Guess What? 911 Doesn’t Want To Hear About Your Unsatisfactory Experience At Skyline Chili

How many times do we have to say it? People, 911 is not your personal complaint line, whether it’s a call about a sub-par sandwich or the service you received at your local Skyline Chili. Cops say one Cincinnati man got a bit tipsy and called 911 about 10 times after an unsatisfactory experience at the restaurant.

The man is now facing a criminal charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct, says KYPost.com, after a late night string of calls to 911. According to police, the 20-year-old was drunk when he made 10 calls to 911 dispatchers from his apartment on Tuesday night.

He allegedly made several police officers come over to his apartment in response to his calls, which took those cops away from other, likely more important calls.

There’s no indication in the court paperwork about what it was that irked the man about his service at Skyline. He pleaded not guilty to the charges and will be back in court July 12.

Man allegedly calls 911 dispatchers repeatedly about Skyline Chili service [KYPost.com]

Comments

1. nybiker says:

I’m trying and failing to make a joke out of KYPost. News & Lube in Kentucky, maybe? I’ve got nothing.

2. CanadianDominic says:

The legal age to drink alcohol in the state of Kentucky is 21.

I wonder if he’ll get additional charges for that as well?

• Lyn Torden says:

Last time I was in the area, Cincinnati was still in Ohio. But then, that was several years ago.

• Duffin (Ain't This Kitty Cute?) says:

Well, considering our airport is in Kentucky, the city might as well be, too. :)

• AngryK9 says:

Which is an amusing to me.

It was originally called “The Greater Cincinnati Airport” but is not located in Cincinnati. Eventually it started serving international destinations, and finally, many years ago, the name was changed to “The Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport”.

The airport is operated by The Kenton County Airport Board, which is also amusing because it is located in Boone County.

When I used to work for Comair, many a passenger stood looking completely dumbfounded when they said “We’re in Cincinnati, Ohio!” and someone said, “No, we’re Hebron Kentucky.”

And yes, I work at CVG.

• Duffin (Ain't This Kitty Cute?) says:

Yup! That’s why I go to Dayon. I don’t wanna go to no Kentucky! :P

• CanadianDominic says:

Whoops, I saw the KY and drew a silly conclusion.

Well, Ohio drinking age appears to be the same.

• RandomLetters says:

The Ohio River forms the border between Ohio and Kentucky. Since Cincinnati sits on the river it’s not inconceivable that part of it is in Kentucky or a suburb served by the Cincinnati police could be. In which case you’d be right.

• AngryK9 says:

Cincinnati is Cincinnati. Kentucky is Kentucky. Covington, Newport, Ludlow, Bromley, and Dayton are on the Kentucky side. Cincinnati is on the Ohio side. No part of Cincinnati is in Kentucky. However, the entire area of Northern Kentucky from Crittenden to Covington (including Erlanger, Elsemere, Florence, Fort Wright, etc,) and parts of Cincinnati from Lockland on down to the river (including Norwood, Bond Hill, Pleasant Ridge, Avondale, etc) are often referred to as the “Greater Cincinnati area”, so that may be what confuses people.

3. Lisa W says:

This kid is sharp….calling the cops for something foolish while drinking under age. I’m going to take a stab in the dark and bet he drinks and drives too.

4. Duffin (Ain't This Kitty Cute?) says:

I am ashamed to live in this city sometimes…by Skyline Chili is still good.

• ahecht says:

I’ve driven through Cincinnati, and Skyline was by far the best part. America’s Test Kitchen has a copycat chili recipe which is a fairly good facsimile.

• Duffin (Ain't This Kitty Cute?) says:

Yeah, i remember the first time my dad took us to Gold Star Chili after we moved to Cincinnati. I couldn’t wrap my head around it. I was like, “It’s..chili, but it has…noodles?” And then I tried eating it like spaghetti and he was like, “No no no…you have to cut it with your fork”. My head exploded.

• rugman11 says:

So long as you know what it is going in. The first time my in-laws served it to me I about threw up because I was expecting chili with noodles. Tell me it’s Greek Spaghetti and I can eat it just fine.

• AngryK9 says:

Noway! It’s Goldstar all the way! :D tee hee (Actually, I like them both)

• Duffin (Ain't This Kitty Cute?) says:

Haha, I never got into that war. They both taste the same to me, really. I do like the burritos at Skyline, though.

• Tegan says:

Man, there’s nothing like Skyline at 4 AM. Once there was a guy flashing everyone in the Skyline on Ludlow in Clifton, including a family with small children, with a cop sitting on the other side of the restaurant. Another time we saw Jerry Springer in the same restaurant, it was fun.

5. Bladerunner says:

He pled not guilty?!

Why am I getting flashes of the Twinkie defense?

6. dush says:

If I was given a sanwich I’d definitely complain that it was sub-par. It’s not a full sandwich!

7. taaurrus says:

What’s a “sanwich”? Proofread? Spellcheck? Maybe? Just once? To surprise us?

8. Oranges w/ Cheese says:

Idiocracy, closer and closer with every one of these stories :(

9. Delicious Spam is delicious says:

mmmm skyline chili

10. freeclu says:

Just used the cheaper $1.00 blades and I like them much better than the more expensive $6.00 blades.

I’m sold.

11. makoto says:

I could have told him skyline chilli sucks without him having to even have eaten it!

12. magadorspartacus says:

It’s a little confusing that this post is linked to a story in the KY Post, although there are Skylines in Northern Kentucky. I looked it up on the Enquirer site and the guy lives in Clifton. The Hamilton County court records say that multiple officers were sent to his house. I’m guessing it was the restaurant on Ludlow which IMHO is the best Skyline in the city.