Pizza Hut Malaysia Says All You Need To Get A Marriage Proposal Is Squirty-Crust Pizza

pizzahutsplode

(Pizza Hut Malaysia)

Oh, Pizza Hut Malaysia. Would that you existed in the United States, and then we could enter this very special one-two-punch ad campaign of yours in our Worst Ad In America contest. That’s not meant to be, but we can still take a look at your odd advertising tactics for the seemingly innocent Super Pan Pizza, the food that will totally coincide with a lady getting an offer of marriage.

We say seemingly innocent, because one glance at the gush of “cheese and garlic napoli” sauce flying with great force from the crust of the pizza in the still ad is terrifying. It’s got to be hot, and it’s going to hurt when it comes into contact with your skin.

But then there’s the romantic side of this horrifying pizza. Ah yes, here we have a tableau just waiting for love to show up and offer a ring. A woman eating Super Pan Pizza is just so happy biting into her oozing crust, nothing could be better… unless her beau decides to put a ring on it, in which case she can show all her Pizza Pals. Thanks for the lifetime of pizza-eating happiness together that will surely occur now, Pizza Hut!

Unlike some other foreign Pizza Hut offerings that we’d jump at the chance to try, well, this one would definitely be a pass. Molten cheese and sauce flying every which way is just too scary.

*Thanks for the tip, Andrew!

Pizza Hut Malaysia Super Pan Pizza Looks Rather Unappetizing [Huffington Post]

Comments

1. axhandler1 says:

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

• SilentAgenger says:

…somewhat coincidentally, that crust is throwing up out of it’s mouth a lot!

• Velvet Jones says:

One of the first places I ate at in when I was in China was a Pizza Hut, thinking it would be slightly American. Not a chance. Menu was completely bizarre, with only one normal pizza item buried in the menu. The rest were extremely strange dishes, some far worse than the thing above. The drinks were also weird. Nothing like a green bean slushy with ginger.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

While I would normally not go to a chain when visiting someplace, because why eat American food if I’m traveling, it can be interesting abroad. Also, street food. If it didn’t kill Andrew Zimmern, it probably won’t kill me.

• Velvet Jones says:

I ate there mainly because I had been traveling for 30+ hours and it was attached to my hotel. I actually ended up eating there twice in the month I was there. The first time I ordered this dish that was some sort of grilled chicken with rice and cheese. It was awful, the chicken was like rubber and the rice was undercooked. The second time I ordered the pizza, which was actually quite good. Better then normal American Pizza Hut.

One thing odd in China. The tap water is not potable, and they know it. Even the locals don’t drink it with out boiling it first. So bottle water is everywhere and cheap. Also, you can actually order drinks in restaurants, as the ice is made with either bottled or heavily filter water. Some of the cleanest ice I had every seen, usually completely crystal clear. I would not try the same thing in Mexico or parts of South America, or even parts of the US.

2. GreatWhiteNorth says:

Too funny.

3. Fubish says: I don't know anything about it, but it seems to me... says:

Ick. Grotesque.

4. Hi_Hello says:

most sloppy food tends to be very delicious but not good for you. I would give this a try.

• PSUSkier says:

Agreed. For me though the “cheddar sauces” tend to be one of those sloppy things that is also bad for you while managing to taste generally terrible. This is one I’d definitely have to pass on.

5. cactus jack says:

Malaysia pizza delivery places tend to have a lot of saucy things like this.

Dominos has a double decker thin crust which is a liquidy cheese on the bottom deck. There was an option for ranch or blue cheese as well if I remember correctly. Ugh.
    Pizza Hut has a chicken sausage bite pizza (like those terrible cheese bites we get here) with ketchup already in the “bite.” Each will include packets of sambal if asked.

If you guys ever end up in KL or wherever, try the chicken Marsala from Pizza Hut. It’s the greatest pizza combo ever.

• axhandler1 says:

There’s a local place near me that does chicken marsala pizza, and it’s absolutely delicious.

• tofupuppy says:

I have to say that Malaysia has some of the worst food I’ve ever eaten. They have so much “Western” food that is severely lacking. I would have preferred to eat Malay when I was there but it was hard to find! (At least at Pantai Cenang on Langkawi.)

6. Bagels says:

JERRY: Why are the crepes spraying?

KRAMER: (looks over at the three guys) The Dominicans are rolling them too
    tight

7. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Out of curiosity, is it Malaysian custom to propose by giving your significant other a diamond ring?

That custom is mostly U.S. and western Europe.

• cactus jack says:

Malays are pretty western when it comes to stuff like that as well as their own Chinese/Malay/Indian customs. Many Indonesians also use a ring.

8. Applekid says:

I can’t watch the video, but if I point out a squirty pizza and wink at a hypothetical girlfriend and she winks back, she’s probably a keeper.

9. ferozadh says:

Jewelry Face!

10. chiieddy says:

To put this in perspective, I know Pizza Hut is considered a high end date location in many Asian cultures (specifically, I know in China).

11. some.nerd says:

WTF, mate?
    That oozing sauce looked like an unfathomably horrible bowel movement…

12. Hayati, the wobbly says:

That never happens on my first date with pizzas.

13. Fubish says: I don't know anything about it, but it seems to me... says:

“Burst of cheese and tangy sauce…” all over the table and your date.

14. 6T9 says:

I love it and want it, but ya, it’s a law suit waiting to happen.

15. AtlantaCPA says:

“Thanks for the tip, Andrew!” Woo Hoo, my first successful tip! (I think)