Scholarships For Moms Seeking Degrees

Juggling parenthood and college classes is no easy feat, and even tougher when you consider the financial side of the equation. Any scholarships out there help, and it so happens that there are several out there earmarked for mothers attempting to better their career prospects by earning degrees.

Your Life After 25 points out a few scholarships for moms to keep in mind:

* Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity Awards — Women who are the sole breadwinners of their families are eligible.

* American Association of University Women — These scholarships are geared toward women who are attempting to re-enter the workforce after time away.

* Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Foundation — Aimed at low-income moms who want to climb the career ladder.

Check out the source link for several other scholarships. And don’t forget to fill out a FAFSA.

10 Great Scholarships for Moms [Your Life After 25]

Comments

1. PunditGuy says:

Thbbft.

– Dad Seeking Degree

2. dragonfire81 says:

I swear I think Phil saw a banner ad on some site and thought it would make for a good.

• Yomiko says:

He would also like to tell you about one weird diet trick that really works.

• Gman says:

I am very worried about Phil. So far all of his articles have been relevant to the Consumerist’s mission and what should be here.

3. caradrake says:

Looks like a good amount of those are for single moms, previously battered moms, or moms aiming for a specific field (teaching, engineering).

The one I was interested in is an automatic process, so that’s cool.

• alana0j says:

I’m finding a few good ones. I’m glad this story was posted..up until now I haven’t thought to just search for this stuff. I feel terribly slow now

4. Gman says:

All i’m saying is don’t limit yourself to only the ones looking for Mom’s.

I may be out of line here but I am fairly certain you will also be accepted for more “traditional” non procreating oriented scholarships too.

• pecan 3.14159265 says:

Yeah, but those would be a lot more competitive. Scholarships are hard to get, and the more narrow the criteria, the better chance you might have of getting the scholarship.

5. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Let’s just hope no one gets pregnant trying to get one of these.

• Cat says:

Anything is possible. I know people who got married in their freshman year instead of waiting to graduate because it made them “financially independent” of their parents, and eligible for more financial aid and better on-campus housing.

6. FatLynn says:

This is a very strange list. Some of this are open to everyone (even non-moms), some are not available to women just starting their eduction (SWE), and none will make a real dent in the cost of higher education.

7. aleck says:

I don’t need to go to Consumerist to read that. Every shady site has scholarships for mom ads along with secrets for white teeth and latest Hollywood secret diet tricks.