Banned McDonald’s Customer: I Didn’t Even Hit Employee With The Chicken Sandwich I Threw At Her

We’ve certainly read our fair share of stories about impromptu food fights brought on by angry customers and/or irritable employees, but usually the parties involved are somewhat contrite afterward. However, one woman in Ohio is outraged that she was banned from her area McDonald’s eateries after she tossed her sandwich at a store staffer.

The incident occurred last week at a drive-thru window in Chillicothe, Ohio, when the customer got upset about the quality of a chicken sandwich.

It was supposed to have been grilled (she got a fried one) and rather than the bacon and cheese that had been ordered, she tells WBNS-TV, “It had a dab of mayonnaise on it, rotten lettuce.”

Then she claims she was treated rudely by the employee, who took back the sandwich and subsequently gave her one with the proper condiments but still with fried chicken.

“I threw the sandwich back at her through the drive-thru window and I demanded a refund,” says the customer, who apparently thought it was a good idea to go on her local news station to give her side of the this story. “She would have never gotten the sandwich thrown at her if she would have just been polite about the matter.”

The McDonald’s workers contacted the police. In the end, no charges were pressed, but the customer was barred from entering any McDonald’s in the area.

“I threw a sandwich and it didn’t even hit the worker,” Corey said. “Why would I be banned from McDonald’s? It’s wrong.”

We don’t know what this woman does for a living, but we’re pretty sure she wouldn’t like having something she’d goofed on thrown at her by an angry customer.

Woman Banned From McDonald’s For Throwing Sandwich Through Drive-Thru Window [10tv.com]

Thanks to David for the tip!

Comments

1. eldergias says:

“Why am I banned? Yes, I assaulted her, but it wasn’t battery so it should be okay!”

2. lovemypets00 - You'll need to forgive me, my social filter has cracked. says:

She didn’t actually hit the employee with the sandwich, so in her mind, it’s OK? Um, no.

Lady, whether you know it or not, you did yourself a favor. Find somewhere else to eat that has more nutritional food. And quit throwing things at people! Geez!

• longfeltwant says:

That was my thought. If you were so upset by the service at McDonalds “restaurant” that you would throw food at an employee, then surely your outrage was enough to keep you out of McDonalds “restaurants” forever, right? Right? What, no?

Aside: the changes to Consumerist comments are minor but positive. Well done, Consumerist. I’ll put another nickel in your hat soon.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

I agree, with both your sentiments. I like very much when people aren’t assholes, and also that I don’t have to scroll up and down all the time. :)

• alana0j says:

I never did understand when someone gets so angry at their food being made improperly, then continuing to frequent the establishment that messed it up. I’d rather just (sorry for the cliche comment) make my own chicken sandwiches at home.

3. Blueskylaw says:

If I knew I was going to be on television, I would probably
    have worn something more befitting of a television appearance.

• longfeltwant says:

LOL. She has less class than an evolutionary biology professor at the Discovery Institute.

• Taylor Rolyat says:

Then again, how else would you expect the type of person who gets banned from a fast food drive through to dress? Not much dignity going into the game…

• Blueskylaw says:

The least she could have done is gone to JC Penney and got
        some new clothes, then returned them after the television interview.

• Colt Cooper says:

Except the clothes would have been wrong and she would have ended up getting thrown out of the JC Pennys for hucking a wadded up pair of pants in the direction of the sales associate.

4. doctor_cos wants you to remain calm says:

You are Ignorant and have no social skills. We’re done here. I guarantee no sympathy from the subsequent commenting public.

5. AngryK9 says:

Lady, only little children in the midst of temper tantrums throw things. Think about how you would react if someone’s child threw her cop of juice at you (but missed you) because you didn’t prepare it just the way she likes?

Seriously lady, grow up. Every action has a consequence, good or bad. That’s called reality. Deal with it.

6. Coffee says:

The reporter’s fake news accent: I’m lovin’ it.

• Taylor Rolyat says:

I think he uses it as a defense mechanism against the slight damage to his soul required to take this woman seriously

7. RayanneGraff says:

How the hell was this woman raised that she sees nothing wrong with throwing foodstuffs at a total stranger? SMH

8. sparc says:

Will she say the same thing when she pulls out her gun and happens to miss the drive through employee?

9. blogger X says:

Well…I am glad they’ve brought back the McBites :)

• KB says:

I work at a McDonald’s. Let me just tell you what an incredible pain in the ass the bites are.

“Your spicy bites, are those hot?”
      “Ma’am. I just…go to Burger King.”

10. dolemite says:

So she’s banned from “entering” any McDonald’s. I guess she’ll be throwing sandwiches through the drive-thru again in the future.

11. Applekid says:

Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that? Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry? Do they?

12. There's room to move as a fry cook says:

For some people being banned from McDonalds is like the worst punishment ever.

13. StatusfriedCrustomer says:

“Why would I be banned from McDonald’s? It’s wrong. They’re ruining my dreams. I just want to be Tinker Bell.”

14. [censored] says:

Okay, lets see someone try to blame the OP THIS time.

15. offtopic says:

Seems like she has been watching too much Jerry Springer

• Princess Beech loves a warm cup of treason every morning says:

It’s been one week since we got to see
      Cheatin’ lovers and cousins that marry
      Five days since they had the show
      With the hermaphrodite, the slut, and the crack ho
      Three days since we heard the tale
      About the guy who learned his woman was a she-male
      Yesterday it occurred to me
      That I’ve been watchin’ a bit too much Jerry Springer…

[courtesy of Weird Al]

16. BilliamJ says:

Her comments on the TV stations website are just as good

17. Nyxalinth says:

the probably isn’t that you threw a sandwich, lady. The problem is that you are a bitch, which is what caused you to throw it.

• StarKillerX says:

Yeah, I loved the “well I wouldn’t have thrown the sandwich is they were polite…… ”

Now if didn’t talk to the employee so we don’t know if they are a bitch or not, but we do know that this woman is definately one so I have to assume this woman was far from polite before the she threw the sandwich.

18. RayanneGraff says:

Everyone should go look at the 10tv website. This white trash idiot has created several commenting accounts so she can defend herself, and she’s even going as far as having her various personas agreeing with each other. My god this is so sad xD

19. Hawkeye says:

It must be wonderful to go through life never thinking you’re wrong and believing you’re immune from any sort of punishment for your actions.

20. jacobs cows says:

How many times does it take to get an order right? The employee should have been fired for incompetence.

• mrscoach says:

I’ll lay odds that she ordered it wrong. That happens a LOT. “I didn’t want it breaded”, “You said crispy”, “Yes, but I didn’t want breading”, “That would mean you want it grilled” or “I didn’t want cheese on my cheeseburger, I didn’t know it would be on there” *facepalm*

And the person in the window handing you your food probably didn’t bag up the food and a quick glance will only let them know what containers are in the bag. they don’t know how the items are prepared. Don’t blame the front window person if something is wrong.

• dpeters11 says:

It’s not always easy to understand the employee through that speaker. I’m sure it goes the other way as well. And right, the person handing you the bag is not necessarily the one that packed it.

• Kuri says:

I think the employee deserves a break since this, person, acted like a jackass.

21. frodolives35 says:

Why am I picturing Michael Douglas in Falling Down. “See SEE this is what I am talking about Look at the picture this looks nothing like the picture”

22. misterfweem says:

Anyone who says “samwich” deserves to be banned.

23. Mongo says:

“why do bad things happen to mmmeeeee????? oh, yeah, I’m a tw@t.

24. Talmonis says:

The best incident such as this ever was with a friend of mine at McDonalds around 1999. I was chilling eating my lunch, when some woman decided she didn’t like how her big mac was prepared (inside the store mind) and started having a coniption fit about it. She then decided to throw it (in it’s box) at my friend. He then (damn near slow motion mind you) punched the container in mid-air, causing the contents of the box to then explode, covering the woman in shredded lettuce, sauce & pickles. His expression of “meh” did not change throughout the entire exchange. “Miss. I’d ask you to not throw things at people while in our store. Thank you.” The manager threw her out a few minutes later, as she was going rabid and spitting curses at anyone in range.

25. mopman64 says:

Just walk it off and go get yourself another tat. White trash.

• TheCorporateGeek Says Common Sense Is The Key says:

And why does having tat’s or being white trash have anything to do with it? The person fucked up their order more than once and didn’t give a shit…….but that’s ok???

And since you went that route? Does your name imply you’re a lowly piece of shit janitor?

Move on, you don’t have the brains to comment here.

• RayanneGraff says:

Whoa there, leave the tats out of it. She’s definitely white trash, but I have tats & I would never in a million years behave like that.

26. TheCorporateGeek Says Common Sense Is The Key says:

I’d have thrown it at her too. There’s only so much stupidity and rudeness people can take. You’ve got one job at restaurants…..get the fucking food right. I have no tolerance for idiots who can’t even understand or comply with simple instructions.

Personally, the employee should be fired.

Assault is if she would have gotten out of her car and beat the bitch.

• StarKillerX says:

So when you pull up to the drive thru with your “winning” personality should the people working there be able to toss a milkshake in your lap if they think you’ve acted like a douche?

• AtlantaCPA says:

“Assault is if she would have gotten out of her car and beat the bitch.” – Actually that would be Battery. You are hereby banned from posting comments to all area Consumerist articles.

• dks64 says:

There is NO excuse for throwing food at employees. Grow up.

• Nyxalinth says:

Not sure if trolling…or rude jerk.

Both.

• JulesNoctambule says:

So, how many businesses in your area have banned you so far?

27. mrbucket says:

They !@#$ you at the drive-thru, okay? They !@#$ you at the drive-thru! They know you’re gonna be miles away before you find out you got !@#$%^! They know you’re not gonna turn around and go back, they don’t care. So who gets !@#$%^? Ol’ Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don’t give a !@#$! I’m not eating this tuna, okay?

28. AtlantaCPA says:

Am I a bad person that before I watched the video I had a totally different picture in my head of what she looked like? I imagined an obese troll.

29. Actionable Mango says:

I didn’t even kill anyone with that pipe bomb that I tried to kill them with, so it shouldn’t count!

30. icerabbit says:

Oh please. Grilled/… mistakes happen. Yes, the extras were missing, so Mc Donald’s is at fault there but that’s no reason to get into a food fight.

It is very simple: any instances where merchandise is not acceptable or something is missing and employees are not helpful, keep your calm, just pull ahead two car lengths (allowing the rest of the queue to move forward and get warm food) into the waiting aread (one local outfit has two reserved spots for mishaps or extra-special orders I figure). Anyway, pull over or park and go inside, politely ask for the manager and it’ll get resolved asap.

I recall one instance where the price at the register was different than what was on the board outside. Absolutely impossible according to three staffers that then got together at the register, the computer says it is x, we checked the board inside the store and it also reads x, not y. I just paid the inflated price, parked, calmly walked into the store, explained the situation, manager verified the outside sign, said I was correct, refunded me the difference and was very apologetic. Sure it took a few extra minutes, but it was resolved.

No need to get all hysterical, yelling, screaming, throwing samwiches etc.
    it is not the end of the world.
    It is just a few dollar sandwich.
    They’ll make you another one.