Free Sample Contractor Arrested Following Fight In Crowded Walmart

You could cut the tension between two women, both working for a contractor hired to hand out free samples in Walmart, with a knife. All you’d need is a cutting board, which also happens to be the item at the center of a fight that ended with one woman in a fruit display and the other being arrested.

Atlanta’s Channel 2 has the video footage of the argument, in which one of the women approaches the other woman’s sample stand and appears to walk away with that woman’s cutting board after an argument.

That’s when things boiled over and the fight ensued.

“In this case the suspect lost her temper in the crowded Walmart and took it out on the person she was angry with,” a police department rep explains.

After pushing the woman into the fruit, a Walmart employee attempts to help the defeated woman while the other returns to her stand.

That didn’t last long, as she was soon arrested for simple battery.

“It is unacceptable. You hope that someone can control their temper a little bit better,” said the woman who was on the receiving end of the bad temper.

Walmart contractors get in fight over cutting board [WSBTV.com]

Comments

1. [censored] says:

Samples is srs business.

2. Fubish says: I don't know anything about it, but it seems to me... says:

“…hand out free samples in Walmart, with a knife. “

Well, there you go, now.

3. PunditGuy says:

Fruit aisle for life, homey — for life!

/pours out orange juice for fallen comrades

4. HomerSimpson says:

“Thank you for shopping your friendly (insert town here) Walmart!”

5. s25843 says:

I’ve never seen free samples at any of the three Wal Mart’s I frequent (Salem, NH Hallandale Beach FL,, or Orlando FL) not fair!

• raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

Some places only offer samples on particular days or particular hours, hoping to draw a specific audience. For example, “Sunday between 10 and 2.”

I try to avoid Costco’s peak sampling hours because they just cause traffic jams–I don’t want the ever-popular pizza bites that have been cut in half, I just want to get through this aisle!

6. cruiseyone says:

Your first sentence should have read:

“You could cut the tension between the two women with a knife, both worked for the same contractor and were hired to hand out free samples in Walmart.

As it’s written, it’s grammatically incorrect.

• blueman says:

The only thing worse than a grammar Nazi is an incompetent grammar Nazi. Their sentence is not grammatically incorrect. In fact, it’s better than yours, which is a classic example of a run-on sentence.

7. dolemite says:

The victim stole the perp’s cutting board. You can’t expect no retribution!

8. framitz says:

The thought of samples in Walmart grosses me out.

9. eezy-peezy says:

Misplaced modifier.

10. Pagan wants a +1 button says:

I love the part where the one who shoved the other tried to claim ignorance about the whole altercation. Like she’s forgotten all those pesky security cameras exist.

11. gman863 says:

I generally avoid free samples unless it’s the wine tasting offered at H-E-B and Sam’s Club on Saturdays.

12. lovemypets00 - You'll need to forgive me, my social filter has cracked. says:

And this is why I hate going to WalMart. At least at the local grocery chain, I don’t have to worry about crap like this.

13. RenegadePlatypus says:

The “samples contractors” are picked from the same pool of people who are paid to go out and register voters or get people to sign petitions, or work in debt collection offices. There is a reason nobody wants to hire these people, and it’s all about behavior and culture, not skin color.