Not The Best Idea To Gamble That $1.5 Million You Got Due To Bank Of America’s Error

We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again — there’s no such thing as free money. And if you do find yourself in the possession of millions of dollars in cash because your bank messed up, don’t take that dough and gamble it all away. It’s not going to end well.

A retired General Motors worker in Michigan used an ATM at a Detroit casino and found out that it would not only give him unlimited withdrawals, but would spit out whatever amount he entered, even though he only had a few hundred dollars in his Bank of America account.

So of course, he went hog wild, visiting multiple casinos and taking out huge amounts of cash and then gambling with it. When he’d lose all the money he gambled, he just returned to an ATM and pulled out more, reports Local10.com.

By the time Bank of America got wise to these shenanigans, he’d spent 15 days taking out a grand total of $1.5 million — and subsequently gambled every last penny away.

It’s now up to a federal judge to decide what to do with the man. Prosecutors are suggesting 15 months in jail because although the man had a “lapse of judgment,” the bank was at fault for letting the whole thing happen in the first place.

Bank error gives man unlimited ATM withdrawals at Detroit casinos [Local10.com]

Comments

1. aaron8301 says:

So is it OK to blame the OP here?

• vnlindstrom says:

Yes…although the bank did allow him to take out $1.5 million at $10,000 or $20,000 each time. One would think that several dozen huge withdrawals on an overdrawn account would have piqued their interest in less time than two weeks, but yes, the OP is at fault.

• Speedstr says:

I disagree. (to a point) Indeed, the guy is at fault for taking money he knew he shouldn’t have access to, the amount he able to withdraw over the period of time shold have been limited. Banks such as BoA have alerts and ceilings in place to be aware of such occurances, such as

1) not being able to withdraw over a certain amount from an ATM over a 24-hour perioid
        2)Being alerted when making a withdraw of over 10K in cash (banks have to send a form to the fed gov.
        3)Such patterns of withdraws would show an immediate flag for fraud. Surprising that the bank waited 15 days to take action.

So yes, the guy knew he shouldnt have taken this “new found money”, but being that the bank allowed such stuff to happen, when there were supposed to be systems in place not just to prevent it, but to not allow it to be abused so carelessly.

Kinda reminds me of a story about some bank allowing people to get loans to buy houses they could never afford, despite there being systems in place not allowing that to happen….

• Clyde Barrow says:

@speedstr;

“I disagree. (to a point) Indeed, the guy is at fault for taking money he knew he shouldn’t have access to, the amount he able to withdraw over the period of time shold have been limited. Banks such as BoA have alerts and ceilings in place to be aware of such occurances.”
          _________________________

You should run for mayor of Detroit in the next election. We could use someone like you.

• Blueskylaw says:

No. It’s obvious no casino has $1,500,000 in cash let alone the entire city of Detroit.
      This is clearly a clever scam by Bunk of America to take his house away from him.

• Megalomania says:

it feels safe to say that the man is a compulsive gambler, given that he managed to piss away $100,000 a day for weeks, and had only a couple hundred dollars to his name. I’m not going to say he’s a “victim” in this, but there’s absolutely no point in putting him in jail for any defensible purpose (you could make the argument that it will “make a point”, but I guarantee you no one who goes on a joyride with a bank error will possibly notice whatever sentence he gets); the crime occurred solely because the bank put him in that position, and assuming they get their shit together, that’s not going to happen again (and if it happens twice, fuck it, they don’t deserve to be in business, much less trusted with anyone else’s money), and I doubt he meets the standard for having any malicious intent in his actions.

• smo0 says:

MY ONLY problem with this story, is that the guy GAMBLED the money away.
      If I had money like that in the bank; bank error or not – I’d start getting cash out and putting it in safe deposit boxes, or hell, just withdraw it in the form of a cashier’s check and head to Switzerland. I can think of countless family members and friends I could help out with that money – not fucking gamble it away.

As a resident of Las Vegas, I’ve seen people do some horrid shit in casinos… this disgusts me more than I can say.

• SharpTenor says:

MAYBE- he only wants the bank to THINK he gambled it all away!!

• homehome says:

switzerland isn’t the safe haven it used to be, they regularly freeze, remove and give account information to the US and other countries now, so they’d probably sell you out lol. There’s some shady banks that would keep your money though, but you probably should just keep the money out of banks if you want to hide it.

• samjung23 says:

I thought losing $500 in Vegas was bad. This guy needs help. When an ATM is giving you this much money, you don’t gamble it all away, you buy things you need, lol. Then flee the country with your money!

• CommonSense(ಠ_ಠ) says:

I would think the Casino would pay back the bank.
      The ATM was in the casino.
      Gambling is a scam to take money from gullible people who get easily addicted.
      No one ever wins long term or casino’s would not exist.
      Its not like the guy bought a bunch of services and products. He basically handed 1.5 million to a casino with no service or product.
      The bank has no way to justify an expense to keep the 1.5 million in stolen funds that were handed to them.

• jimbo831 says:

“Gambling is a scam to take money from gullible people who get easily addicted.”

This isn’t true at all. A scam is quite dishonest. The odds for every game is easily available in any casino I have gone to. Gambling, like watching a movie, going to a sporting event, and other examples, is a form of entertainment. I happen to enjoy this particular form of entertainment. I don’t do it often (only a couple times in my life), and when I do, I have a budget that I have put aside for gambling. I am paying that money for the good time I am having trying to win more. Sometimes, you are lucky and don’t lose your gambling budget. Other times you do.

Calling it a scam is so far off. It is widely known (with the odds available in the casino) that gambling is a losing proposition. If you think otherwise, you are an idiot. Yes, people do have gambling problems. That isn’t my problem. Why should my good time be taken away because of other idiots who have no self control? They should get help. Every casino makes resources widely available for people who want help.

2. CrazyEyed says:

Step 1. With drawl money
    Step 2. Keep withdrawing money
    Step 3. Clear out all the BOA ATM’s in the area
    Step 4. Head to Mexico

• aaron8301 says:

I’m thinking a country that doesn’t extradite.

• crispyduck13 says:

It’s so simple, this guy is an idiot.

• ReverendLoki says:

“Step 1. With drawl money”

Lissen’ here, yall, this here A-T-M machine’s just kickin’ out hunnerds like a blind mule in a mousetrap factory. You youngin’s run tell Maw we can finally afford that tripple-wide she’s had her eyes on!

• CrazyEyed says:

Your the only one who noticed the play on words. You’d have to be one stupid redneck to realize 1.5 million doesn’t magically appear in your account.

Real question is, whad initially led him to think he could keep asking for money? Did he intentionally overdraw the account to see if he could make a cash payment on something? Did he accidentally hit the wrong number and it started spitting out 20’s?

Yee haw, gots me some extra money y’all

• Difdi says:

Then again, I’ve heard more than one story about people who didn’t realize they needed to pay back the money when using a credit card. So they use it until it hits the limit as if it were a gift card, apply for a new one, never pay off the old one, and scream about laws, their rights and the illegal actions of the credit card company when the bill arrives in the mail.

• incident_man says:

Step 4: Head to Costa Rica.

Costa Rica does not have an extradition treaty with the United States.

All kidding aside, though, both sides share the blame for this one. The bank SHOULD have known something was up by the sheer number and volume of withdrawals. The OP should have definitely known there’s nothing called “free money,” especially from Bunk of America.

Honestly, how can we expect all businesses to be honest and equitable when all citizens aren’t as well? We reap what we sow.

3. FatLynn says:

Am I the only one surprised that an ATM had that much cash in it? Even over two weeks, that means they put 100K in every day?

• tbax929 says:

It wouldn’t surprise me that a casino ATM would have that much money.

• CubeRat says:

Sure. When I was a teller at a small bank 20 years ago, our ATM typically held 100k. On weekends, we added two extra drawers of cash. I don’t remember how much that was, but my brain thinks it was 250k.

Now, considering this is a casino in a large city, from a large bank….ya, I bet it has a large capacity. Also, I believe now when an ATM runs out of money, it not only tells the ATM management, but it may will trigger an service call to get more cash into it.

I can’t read the article, but it sounds like this might not have been a BofA ATM, but a privately owned ATM. If owned by the casino, they would just take the cash that gamblers lose and fill up the ATM.

• crispyduck13 says:

A casino ATM is likely a very different animal that the one at the Quick-E-Mart.

• FatLynn says:

A casino is the only place I’ve seen ATM’s with only c-notes, but damn, that’s still a lot of money.

4. dolemite says:

“15 months in jail”. Nope. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Jail/prison is for rapists and murderers. It was designed to keep extremely dangerous people away from the population. A numbskull that basically “found” 1 million dollars due to a bank error? Hells no. House arrest/probation for 15 months along with whatever fines and penalties, maybe.

• tbax929 says:

I disagree. I’d like to see white-collar criminals punished more harshly. To paraphrase Wanda Sykes, I’ve never been mugged of my future. What those Wall Street banker crooks did was far worse for society than someone who killed someone. I should note that I also think muderers and rapists should be imprisoned. I’m just saying that we can’t downplay the impact of white collar crime.

• 401k says:

I would argue that killing someone is more literally robbing them of their future than actions that reduce their financial security in the future.

• homehome says:

You think only rapists and murderers do damage to ppl? What about Enron, you think they shouldn’t get jail time for ruining hundreds if not more families? They didn’t rape or murder anybody, let’s just give them a slap on the risk for ruining thousands of lives.

• dolemite says:

There are thousands of ways to punish people besides prison. This is 2012. We have the ability to monitor and control people 24/7. We can deduct from their paychecks. Ban internet access for life. Electronic surveillance. Force them to pay 90% restitution out of paychecks the rest of their lives.There are many many ways to punish someone for stealing money that would make them wish they were in prison. Locking them up simply guarantees they’ll never again be a productive member of society, while sponging off of taxpayers to the tune of 20-30k a year. The prison population in this country is absolutely ludicrous. We house more prisoners than any other country in the world, including regimes like Russia, China, Iran and North Korea. It’s because our solution to every little snafu or disturbance is to toss the person in prison. Then we want to complain about high taxes. The US has 5% of the world’s population, but roughly 25% of the world’s prisoners.

• crispyduck13 says:

To be fair I’m pretty certain the world doesn’t have accurate numbers on the prisoner population of Russia and North Korea.

• dolemite says:

Probably estimates, but the “Land of the Free” probably shouldn’t have almost 2x more people in prison than places like Russia, especially for minor things like smoking pot, sending spam emails, using a faulty atm, cheating on taxes, etc. It’s like the greedier we become as a society, the more we want people to be punished for even minor offenses. “I work hard for my money, and this guy thinks he can just steal from an atm? 50 years in prison, minimum!” Yet the perpetrators of the financial meltdown remain free, some of them still working their same jobs. It’s like we got so outraged at the injustice of not being able to touch those criminals, we want to take it out on someone that holds up the drivethru at McDonalds by giving them 20 years in prison.

• Talmonis says:

This also very much explains the desire to harm teachers and other union members with layoffs, pay cuts, etc. Some people are so utterly devoid of souls that they want everyone who was on the same level they were to be as miserable as they are now, while pretending that those at the top somehow got there legitimately through “hard work”. Laughable.

• crispyduck13 says:

Um, the Enron people specifically and deliberately schemed those people out of their pensions/401k’s. This idiot just kept hitting up the magic ATM that, through no fault or planning of his own, kept giving him massive amounts of money.

It’s like comparing apples and pickup trucks.

• homehome says:

And you think he did that accidentally? He knew what he was doing and he kept doing it. How can you keep withdrawing when you know you don’t have a mill in your account. That’s blatant and intentional. And what do you mean no planning of his own, I can’t tell if you’re clueless or you’re just trollin.

• crispyduck13 says:

Homehome is calling Crispyduck13 a troll. We’ve now entered Bizarroland. I knew I should’ve stayed home today.

• regis-s says:

Not really. This guy didn’t just stumble onto a malfunctioning ATM and take advantage of it over a hour or two. According to the summary he did it at ATMs in different casinos over a two week period. That shows some premeditation on his part I’d think.

I’m not one of those “hang ‘em high” types that thinks that everyone that commits a crime should be locked up and the key thrown away. I think something like this might deserve some jail time though.

• Bsamm09 says:

“Found”???? He saw that an ATM was not working properly and exploited it. Repeatedly, for over two weeks. He deserves jail.

I could have sympathy if someone typed in $100 in the ATM and it accidentally shot out $1000 and then they went and spent it right away. That was one slip of judgement. I would still punish them but not jail. This dude was way worse.

• crispyduck13 says:

It’s my opinion that jail is for people who hurt other people. This is a guy with a severe gambling problem that hurt no one. He should get probation and therapy, and his ATM card cut up.

• Costner says:

There is no such thing as a victimless crime. Just because he hurt a “big nasty evil bank” is no justification… he still hurt someone. He hurt all the BOA customers who have to pay more in fees to offset the loss they are taking due to his actions. He hurt the shareholders who won’t see as large as a dividend (as if BOA shareholders aren’t already bleeding red ink). He may have hurt the employees who are responsible for ATM maintenance or testing who very well could lose their jobs over this mess.

Clearly he hurt people – and he should be held accountable. I won’t go so far as to say he should rot in a jail cell since that just ends up costing the taxpayer for his misdeeds, but he should be under some type of monitoring and he should need to give up anything of value as he works the next few decades to pay back the money he stole.

• crispyduck13 says:

I didn’t say he shouldn’t be punished, just that jail is not a fitting form to match the “crime.”

• Liam Kinkaid says:

Homosexual acts are criminal in several countries. Are you saying those aren’t victimless crimes because there’s no such thing?

• Costner says:

Ok point taken – even though I would argue there is a difference between true crime and what some humans like to consider criminal activity. What two consenting adults do to one another is their business even if it is considered illegal by some members of society.

• dolemite says:

I’d argue doing drugs and prostitution are also victimless crimes that we send people to prison for quite frequently.

• Costner says:

Well I could make an argument that prostitution does include a victim, because in most cases there is a deep emotional void that the person is trying to fill, and often they are engaging in prostitution merely to support a drug habit etc.

As far as drug use, it almost always includes a victim (the user) as well as all the victims associated with drug transportation, sales, etc… but that may depend upon the drug because a heroin addict is slightly different than someone who is smoking some weed with friends. That said – I get your point.

So for clarification – I’ll say MOST crimes are not victimless. You can typically find a victim behind almost any crime, but perhaps it is inaccurate to say you could do so for ALL crimes.

• dush says:

If this guy gets jail time, free food/housing/medical, for this “lapse of judgement” then it’s the tax payers who are the victim.

• CubeRat says:

I believe this man’s punishment should include the removal of any ability to use an ATM. I have a great deal more faith that a live teller would have said – ‘you’re back again???’.

And I think any house arrest, probation should be more than 15 months; maybe 5-10 years for a theft of that much money.

5. John says:

But if he would have won, he could have returned the money, and been RICH. Sounds like a solid business plan … except for the losing and the theft part.

6. eirrom says:

I hoping that I do not read any comments defending the guy. I know there is no love for BOA on this site (so i’m sure there will be some “BOA deserves it” comments) but what this guy did was wrong and he should be punished. There is no way to justify his actions. He knew that the money was not his and spent it anyway. How is going to repay the 1.5 million he stole?

• CrazyEyed says:

But what if he thought Bill Johnson from Nigeria suddenly came through with his late inheritance?

• Murph1908 says:

Heh, that’s not actually a bad idea. (Well, it’s a terrible idea, but go with me on it a minute.)

Send a Nigerian scammer $50 to start a paper trail.

If somehow you get lucky enough for the bank or IRS to make such a mistake in the future, withdraw all the money.

Then, have a legit claim and defense that you thought the money was yours.

Can’t be much less of a chace of this happening than winning the lottery. =)

7. Nigerian prince looking for business partner says:

15 months for $1.5 million isn’t too bad. The mistake was gambling it — he should have just squirreled it away, so he’d be a rich man when he’s let out.

• Sudonum says:

Maybe he did and he’s just claiming he gambled it?

• A.Bursell says:

1. Withdraw as much cash as possible

2. Hide it in safe locations

3. Wait to be caught and claim to have lost it all in casinos

4. Do small amount of time

5. Profit!

8. yaos says:

And when BOA steals money from your account there’s nothing they can do about it.

• Difdi says:

Yup.

Bank error in your favor == Touch the money and go to jail for bank robbery.

Bank error not in your favor == Too bad, sucker.

9. voogru says:

What if he’s just claiming he gambled it away?

Pretty good scam.

• Clyde Barrow says:

Knowing the mentality of these folks in this area (which includes lawyers and judges) the pity-party will come out and nullify this guy. Next thing he’ll be slap with a small fine and house arrest for a few months. They’ll be no discussion about this guy’s lack of critical thinking in that he “should have known better”.

10. Blueskylaw says:

Let’s see, over 15 months at minimum wage I would make roughly $24,000 or I could “creatively acquire” $1,500,000 and only serve 15 months?
    I suddenly see the thought processes of the Wall Street Captains of Industry.

• scoutermac says:

That’s what I’m thinking. Steal money via an ATM and do not have to worry about working again.

11. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Damn, so after all that all he gets is a slap on the wrist? You just got a free ride, buddy!

• longfeltwant says:

Fifteen months in prison isn’t a slap on the wrist. Probation or time served is a slap on the wrist. Reducing the charge to a misdemeanor is a slap on the wrist. Fifteen months in prison is what is known as “a proportionate jail sentence”.

12. Anachronism says:

How do they KNOW he spent “every penny” gambled away?

This could be pretty crafty. You find a broken ATM, you loot it for weeks, you got hit the high roller tables so everybody saw you there at various casinos.

But you also go bury a suitcase full of say, $500,000 or so in the backyard.

Cops show up, you tell them you blew through the whole bit, casinos back you up that you were there.

$500,000 is more than I could earn in 15 months. I’m sure it would be a shitty 15 months, but if presented with the hypothetical of “would you spend 15 months in jail for several hundred grand up to 1.5 million?” I’d be hard pressed to find reasons not to suck it up and spend the jail time.

Not to say that the guy is this crafty, but it seems like the “blew it at the casino” line is a good excuse as to why the police can’t recover any of the money.

1.5 million is a LOT to lose over 15 days.

• huadpe says:

Casinos actually keep very good records of your gambling. They’ll know exactly how much he lost playing.

• It's So Cold in the D says:

No they don’t, and they couldn’t possibly know unless every buy-in was tracked using a player’s card. Money changes hands and new players come in all the time (craps, roulette, blackjack) that they wouldn’t bother tracking such small bets. It’s more so the IN/OUT payments that tracked, not the individuals participating.

13. crispyduck13 says:

2 things:

#1 – The house always wins. Or else this guy is the shittiest gambler on earth.
    #2 – Prosecutors are apparently unaware of this little problem of massive prison overcrowding.

14. Costner says:

Let’s see…. 15 months in prison for $1.5M?

Challenge accepted. I don’t make $100k a month, so that seems like a fair trade to me. I’ll even offer to double my time up to 30 months if they are willing to give me $3M.

15. longfeltwant says:

I don’t know if I agree with you guys. If I walked up to a man on the street and asked him kindly for ten thousand dollars, and he gave it to me, that wouldn’t be theft, that would be a gift. If I asked him for another ten thousand, and he gave it to me, that wouldn’t be theft either. No matter how many times I repeated it, it wouldn’t be theft.

This man asked BoA for 1.5 million dollars, and they gave it to him. In my opinion, BoA has the responsibility to not give away their money to people who don’t own it. If BoA willingly, purposefully gives out money, I can hardly blame a person for accepting it. It’s illegal, sure; but that only means that the law is bad, not the behavior.

• hmburgers says:

I’m pretty sure that somewhere along the line you agree that your account will actually cover the withdrawal… so this is not BoA giving him money for nothing, it’s BoA giving him money under the assumption that his account balance will cover it. The fact that they took 15 days days to fix the glitch is ridiculous, but this man is still at fault for taking money he knew he didn’t have.

• Cor Aquilonis says:

I have to say I think your argument has merit. All he did was ask for money – BofA was stupid and provided. On the other hand, he’s supposed to be connecting to “his money” in his account, and he probably knew that he didn’t actually have that much in there…

I guess I’m just glad I wasn’t on that jury. Ugh.

I hope the judge is merciful, after all, he sounds like a knucklehead more than a criminal.

• crispyduck13 says:

I agree. I do not think this type of thing is a crime that jail would ammend. They should keep his ass (and all like him) out of jail so he can work and garnish the hell out of his wages until he pays back whatever he took.

• njack says:

Except for the pesky fact that it is relatively easy to be unemployed/underemployed and/or work off the books. What are they going to do, garnish his public assistance so the public ends up paying his debt?

• madanthony says:

What are the odds he could actually get a legitimate guy? I feel like if I were hiring someone, I’d choose the candidate who hadn’t tried to scam $1.5 million from a bank, and is probably a gambling addict.

• samjung23 says:

You’re an idiot!

16. Abradax says:

I’m going to be in the minority here, but he should not get any jail time.

All this is, is an extremely large overdraft and his bank allowed it to happen. They can pursue it civilly.

17. evilpete says:

hummm 15 months for 1,5 min, $100K a month.

how, if he was “smart” he would have withdrawn it and pretended to gamble it away, then retired in a year…..

18. ajaxd says:

Loosing 100K each day for 15 days – maybe just stop after a few days when you realize you can’t win and make some better use of the money? It looks like he is only going to win a jail term but unfortunately it’s not going to make him smarter.

19. backbroken says:

What if he had withdrawn the $1.5m and put it all on 1 spin of the wheel, won to double his money, then paid BOA back when they inevitably came looking for their money?

Would he get to keep the winnings?

• AEN says:

If he only had a few hundred dollars in his account and he proceeded to withdraw $1.5M in multiple transactions – heck, that’s a LOT of $35 overdraft fees BOA is collecting.

• DrLumen says:

Yes he could have kept the winnings. Same goes for stock gains or accumulated interest.

20. PBallRaven says:

“Boss! Latigo just put $10,000 on number 23!”

21. Happy Tinfoil Cat says:

A tax accountant once told me to ‘lose’ the money in a casino to avoid paying taxes on it. Casinos report significant winnings but not losses. For all we know, he may have millions stashed.

• Cor Aquilonis says:

Your tax accountant is a numbskull. You can only deduct losses to offset winnings. The tax you would pay is a percent of the winnings. Therefore, winning will only make you richer, and losing will only make you poorer (buy, say a full dollar instead of the percent you pay for taxes.) Unless by “lose” he meant “lie about losing,” in which case he is not only stupid, but criminally so.

You need a new tax accountant.

• heismanpat says:

I think it’s pretty obvious he was saying, “lie about losing.” I’m not even sure how you could think anyone would argue that it’s to your advantage to lose money in the casnio.

Good tax accountants know tricks like that. The good ones also don’t exploit them.

• Sudonum says:

Regardless, IRS rules only allow you to claim gambling losses that are less than or equal to your winnings. Otherwise the only people paying taxes would be casinos.

• Bsamm09 says:

Tricks? That’s not a trick that’s fraud and a stupid one at that too. If you win a significant amount of money and that makes you subject to AMT the IRS audits you that’s the first thing the IRS will want documentation for since it’s the only other itemized deduction allowed for AMT.

If you can’t document the losses and they get wiped out, you have a good chance of understating you taxes by 25% you are in for a world of hurt.

22. DJBS77 says:

Looks like he had overdraft protection on his account.

23. deathbecomesme says:

How come this never happens to me! I’m going to write a letter to my congress person!

24. eezy-peezy says:

A “lapse of judgment”….hmmm, I’ll have to remember that one for those times when “I’m a victim of circumstances” just doesn’t cut it.

25. 2 Replies says:

“the bank was at fault for letting the whole thing happen in the first place.”

Yep. How hard is it to TEST YOUR SHIT?
    I know BOA is just a bunch of greedy assholes who wouldn’t want to pay their salaries, but they’d do well to employ software and hardware testers for this EXACT scenario.

26. do-it-myself says:

15 Months of free food AND rent! That doesn’t seem like such a bad deal in retrospect of gambling it all away!

27. RandomLetters says:

To me this would be like walking on to a car lot and finding my key works in one of the cars. I get in and drive knowing that this isn’t my car. The next day I lose that car and go back to the lot and again my key works in another one of the cars. Just because my key works in the car doesn’t mean I’m not stealing.

28. nikalseyn says:

Didn’t I hear him say he had lost his ATM card back around that time? Perhaps the person who found it is the real culprit.

29. Bsamm09 says:

30. samjung23 says:

Guys, wouldn’t matter if he stashed the money away. If he stays in the US, they’ll seize every asset he owns, then garnish his accounts. He’ll owe that money for life. If he spends the cash, the bank will find out. I’m pretty sure the police would or have searched for any money he might have hidden.

I’m honestly surprised casinos haven’t been forced to start tying money to the identities of players. That way, if you put in a certain amount of money and leave with a certain amount, it can be tracked how much money was spent.

• Just Ducky says:

They’re technically already doing that with players club cards.

• samjung23 says:

Voluntarily. He doesn’t strike me as a Player’s Club kind of guy, but who knows. If he didn’t want to be tracked, he might not have used it.

• coffeeplease says:

I know this is a few days old but the civil limitations on “owing the money for life” in the United States is based upon the Statute of Limitations in your state. I think the max on debts is 6 years and the SOL on judgments is 10 years in most states.

They can garnish one account then he can open a new account. If they can’t find the new account they can’t touch it. They can only garnish wages up to a certain amount.

31. Invader Zim says:

You all are just jealous. He should go to jail for being too stupid to leave the country with the money, silly bean.

32. frodolives35 says:

Say it ain’t bofa screws up and someone RECEIVES money. Heads will roll. lol

33. frodolives35 says:

I would like to think my integrity is not for sale but please don’t test me with 1.5 million.

34. morethanwysiywg2 says:

BOA can steal your house, even if it has never been under lien through BOA. Why can’t someone use money that was placed into their account by BOA?

IMHO, the OP did nothing wrong (other than blowing the money). What if he had donated it to a charity for the homeless? Would he get a less severe sentence?

35. xanxer says:

Why not? They certainly didn’t mind doing that to millions of americans every day.