Here Is A Slip Of Paper Explaining How Green Not Giving You A Receipt Is

It was very environmentally conscious for Poster Revolution to ship Mark’s purchase without a receipt. But he couldn’t help but find it amusing that they included a paper slip in his order bragging about how green not sending a receipt is.

He writes:

I recently ordered a poster from PosterRevolution.com. I can honestly say between their selection, fast processing and shipping, I’ll be shopping there again.

The odd thing is, when the poster arrived, there was a piece of paper telling me there was no receipt included because they are trying to save paper…

Great company, great products, but it’s a little weird to use a piece of paper to say they’re saving paper. I suppose since it was a small piece of paper that might count…

revolutionary.jpg

Comments

1. umbriago says:

Yeah, but if you can cram eight of those little slips onto one 8-1/2×11 piece of paper you’ve cut your paper usage by 87.5%!

It’s amusing….but think these things through, Mark!

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Couldn’t the same thing be accomplished with a 3×5 piece of paper. Or even 1×1.5?

• YouDidWhatNow? says:

It should come in a fortune cookie. “Confucious say chainsaws don’t kill trees, invoices kill trees.”

• vastrightwing says:

Doesn’t anyone have a heart for Dunder Mifflin? Come on, don’t be so cheap!

• umbriago says:

all right, if I were really smart, I would have suggested they print it on the mailing tube.

2. KTrenholm says:

To be fair, that’s way less paper then your average 8.5×11 packing slip.

Now when grocery stores can follow suit and not give me a 3 ft long receipt for 3 items…

• Agent Hooter Enjoys Enhanced Patdowns says:

But how else will you know about our rewards program? And how much you can save on gas with your loyalty card? And how much you’ve saved so far this year? And about our survey where you could win 1000 dollars?!

• Yomiko says:

Recently, I’ve gotten into a cycle at Dunkin Donuts where I answer the receipt survery every visit and get a code for a free doughnut, so I get my “guilt doughnut” free every visit.

• alana0j says:

The only thing I need on my receipt is how many rewards points I’ve earned with Kroger. I literally get excited and do a dance when I see I’ve reached 100 and get 10 cents off per gallon of gas. Being a delivery driver is rough these days…

• scoosdad says:

Amazon’s packing slips (if you even get one) are getting pretty tiny lately.

I guess in their case they totalled up the shipping weight savings from only sending out half or quarter pages and some bean counter said it was definitely worthwhile to print them on smaller pieces of paper from now on. I’m sure Amazon gets to pay UPS in tenth of ounce increments with their special deal, unlike us peons who get their shipments rounded up to the nearest pound for billing.

• RandomHookup says:

I doubt it’s the shipping weight issue — just the cost of printing & paper. The shippers charge at certain cut-offs, so a full piece of paper isn’t going to make a difference. When I shipped with USPS, I’d get really frustrated when something was 1.1 pounds — that gets charged the 2 pound rate with no steps in between.

3. webwbr says:

This is why all marketing people must die.

4. Blueskylaw says:

As soon as companies get everyone to go paperless, and receive their
    statements through e-mail, they will start charging a convenience fee for it.
    (Paying to print your own tickets on Ticketbastard, etc.)

MARK MY WORDS!!!

• Hi_Hello says:

yup. I don’t understand why there’s a convenience fee to pay BY CASH at some phone store.

5. Sarek says:

No different from a radio station spending 30 mins./hour telling you they have less talk and more music.

Or the bank that once told us, “in order to serve you better, we will no longer participate in [banking at the supermarket.]“

Wait a minute….aren’t posters made out of paper? It would therefore be greener to visualize the poster with your imagination.

6. Hoss says:

You’re not expecting a poster company to go paperless, are you?

7. u1itn0w2day says:

How green will everything thing with e trash that takes HUNDREDS of years to disintegrate compared to paper?

Going green to these companies means more green for them, not the enviorment.

8. HBoyter says:

They could print a small receipt on this same sheet of paper or on the back of it. I see nothing about the inks used being soy based. Lastly, when all buyers print their receipt at home, then we have a paper receipt and this public relations note.

9. SmokeyBacon says:

I don’t really have a problem with no receipt in the box – but honestly I would like to have a packing list because if something is sent in multple orders or is backordered I would like to know about it when I am going through the package. I almost never see actual receipts when I receive orders now – it is usually a packing list but with no cost information. So my question is are they still sending a packing list, or is that something you have to get from the website also?

• RandomHookup says:

It’s like most of my monthly statements… since they are all electronic, I’m not very likely to go check on a problem because I don’t notice it.

10. roshambo says:

Old Navy asks if you want a receipt emailed to you instead of printing one out. They then print out a long piece of paper, hand it to you and ask you to fill out a survey on how their service was…….

11. Difdi says:

Just wait until you have to return something and they refuse to process the return without a receipt…

12. No Fat Chicks says:

So stupid. Paper is made from a renewable product that is grown and harvested just like any other plant. “Virgin” paper is of a lot better quality and just as environmentally produced.

Landfills are 1,000 times better than recycling and would save billions of dollars each year.

13. mjd74 says:

The last company I worked at (~20,000 employees globally) put a piece of paper on ALL of our desks one day touting their “green initiatives”.

They couldn’t do that in an email?