Consumerist Friday Flickr Finds

Here are eleven of the best photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, picked for usability in a Consumerist post or just plain neatness.

He who controls the spice controls the universe
#2 – (EmreKanik)

Rusted Cans
#9 – (B Cobb Photo)

Hot Dog
#10 – (lungstruck)

Snack Bar
#11 – (philografy)

Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr Pool, and perhaps they’ll be featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. Diabolos needs more socks says:

CREEPY EYES ARE CREEPY. I also may have peed a little.

• AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

It needs to be turned into an animated gif, where after a few monments, the pupils dart around.

• Applekid ‚îÄ‚îÄ‚î¨ Ôªø„Éé( „Çú-„Çú„Éé) says:

While a little geeky, this should counteract it.

• Diabolos needs more socks says:

A darn good tumblr! I enjoy it when I’m not almost wetting myself. I would’ve replied earlier, but I had to work up the nerve to SCROLL PAST THAT PICTURE.

2. impatientgirl says:

That first one is disturbing and reallllly doesnt need to go on a future post. It doesn’t need to be on this post.

3. mauispiderweb says:

OMG all that saffron! That jar is worth A LOT!

4. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

Do you think there is a LIEN on that house???

lololololol

5. lovemypets00 - You'll need to forgive me, my social filter has cracked. says:

As a sufferer of automatonophobia, I wish there would have been a warning on the page…picture #1 reminds me of a ventriloquist’s dummy, and THEY FREAK ME OUT!!

Picture #7 makes me wonder about the house, what it looked like when it was new, what was the family like who lived there, and what happened that part of it looks like it was blown against the trees – a tornado, maybe?

6. LanMan04 says:

Mmmmm saffron.

7. parv says:

The smile suits the eyes in the first one. Actually, without that smile, googly eyes would have been used uselessly.

8. Michael Belisle says:

Why must at least 4 out of 11 photos have some sort of silly filter or processing applied to them? It’s like the modern photo-taking technique is as follows:

1. Take crappy photo.
    2. Apply trendy filter.
    3. Pretend that crappy photo is no longer crappy.

• SharkD says:

By my count, 8 of them have been noticeably messed with, mostly by automated filters.

• El_Fez says:

Well, as far as my Creepy Googly Eye picture goes, I did nothing to the shot other than crop out the distracting stuff on the left and right and turn up the contrast slightly. That was shot on XP-2 film stock, which tends to run a little grainy.

But no – no hipstermatic effects here!

• Michael Belisle says:

Nobody named names…

As far as my count goes, “Googly Eyes” eyes was in neither my list of crappy photos nor crappy photos with filters.

• El_Fez says:

Naw, it’s cool. I was just making sure – with the rise of hipsters and their fake film shots, I can see people going “What a poser! That film filter looks FAKE!” when it indeed was the real McCoy.

• Laura Northrup says:

I actually cull a lot of the more interesting photos for Hipstamatic abuse. A lot of those apps have an automatic “send to Flickr” button, and the pool is flooded with them.

9. SharkD says:

I beginning to think the key to getting a photo selected is to do one of the following:

- turn your HDR filter up to 11
    – turn your vignette filter up to 11
    – turn your sharpening filter up to 11
    – let hipstamatic take the snapshot for you

/sourgrapes

10. prizgrizbiz says:

#5 – Bubbles!

11. prizgrizbiz says:

#1 – Little Bobby made a huge fortune as an anime model.