Pizza Shop Owner Claims He Caught An Angel On Surveillance Video

Someone call Ghost Hunters: A pizza shop owner in Bloomfield, Pa., says he’s caught evidence of an angel from his security camera outside the store. Bob says he found the shot taken in the parking lot around 6 a.m. on Friday, featuring a white image with a distinctive image in the upper part of the photo.

He tells KDKA Pittsburgh that he believes it’s a sign from his dad, who passed away two years ago and had helped his son get the pizza shop going.

“You can see a face up at the very top and you can see the hands and you can see the wings,” he said.

Bob and his sister think their dad is encouraging them, after a rough go of it with the business lately. Bob’s been thinking about closing down the shop.

“Maybe my dad coming down to help me,” he said. He claims the camera has never captured anything similar.

A group of nuns have already reportedly stopped by to check out the image. No word on whether they called the pope or not to discuss the potential validity of the shot.

Pizza Shop Owner Spots Angel In Security Camera Footage [KDKA 2 Pittsburgh]

Comments

1. AdamBC says:

Not to be ‘that guy’ – but what does this have to do with shoppers ‘biting back’? Did the angel refuse to pay for their undercooked food?

2. That guy. says:

Would something like this make you, as a consumer, more or less likley to try pizza from that shoppe?

3. TuxMan says:

What kind of shrooms does this guy put on his pizza? Think I want some.

4. Olivia Neutron-Bomb says:

As Benny Hinn would say, it’s a middacle!

5. Velvet Jones says:

Not to nitpick, but there is no Bloomfield, PA. Bloomfield is a neighborhood in the city of Pittsburgh, not a town or PO box.

• eccsame says:

The same thing used to bug me about the opening to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. When Will rapped ‘in West Philadelphia, born and raised” I would get all bothered because there is no such place as West Philadelphia. It should have been “In the Western Section of Philly, Pennsylvania on a playground, etc.” There is a western part of Philadelphia. Just like there’s a Bloomfield section of Pittsburgh with a great record store and a really cool bar or two.

• Nigerian prince looking for business partner says:

My dad’s half of my family is from South Philly and they routinely talk about “North Philadelphia,” West Philly,” etc. When asked where they’re from, it’s always “South Philly” and people generally recognize it.

I’m originally from Pittsburgh and when people from Ohio or PA ask me where I’m from, I usually just say Hazelwood or Homestead, and that’s usually good enough. But I agree, referring to it as “Bloomfield, PA” doesn’t really make any sense and definitely implies that Bloomfield is its own city.

• These Are Not My Pants says:

Regarding Philly specifically, people here often state where they live or where they grew up using directional geography (at least when talking to anyone that lacks intimate knowledge of the city), i.e. “I grew up in South Philly but now my family lives in the NorthEast” so the “West Philadelphia” part of the song doesn’t really bother me.

• The Porkchop Express says:

but one could still be “chillin’ out , maxin’” right?

• MongoAngryMongoSmash says:

There is… not just where THEY mean. Bloomfield, PA is the county seat for Perry County. Just like Lawrenceville is a neighborhood in Pittsburgh, but also a city in Northern, PA.

6. dolemite says:

“His dad helped him get the pizza shop. But business has been tough lately, and he’s been thinking about closing.

“Maybe my dad coming down to help me,” said Usner.

“Yo Angel-Dad…I gotta delivery on 5th Street…move it, move it, move it!”

7. Fast Eddie Eats Bagels says:

I just don’t see it in the image but I’m sure he’ll be raking in some more customers now.

8. Gehasst says:

People will always “see” something when they want to be able to.

No surprise Mary Beth is quick to post this non-news.

9. McRib wants to know if you've been saved by the Holy Clown says:

That was just me, making pizza, naked.

I break into a new pizza shop every Thursday to do that; making pizza, in the dark, naked.

I call it my ‘happy time’

10. lilspooky says:

Its a bird!
    People are so dumb!

11. CrazyEyed says:

Perfect PR move. Business does bad…whip up an image of an Angel or Jesus…toss a little familial sentiment and you have a recipe for success.

12. HeyThereKiller says:

Papa John 3:16

13. Blueskylaw says:

I once saw a cloud in the shape of a pizza shop last time I was in Bloomfield, Pa.

14. spartan says:

I saw a whole bunch of Angels on ESPN last night. Saw some Texas Rangers also.

15. Jawaka says:

So how long until the guy renames the restaurant to Angel Pizza or something like that?

16. elephantattack says:

That’s a BIRD. Probably a pigeon…

17. wiggie2gone says:

At least it didn’t show up because of the POACHED SALMON

18. Pigfish99 the randomly insane says:

beware of weeping angels.

and don’t blink. O_O

19. CalicoGal says:

Why the heck does a “news” station present this nonsense as news??? Credibility, much? Yeesh!!

20. ToddMU03 says:

Says he talks to angels, they call him out by his name.

21. axiomatic says:

I
    WANT
    TO
    BELIEVE

-Mulder

22. RecordStoreToughGuy_RidesTheWarpOfSpaceIntoTheWombOfNight says:

It’s a weather balloon.

23. El_Fez says:

Funny, I also caught an Angel on film.

Just be sure not to blink. . . .

24. I Love Christmas says:

Angels don’t exist. Period. So, this entire story is BS.

25. hush404 says:

All I see is a bird. You can see it’s wings, tail features, hell, you can even make out it’s feet and beak. Bird flys right into a camera, dude thinks it’s an angel… -_-.

26. Murph1908 says:

The other day, the wife and I were making chicken strips. One looked very much like an Alien, with a thin neck, large crescent head, and a body that tapered off like the ovipositor of the queen. We both found the resemblence striking.

So, I have officially proven that aliens exist, and in the same form as predicted by the prophet Ripley.

I for one welcome our new alien overlords.

27. partyone says:

Maybe it was fairies picking up a pizza from the ‘Za Lord? Oh wait the ‘Za Lord lives in Chicago.

28. gman863 says:

I thought I saw Elvis on the CCTV system at my PC repair shop a few months ago.

Then I realized it was just a fat guy wearing a pimp suit having a really bad hair day.

29. These Are Not My Pants says:

West Philadelphians are actually more likely to get hot coffee thrown on them than either “chill out” or “max.”

• These Are Not My Pants says:

Or, in some cases, get an Internal Server Error and subsequently have their reply end up as a new post.

30. HogwartsProfessor says:

Came to this story for Weeping Angel jokes; did not go away disappointed.

Wait….does writing “weeping angel” become an angel? Shit.

31. nicoleintrovert says:

Call James Randi! If this guy can prove this crap he’ll get $1,000,000!

32. Hailey says:

Angels look nothing like humans, so this cannot possibly be an angel.

33. MongoAngryMongoSmash says:

Nobody went Mystic Pizza route? Really?

34. BrienBear Thinks Stupidity Defies Logic says:

I have an issue with USAA that I can’t even get a response to on an email (took a follow-up email..) and they post this?

Ah well, who am I kidding. I’m addicted to this damn site like crack.

35. centurion says:

“A group of nuns have already reportedly stopped by to check out the image.” A group of nuns stopped by for free pizza, trust me.

36. backinpgh says:

Awesome…I used to live in Bloomfield, and Adrian’s has great pizza and wings. I guess I now know why lol

37. Jimmy37 says:

Sorry. Occam’s Razor says it’s an out-of-focus moth.

The last time I saw this kind of idiocy was a blue blob on the security camera of a gas station. It was moving around and people wanted to call it a ghost.

People can believe all they want – whether it’s Mary or Jesus in a window, in a water stain, a donut, a grilled cheese sandwich, a shoe sole, etc. The humand mind is wonderful at seeing what it wants, based on its beliefs. And the human capacity for self-delusion is infinite.