There Are More Christmas Decorations For Sale At This Dollar Tree Than Halloween Items

Christmas Creep strikes again, more than four months out from the holiday itself. And this time, it’s maw is gaping so wide, it seems to have swallowed up other upcoming holidays almost completely. Alexander spotted this display at his local Dollar Tree in Michigan earlier this week, noting: “Funny enough, they already had more Christmas decorations for sale than Halloween.  Christmas Creep man… crazy…”

Crazy, indeed, Alexander.

You never know when you’re going to run into an unseasonal blitz of Noel cheer, so why not be prepared for that eventuality? Click here to view, save and print our convenient Consumerist Christmas Creeper guy, and include him in the photo the next time you snap a pic of holiday creep with a spot to fill in your own anger level.

Send in your creep evidence to tips@consumerist.com or via our free Tipster app, and make sure to explain where and when you witnessed it.

Only 129 more shopping days before Christmas, everyone.

Comments

1. my2k2zx2 says:

Didnt have a camera but I saw Hobby Lobby had their stuff up 2 weeks ago.

2. That guy. says:

Do they just put the stuff that doesn’t sell from last season in the back room? Or do they actually get shipped this stuff in August?

Also….this is the FIRST TIME I could log in since the password thing. Dunno why, but my work computer didn’t like the idea.

• redskull says:

That photo looks exactly the same as the shelves at my local Dollar Tree, so I’m thinking it’s all brand new stuff that’s sent out company wide.

• alana0j says:

Yep. The Dollar Tree here has the same display. I actually noticed it a while back…didn’t think to send in a picture. I’m at the Dollar Tree at least once a week….LOVE that place!

3. Starfury says:

Halloween isn’t promoted like it used to be since we don’t want to offend any of the various religious groups that exist. It used to be a fun holiday at school and going out to get tons of candy…now it’s “harvest festival” at the schools.

• ChuckECheese says:

Harvest Festival makes it sound nearly pagan. Let the sacrifice begin!

• dolemite says:

Halloween has always been my favorite. There was something about going out in the cool fall air with all the rumors from school and leaves rustling. You half expected a werewolf to jump out and eat your mom at any moment. The costumes, the old movies on TV. Christmas….rather boring. “Let’s go to your uncle’s house and eat turkey and sit around in our sweaters in the 79 degree heated house and…sweat….and talk.” Lots and lots of pain to endure just for a few gifts, and it never ever varied.

• agold says:

Not true, there is always tons of Halloween stuff at DT

4. Dagny Taggart says:

Um, why does anyone care about this? Is the store taking stuff you want to buy off of the shelves to make room for these items? If so, shop somehere else. If not, what’s the big deal?

5. Golfer Bob says:

What’s the problem here? If you only knew how hard it is to find Menorah candles in my small southern town. I would love to stock up early. I wish retailers would pay attention to my needs.

6. TBGBoodler says:

The Dollar Tree near me has a year-round Christmas section.

7. cybrczch says:

End of July I was on vacation in Texas, browsing around the city I went into a glass/curio/knick-knack shop. The employees behind the counter were unpacking crafted Santas. Talking to them, they said that Christmas is basically a 10 month job for their business. January and February placing orders, March and April they can relax, then the inventory starts to arrive from May on.

8. chbrules says:

My g/f’s dad is the CIO of dollar tree. I will actually ask about some of these questions. I find it hilarious that stores are already putting up xmas stuff.

9. Razor512 says:

Christmas comes before Halloween… I thought everyone knew that :)