Consumerist Friday Flickr Finds

Here are twelve of the best photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, picked for usability in a Consumerist post or just plain neatness.

#237

The Ball
(#10 – Scott D. Rogers)

Great Country Farms
(#11 – Carlos del Vaca)

Civic Duty
(#12 – Fujoshi)

Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr Pool, and perhaps they’ll be featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. Blueskylaw says:

It seems that even Guy Fawkes cannot get out of jury duty.

2. raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

Mm, thistles. I saw a bunch of them on my way in today. One of my favorite flowers, despite stealth-thistles being the #1 cause of foot-puncture injuries during my childhood… Even the leaves have thorns.

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

i went low impact camping with someone once who didn’t know what a thistle was. she tried to use one as TP. i tried not to laugh… to her face

3. Back to waiting, but I did get a cute dragon ear cuff says:

Arrggghhh! I can not tell you how many people have called us up to sell us that office chair in #4 arguing with us that:

1) They paid $129 for it, it HAS to be worth $60, or just send your truck out to get it, it is only 1 hour out of the way. A 24′ truck that has 2 men on it for other stops and that hour travel time is on Tuesday at 3AM, Tuesday at 1pm it is 2 hours each way.
    2) It just needs a little work and I am sure you can fix it.
    3) Someone will buy it, eventually

Meanwhile, I am lucky to give that away on Craig’s List.

4. Foot_Note says:

tax cat is sad.. no cat pictures :(

5. lovemypets00 - You'll need to forgive me, my social filter has cracked. says:

I so wanted to be summoned for Jury duty in my county this time. There are a couple of interesting cases, but no get out of work free card for me this time.

6. photoguy622 says:

Ugh, the Palisades Center Mall. Hate that place. That is all.

7. Bruce W says:

What a sorry pitiful set of images. If this is the best of the images, perhaps it is time to end this feature as not a single image is remotely special!

• Quirk Sugarplum says:

When I was little, Mama always told me that if you can’t say something nice then something the hell is wrong with you for being such an ass.

Mama also used to lock herself in the attic “making pecan sandies”. But Uncle Paul said she was just riding the rails, so it was OK.

• Bruce W says:

It is what it is. If the images are inferior, I am not saying anything bad about them…. but not anything good because they are not good!

• I Love Christmas says:

I don’t know if they are objectively good, but I see three or four that would make great illustrations for Consumerist articles…

8. kenfagerdotcom says:

Oh Bruce W… I think you’re special. You’re as beautiful as that 1970′s wallpaper I took a picture of.