t always equal quality or longevity. In fact, I’ve often found the opposite is true.

14. keepher says:

I think folks are missing some vital information here, where were the shoes made? A well made pair of shoes can go through some serious punishment before they begin to look worn, at six months unless he’s wearing these shoes 24/7 and moving they should not look this degraded.

Many of you might not be old enough to even realize how poorly made things are now. I buy made in America shoes for both my husband and myself. His are work boots that are several years old now and except for the expected scuffs from a construction site look pretty darn good. The crap coming out of China is made so poorly and with such poor quality materials they have no chance of lasting for any extended period of time.

Until we, the consumers, stand our ground and refuse to pay high dollar for such shoddy workmanship we will see this story repeated again and again.

• cactus jack says:

Many of us refuse to pay high dollar for anything anymore (yay Internet) making it nearly impossible for American manufacturers to compete. Tack on our much higher labor costs and our own shoddy workmanship, and you have the reason many things aren’t made here anymore.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Even though so many shoes are made in China, Taiwan, the Phillipines, and other foreign nations now, it’s still not an apples to oranges comparison. I have boots I wear for hiking, during the winter in every kind of weather, and I know they were made in a third world country – but they’ve been the most durable boots I’ve ever owned.

• wombats lives in [redacted] says:

There are many quality products coming out countries other than America, including China.

15. JAlfaro87 says:

Seriously, you bought a designer shoe. Not a shoe known for its quality. This is like calling up Tom’s and complaining that your shoes fell apart.
    Also, walking on your heels is not good for any shoe. I recommend something with better arch support. Surely, these aren’t comfortable for long treks around NYC.

16. JAlfaro87 says:

“My $100 designer shoes fell apart. Now my feet get wet when it rains…”

_First World Problems.

• cactus jack says:

You’ve obviously never lived in a third world country.

Some people in third world countries also buy ridiculously expensive shoes and will complain when they fall apart and get their feet wet. Though to many, $100 is a shitton of money and will probably take tremendous care of them.

17. Sean says:

Ok, I can’t believe no one caught the more obvious thing that the OP could have done. Did the OP ever try to resolve this with the store that he purchased them from? He said he purchased them from the Coverse store in SoHo. Take them back and see what they would do. Kinda hard to brush you off if you are there in person

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

I did think about that, but IMO, it’s a Converse problem, not a store problem. I don’t think the store can be held responsible for the quality of the product Converse makes. The store could have been great and given him a new pair, but that would be a hit against the store and not against Converse.

18. JAlfaro87 says:

From the Converse website, “Return Policy

We hope that you will be completely satisfied with your order. If for any reason you’re not, we will gladly refund or exchange any unworn merchandise as long as you present a receipt with the original packaging in good condition within 30 days from the date you received it. Please be sure to check the fit and comfort of your purchase before wearing.”

This was the second pair the OP had a problem with… give me a break.

• Tim says:

The 2nd pair had completely different soles than the 1st. So while the first wore out in the heel, the 2nd came unglued at the toe. Also, each of these happened within 6 months, so not 30 days, and didn’t keep my receipt+original box.

• Sorta Kinda Lucky Soul says:

And how do you know you have a problem with something if it’s unworn? Catch-22 locked and loaded!

• JAlfaro87 says:

The only thing they are guaranteeing is fit and comfort. Wearing around the house should answer that question. The OP has no issue with fir or comfort. Catch-22. diverted.

Logic=Win

19. mstyle183 says:

I had the same issue with some steve Madden shoes.. after bugging them for a while they offered a coupon for a 10 dollar coupon.. i told them sto stick it.. and i decided to publicly shame them in this website http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-fix-your-semi-expensive-Steve-Madden-Shoes-/

this solution might work for that guy also

20. Tim says:

Hey everyone, I’m the OP. While it’s fun to read some of the anger being thrown my way, I should at least note that I work at home, and barely even get outside most days, much less walk miles and miles. And while I agree this is very much a “first world problem” for my expensive shoes, the point of all this was to put a spotlight on the bouncing around from Customer Service.

I didn’t expect much when I sent the original email, but a complete lack of help or acknowledgment has amplified this to a level that’s based more on principle now.

You may now resume the hate :)

21. Dagny Taggart says:

Um, Converse by John Varvatos?

In my estimation, about $40 was for the actual shoe, and $60 was to have a hoity-toity designer slap his name on it.

Since vanity labels do nothing to increase the durability of a shoe, the OP should have expected them to last about as long as a $40 pair of sneakers. Six months is about right if you are constantly wearing them in the elements.

Personally, I prefer the Converse by that esteemed fashion icon, Charles Taylor.

22. AirWolf says:

Wow, I am surprised by how many commenters have COMPLETELY missed the point.

-The shoes look beat-up because they FELL APART. Short of training for a marathon, NO AMOUNT of walking in 6 months should cause the sole to detach.
    -Yes, he could have called. Granted. But what kind of company bounces emails back and forth across 4 different addresses? Seriously?
    -The ONLY time Converse replied was after a nasty tweet. They’re not concerned with customer satisfaction, only public image.

23. NotEd says:

Honestly they just look like Chucks with a leather body instead of canvas. The soles look no different than the ones I wore in high school and college before they started to kill my feet with their lack of proper arch support.
    Even then I had the soles wear thru or fall apart, depending on the ammount of use they got. Shoe Goo or a similar product used to be essential to put ‘em back together again to last until I could buy another pair.
    As fo the complaint that the sole failing apart made them Impossible to Wear in the rain, wouldn’t the little holes on the side of the shoe do that as well. I know I swapped out my Chucks for another shoe most of the time it rained our snowed just because of those little vent holes on the side of each. If you didn’t the inside of the shoe would deteriorate and cause the inner sole to fall apart, which would screw up the whole shoe anyways.

• Outrun1986 says:

Converse are actually good for the rain because the rubber part around the sole keeps it off your feet while other shoes don’t have that feature, the rain can soak right through. I find that the rain almost never hits the canvas part. I can walk through puddles in them and not get my feet wet but my family members who wear other shoes get their feet wet. The only problem is I can’t wear the all stars anymore because my feet are much too wide for them, I have tried and I just can’t wear them and that is the only kind of converse that seem to be available in retail stores. Also I am not buying that Target crap, those aren’t real converse.

24. nauip says:

I hate to promote a company as much as anyone else, but it’s hard to deny – Zappos is doing something right. A no questions asked free shipping warranty on all shoes they sell. Let them deal with Converse returns dept (if one exists).

25. Luck says:

The outside may be leather, but it’s the same old rubber soles. I’ve worn Chuck Taylor’s, almost exclusively, for over 20 years, this is just how they are. He should have done his research.

26. Outrun1986 says:

I have several pairs of Converse, I only wear the converse volitant because its the only one that fits me and well, its basically the only shoe I can wear right now because of my foot problems.These shoes are discontinued and you cannot buy them anymore but I can wear a pair for a year or 2 before they even start to break down. I have several pairs in storage waiting for use. The ones I am wearing on my feet right now I only wear them in the house and they are in terrible condition but they have seen some serious miles and I can still walk in them even though the sole at one part has completely separated from the shoe and the heel part is very torn up, BUT keep in mind this is after like 4 years of use so I would expect this type of wear especially on sneakers that cost like… $23.

27. El_Fez says:

I’m not shocked. Converse haven’t been worth a damn since Nike bought them. My converse wont last 5 months now.

28. shoeburn says:

He thinks that they are two separate problems, but I see them as the exact same problem. The construction/design of the shoe is very poor for the sole, if you’re looking for a long lasting shoe. If you’re looking for a shoe that’s just going to be a fashion statement and you’re not going to be wearing through (which this guy obviously did), this is not the shoe that you should pick. If you’re going to be spending what’s to you a lot of money, you should be educated on what you’re BUYING, not educated on how best to get customer service to respond to you when you discover just how bad a purchase you made.

The thickness of the sole looks to be really bad, maybe 1/8″. Yikes. If you want to test the thickness of the sole, knock on it with your other hand inside the shoe. It will let you hear how dense and thick the rubber/composite is if you can’t feel it.

Next off, if you want shoes that are going to last longer than 3 months, I would never, ever, ever buy shoes that depend on glue to hold the soles to the shoe. I mean, come on. If you are going to, the best ones that do have the soles as a larger piece that connect at a point almost at the side of the shoe (though you want to be careful that you can’t feel any hidden stitching if this is the case, because that can be uncomfortable after a while). When you have glue holding the sole on so close to where you’re treading away the rubber, ie treading away the glue, it’s going to fall apart quickly (especially if you’re wearing them in inclement weather). Shoes where the sole is sewn to the shoe are going to be more durable. Or, if you can get a shoe that’s all one solid piece (like Crocs!!), you won’t have to worry about the sole detaching.

Just because a shoe has leather upper or leather outer doesn’t make it’s a well constructed shoe. It can still be the cheapest made piece of crap ever. Don’t fall for that crap.

Be realistic about how you’re going to be wearing your shoes and how long they’re going to last. They don’t last forever. I saw a pair of shoes that were absolutely perfect for me–great construction, the most incredible leather ever, and the exact look that I wanted, but I decided not to get them. Why? Because I knew that in 6 months to 1 year, I was going to absolutely wear through those shoes, and for $165, it wasn’t worth it. (As an aside, yes, they definitely were great construction, I’m just rough on my shoes and like a particular style of shoe that tends not to last very long because of its structure.)

You wear shoes nearly every day of your life. Start paying attention to how your shoes wear. Your body and your wallet will thank you for it.

I don’t know what he wants Converse to “rectify.” They’re not going to start making better quality shoes. This type of shoe that he likes isn’t going to become any better quality, and it’s not going to become any cheaper, because it’s a limited addition fashion collaboration.

29. 420gabriel says:

I bought a pair of shoes from Converse.com about 2 years ago, using the custom design thing they have. Love the shoes, and they have been very durable. Worn virtually every day and they still look better than those even after 2 years. The heel problem is because he is shuffling his feet like a zombie instead of walking like a person. Any shoe will do that if you walk like that.

When I got my shoes there was an error made. Nothing major, a stripe was white that I had ordered black. I contacted converse through the website and they immediately got back to me. Offered me a pretty big discount on another pair. Which I havnt used because the original pair has been so durable.

30. Plasmafox says:

Try not wearing hideously marked up hipster clown shoes from china.

31. jhgolfers says:

Even though Converse made these shoes they still aren’t going to take anyone that purchased them serious.

32. Timmah says:

I’ve gotten 10.00 shoes from Walmart that have lasted years. I wouldn’t ever pay anywhere near 100.00 for a pair of shoes.

• NanoDog says:

Congratulations? or Condolences? are in order, not quite sure which….
      I’ve got shoes that I paid $150 for 12 years ago.. 3 soles later they are still going.