“Groupon is bad at math!” the subject line of Amber’s e-mail to Consumerist proclaimed. I expected to see a poorly-calculated coupon discount or something else related to actual deals. But the error is even weirder than that. Groupon’s Earth Day deals page trumpets that the company is celebrating the planet’s 400th birthday. They offer no explanation for where this number came from, or why it’s missing approximately seven zeroes.
Groupon One-Ups Young Earth Creationism, Claims Earth Is 400 Years Old
By Laura Northrup April 19, 2012
More From Consumerist
- PYT’s $144 Groupon Deal Entitles Pass Bearers To A Burger And Fries Every Day For A Year
- Which Stores Will Have The Best Black Friday Deals?
- Groupon Slashing 1,100 Jobs, Promises To “Do More With Less”
- Study: Some Popular Android Apps Tracking User Location Once Every Three Minutes
- Groupon Launches Online Food Ordering Service To Compete With Seamless, GrubHub