Best Buy Customer Service Has No Idea How Actual Best Buy Stores Work

That headline is not what one might call “surprising.” But when Noelle’s mom found an old, unopened charger bought at Best Buy and still had the receipt, the nice representative on the phone advised her to visit a brick-and-mortar store where they could “buy back” the item instead of accepting it as a return. Except there isn’t any such program, so the duo wasted their time and had to, you know, go to Best Buy. Poor things.

My mother was doing some spring cleaning and found a GPS wall charger that had never been opened. She found the receipt in her files, and called Best Buy customer service to see if she would be able to return the item. She figured its been a few years, it’s a long-shot, but what’s the harm in calling? The customer service person on the phone said they couldn’t do a return, but if we went to the store they can do a “buy back” for the item. We went today to Best Buy so they could “buy back the item”, and the customer service rep acted like we didn’t speak any English. She told us to go to Geek Squad. He couldn’t help us, nor did he have any idea what we were talking about, so he told us to go to Customer service.

Thanks Best Buy! For either not training your corporate customer service, your in-store customer service, and wasting our time!

So basically…if Best Buy’s super-helpful corporate customer service team can’t actually *do* anything for you, they recommend coming into the store so the customer services workers in there can make you feel like an idiot, and waste more of your time. This isn’t the first time this has it’s happened.

Of course, there really is a Buy Back program at Best Buy, through Geek Squad, but you have to purchase your right to sell your gadget back ahead of time.

Comments

1. Important Business Man (Formerly Will Print T-shirts For Food) says:

That is true… They have sent me to the store to “edit my credit application.” I found out later that day that they do not handle credit card services in the store at all.

• Latentius says:

That’s *partially* true. If your initial application was not accepted, the stores are fully capable of re-drafting and re-submitting the application with corrections. Now, if you already successfully applied and had to make changes, then that must be done through HSBC.

In the store, you can also make payments on your balance. So, it’s not entirely true to say the stores don’t handle credit card services at all. They do, just possibly not the service you need.

• Overheal says:

Actually the stores do have forms for certain functions, such as adding another person to an existing card (like a spouse). Now whether or not all customer service agents are readily aware of those forms, or how to fill them out, is another matter. It’s not the sort of thing that is likely to get asked that often.

2. mbz32190 says:

Maybe it is just me, but I would assume an accessory for a few-years-old item is either: a.) not going to be accepted for a return or b.) if they actually did do trade-ins on that kind of thing, it would only be a dollar or two in value.

Not an excuse for the poor training of the Best Buy rep, but come on..people (on both ends) need to use some common sense here.

• GMFish says:

We’re talking about a person stupid enough to buy a charger she didn’t need and anal enough to have kept the receipt in “her files.”

Stupid and anal are a dangerous combination.

• hmburgers says:

Who the hell would try to return something like that after “years”?

• GMFish says:

Someone who is excruciatingly anal, of course. God, can you imagine being married to her? Now that’d be a living hell.

• GMFish says:

Then again, if she was stupid enough to buy it at Best Buy she probably paid about 30 bucks for it. Maybe even more.

• MMD says:

You know what else would be hell? Being married to someone who finds filing receipts and making innocuous phone calls about return policies to be outrageous offenses.

• George4478 says:

Not disputing the unneeded charger comment, but where do you keep your receipts? And why is a file (either on the PC for email receipts or a physical file for papers) such an anal thing?

• GMFish says:

First, I don’t buy stuff I don’t need.

Second, I keep receipts in my billfold until I clean it out every couple of months. If I don’t need to return it by then, I throw it out.

• RickN says:

You must be young. Call me when you buy a refrigerator or hot water heater and the appliance stores gives you a four page receipt that you might need in 5-10 years. Bet you’ll put it in a file then.

Or you get a job where you travel for a living or have to keep records for the IRS. An anal-retentive concept for someone like yourself, I’m sure, but one day you’ll learn about working and mortgages and charitable contribution receipts. Stuff you have to keep for years.

In a file.

• Darsynia says:

IKR? It’s like, aren’t commenters here always piling on people for not keeping their receipts?

• MMD says:

It’s not like they walked into a store without doing their homework, though. They called and were told blatantly wrong information. I know you didn’t excuse that – but condemning the OP for being curious seems unnecessary here.

• Latentius says:

The phone rep is definitely in the wrong on this one. S/he was probably just being hopeful that the Trade-In program would apply, but if they were properly informed, they’d know that accessories alone aren’t accepted (perhaps with a few rare exceptions).

That having been said, having to make one unnecessary trip is hardly worth writing in to a site like this, let alone actually making it into a story. It seems like such a non-issue.

Just for future reference, for anyone wondering if Best Buy will give you any money for your old electronics, you can always get a rough estimate online, which coincidentally will also give you an idea of what items are even accepted: http://www.bestbuy.com/Tradein

• regis-s says:

They posted this story on Bad Service yesterday. There she accused the phone rep of lying instead of just being incompetent. They seem to be on quite the little campaign over this.

I think I’d let this slide as far as the phone rep goes. Everybody makes mistakes. The in store employees sucked for shuffling them off to different departments rather than dealing with them though.

• Latentius says:

I would fully agree that the phone rep stated something that was patently untrue, but saying that they intentionally and malciously lied…that’s over the line. There’s absolutely zero evidence to believe that, let alone any rational reason even without evidence. It is infinitely more likely that the rep simply didn’t know all the details and gave bad advice.

As for the in-store employees…I’d need a more thorough description. The quote from the OP offers very little explanation of what actually transpired in the store besides stating that two groups bounced the person back and forth. I want to know what each of them actually said, and what *specifically* was requested of them. Without this, it’s conjecture at best what was going on. My best guess at this point would be that CS thought the customer wanted to do a trade-in–but CS reps usually don’t usually handle them and might not know what isn’t accepted–and passed them off to GS without actually talking to an agent, who knew they can’t do a trade-in, but thought that maybe the customer was trying to do a full return, seeing as the item was unopened.

But again, that’s just a guess, because all we have here are a few sentences with almost no detail, and with half the story being second-hand hearsay from the child.

• Jawaka says:

That’s why you always ask for the name of whoever you speak to on the phone.

If a person is smart enough to run to Consumerist whenever they feel that they’re wronged by a company then they’re smart enough to take reasonable preventive measures.

3. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Correct action is to have the B+M call corporate customer service with you there.

4. TheMansfieldMauler says:

Sounds like OP was the victim of the standard Call Center Time Per Call issue, where the “customer service” rep doesn’t know the answer so he tries to get you off the phone as quickly as possible to keep his average call time low.

“Oh yeah, just take it to the store and they’ll buy it back kthxbai [click].”

• Jay911 says:

I hate to be the one who just posts “This.”, but.. this.

• BBBB says:

“Sounds like OP was the victim of the standard Call Center Time Per Call issue…”

The other possibility is the common undertrained phone rep that takes the first familiar word or phrase, types it in to the database, and gives whatever answer pops up – they don’t know if it is relevant or correct.

In this case, it sounded plausible (although unlikely to be correct), usually, the answer is unrelated to the real issue.

5. gman863 says:

A few years ago, a co-worker ordered a TV set for a display at work on BB’s Internet site. It was both too large and a piece of crap brand. As the IT director, I called BB’s Internet customer service # and explained that I wanted to return the TV, unopened, under BB’s return policy.

The BB phone rep seemed helpful and stated I should take it to the local store with our shipping invoice and that we would receive a refund on the business credit card used to purchase it.

I followed her advice, put the TV in my car, drove to the local store and waited 20 minutes in the returns line.

Then the shit hit the fan.

First, I was rudely told by a BB employee that Internet returns were NOT accepted at the store; I would have to call the Internet customer service # to schedule a pickup of the item and pay return shipping costs. When I explained I had already called and gave her the name of the person I had spoken with, she basically said, “I don’t care what they told you, this is how it works”.

I demanded to speak to and waited almost 20 minutes for the manager on duty. He repeated what the counter employee had said, except in an even more surly tone. As “a favor”, he could send BB’s local truck to pick it up the next day at our business if we were willing to pay a $69.99 pickup charge.

At this point, I went ballistic. Although I’m normally pretty composed, I went off on a trade that would make Chris Rock blush. When I threatened to write a letter to the State Attorney General, he squirmed and said he would pick up the TV the next day for free.

The TV was sitting on a flatbed cart two feet away from both of us. Still, he insisted their local delivery truck had to pick it up at the address it was delivered to.

I finally made him give me a delivery (pick-up) ticket showing no charge, loaded the damn TV back into my car and took it back to work. Over two hours wasted.

They did pick it up the next day.

Over the next two years, I was responsible for purchasing over $50,000 in TVs, monitors, computer hardware and printers for the company I worked for.

Best Buy didn’t get a goddamn dime.

• Sillyheart says:

You lost me at “I went off on a trade that would make Chris Rock blush.” Not acceptable.

• gman863 says:

Given both a store employee and store manager were surly. condescending and oblivious to their stated company policy, dropping the “F” bomb was perfectly acceptable — although I admit dropping the phrase “State Attorney General” is what finally got the bogus fees waived.

• finbar says:

I thought you acted reasonably. They were being asshats.

• Latentius says:

Shouting and cussing out employees is NEVER acceptable, no matter how much you don’t like what they’re saying.

You have every right to be upset, but you have NO right to be a jerk about it. If you think the employees are treating you badly, you get their names and you go to their superiors and present your complaint CALMLY and RATIONALLY like an ADULT. Is that really so difficult?

• regis-s says:

In an ideal world people with reasonable concerns would be polite and companies would also be reasonable and accomodate them.

Unfortunately, this isn’t that world. Too often polite people with legitimate complaints are told “Sorry, that’s the way it is”. While raging jerkoffs get most if not everything they demand because the employees just want to get rid of them.

• Latentius says:

You can be polite, but firm. This guy had plenty of other avenues to explore before going on a hateful tirade. He could have escalated his complaint up to the general manager of the store, the district manager, etc. He could have gone with the Consumerist-favorite route: the Executive Email Carpet Bomb. He could have called Best Buy Corporate and probably would have gotten help there while still in the store.

But no. He insisted at cussing the whole store out at the top of his lungs, and that is NOT acceptable behavior. He is setting an awful example for everyone around him, besides disturbing the peace and making work a living hell for the employees he was dealing with (who I still believe aren’t anywhere near as rude as he makes them out to be, let alone as rude as he acted towards them).

You’d be surprised how much farther being polite will get you, even in an adverse situation. Perhaps that’s because so few people choose to even explore that route…

• Latentius says:

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe the customer service reps weren’t very agreeable might be because they already had to deal with half a dozen people like you that morning, throwing profane little temper tantrums?

Do you think acting like a foul-mouthed child is going to make people more cooperative?

Have you considered how your behavior will affect others? If you thought the employees were rude when you got there, how do you expect they will act for the poor people behind you in line?

• Bionic Data Drop says:

“I went off on a trade that would make Chris Rock blush.”

I would have just thrown you out of the store. By your own admission, you don’t shop at Best Buy anymore so even though they caved and gave you your ba-ba, that still didn’t make it right to you.

If you act like in animal in public, please consider moving out to the wilderness.

• Latentius says:

Finally! Some advice we can agree on. :-)

I’d say that the situation would definitely make me unhappy if I were in his position, but throwing a huge tantrum in the store is NOT the way to encourage people to be more helpful. Not only that, but he thought the customer service rep was being rude when he got there? Imagine what kind of mood they’d be in for the person in line behind him. Dealing with irate people can cause a lot of collateral damage.

• gman863 says:

You expect me to respond to bad service by bending over and taking it up the ass?

GET REAL!

It was bad enough they wouldn’t honor their own return policy, as stated by the BB Internet phone rep. The fact they were abusive with me first gave me a fair shot at whatever verbal beatown I felt like giving at the time.

As someone who has been in retail management and now owns my own store, any employee of mine who was that rude and surly prior to my venting would have fired on the spot.

PS: Do you work for Best Buy or just bring a tube of KY Jelly with you when you shop there?

• Latentius says:

No one asked you to “bend over and take it”–just don’t act like a raging asshole.

And yes, I work there, and dealing with customers like yourself is what puts so many employees in a bad mood. They’re constantly harassed and abused; is it any wonder that they’re not exactly happy to help you?

On the flip side, I’ve seen some customers act rather pleasant, even when faced with unpleasant situations. And you know what? Every comes out better for it. Employees are more helpful, and it’s far less stressful on everyone around, even those who aren’t at all involved.

You shouldn’t be proud of making a scene; you should be ashamed of yourself.

• gman863 says:

Although you may nice when it comes to helping customers, you’re totally missing the point: Aside from hauling a 70-pound TV back and forth, both the customer service desk employee and manager on duty were condescending and sarcastic for almost half an hour before I started my primal screaming.

Comments such as sneering, “I don’t care what (BB Internet Phone Rep Name) said” and demanding I pay a fee to return the unopened item (something not stated in the fine print on the BB web site at the time – I checked) because “that’s our store policy” are over the line – especially given their cavalier and condescending tones of voice.

If a retail employee starts smack with me, I’ll respond in kind. Not once did I hear anything along the lines of, “I’m sorry if you were misinformed” or “Let’s see what we can do to resolve this”. If I had been shown a minimal amount of respect, I would have responded likewise without dropping the “F” bomb.

FYI, I have been involved in the termination of employees who were witnessed being sarcastic and/or impolite with customers.

As for the issue of your personal hurt feelings after dealing with an irate customer, it unfortunately is part of the package when you choose to work in retail. If I had a buck for every customer who ever got irate or swore at me where I had to swallow my tongue, I’d be able to pay off most of my credit cards.

• Latentius says:

Even though I’d still prefer to see footage of the event, given the extensive number of customer interactions that I have witnessed, I’m not inclined to accept your version of the story at face value. Employees do NOT start off being condescending and rude. If they exhibited either of those traits, it almost undoubtedly came well after you started becoming belligerent.

And you know what? Sometimes reps on the phone give incorrect information. That’s just a fact of life. Additionally, depending on the store and the situation, the rules can be different. (Not saying that that’s definitely the case for you, but it does apply sometimes.) If a customer is being aggressive and belligerent, I can fully understand a manager taking a stern tone and telling you that it doesn’t matter what the phone rep said. I completely refuse, however, to believe that not a single employee ever tried to resolve the matter in a more peaceful manner. Either you were too busy shouting and cussing, or your memory must be bad. Peaceful resolution is always the line of defense for associates to defuse a situation like yours.

And instead of telling me and all other retail workers to just suck it up and take the abuse–which I know we’ll have to do anyway–how about you just start acting like an ADULT and not go on a profanity-laced tirade? After all, profanity is the weapon of the witless.

• cigsm says:

THIS! I’m super nice to Best Buy employees & they’re super nice back, even waiving out of return policies to return / exchange an item, among other things.

I either have the nicest 2 Best Buy stores in the world or being nice goes a long way.

• gman863 says:

Trying to charge a fee for the return of an unopened item where the store’s web site does not state a return or restocking fee = fraud.

As noted below, if a retail associate is rude and starts smack with me, I’ll respond in kind.

I’ve had to fire employees before for being rude and condescending with customers. It took 30 minutes before I went into a tirade in this case. If they worked for me and were as rude at the start before I told them how I felt, they would have been in the unemployment line in under two minutes.

• Latentius says:

Something tells me you never bothered to actually read the return policy for your specific item. Ignorance of the return process does not equal fraud on the company’s behalf.

And while I’m willing to accept that an associate might’ve been MILDLY rude–and that’s not acceptable–I am completely unwilling to believe that one “started smack with you,” especially without significant provocation on your part. If they did, they would know that they should expect to be fire. However, I am quite confident that if any security footage exists of the encounter, it would prove otherwise.

You should still be ashamed of yourself. Any CIVILIZED person would be horrified at the way you acted. And frankly, you’re lucky you weren’t tossed out of the store for being aggressive towards the employees.

• faislebonchoix says:

Stores are not obligated to accept returns; doing so is doing the customer a major favor. So NO, you were in the WRONG when you went on your tirade. They only gave in because they wanted to get rid of the big baby who was throwing a tantrum and wasting employees’ time.

6. ThinkingBrian says:

“You can’t fix stupid” and both the OP and Best Buy needed to use some real common sense here. I mean come on, returning an unopened charger 2 years later, its only a 30 day return policy. And Best Buy, come on, work on your customer service both at the store and your call center, this should have been easy Best Buy for you to handle and say “Sorry, but NO, your outside the return policy.” Oh brother.

• MMD says:

From the OP: “She figured its been a few years, it’s a long-shot, but what’s the harm in calling?”

Apparently you find fault with this. What exactly is the harm in asking the question?
      Of course BB is under no obligation to accept the return. They are obligated, however, to answer the question correctly.

• Latentius says:

There’s only a 30 day return policy, yes, but Best Buy *does* also re-purchase gently used electronics, so there’s a chance you can get some of your money back. Except the Trade-In program, as it’s called, doesn’t buy back individual accessories, which the phone rep really should have been aware of.

And @MMD, no, Best Buy is not *obligated* to answer the question correctly. They should be highly motivated to provide accurate information–to provide customer satisfaction–but there’s no actual obligation to do so.

• Naked-Gord-Program says:

“You can’t fix stupid”

THIS. This needs to be official slogan for Best Buy if there was total truth in society.

7. sadie kate says:

I am loving that this is the second post in two weeks that I originally saw on Livejournal. My husband said I was the only one left who still posted there. Suck on that! At least two other people post there, too!

8. Chester Copperpot says:

Sounds like T-Mobile.
    I was switching carriers and went into a store to have them unlock my phone. The customer service person was insanely rude to me and said that it couldn’t be done, and that it was company policy.
    The next day I called the T-Mobile customer support number, and they unlocked it for me over the phone with no problems whatsoever.

9. clydesplace says:

Never ever take for granted what you are told on the phone is the policy of the brick and mortar Best Buy. Never ever take for granted that the sales clerk policy is the same as what the department manager’s policy is at Best Buy. Never ever take for granted that the Department Manager’s policy at Best Buy is the same as the clerk’s policy in the return department. Never ever take for granted that the clerk’s policy at the service desk is the same as the head of the Service department’s. Never ever…..well you get my drift.

• Latentius says:

That’s taking it a bit too far. The phone rep was definitely in the wrong, but only slightly. Best Buy *does* buy back old electronics. The catch here is that they don’t buy back individual accessories, which the phone rep really should have known.

As for the CS/GS confusion in the store, I imagine it’s partly a miscommunication with the customer on what, specifically, she wanted to do (I can easily see it coming off as the mother wanting to do a full return on an unopened item), and partly that the in-store employees knew that they don’t take back individual accessories, and thus weren’t sure what the lady wanted to do.

• clydesplace says:

Uh…no. I actually had this horrible experience where absolutely nobody could get on the same page. It happened last year, and I haven’t been in a Best Buy since.

• Latentius says:

Do you mind sharing any details, just out of curiosity? Like, was this misunderstanding of some obscure detail, or something that should be fairly common; was it a minor discrepancy or a major one, etc.?

Not that it makes any real difference, especially this much later, but I always appreciate a learning opportunity. Knowing how things went wrong in the past helps to avoid them–or similar situations–in the future.

• clydesplace says:

It’s hard, because there are a lot of details. I may still have the article on a hard drive about it I was going to send here then decided not to. I ended up kind of settling with them, just to get rid of the stress which due to health problems I just couldn’t deal with it anymore.

It had to do with their Tuxedo Warranty on their cell phones and just trying to summarize it won’t give you the full perspective. It involved four visits to their store (60 miles round trip each time) and numerous hours on the phone at home and even when I was in the store. If you post here regularly, I’ll try to get back to you. I was going to post the story on my blog at one time, but continual health problems and not wanting to visit that territory again has kept me from it and really slowed me down. But your interest may have rejuvenated mine as well. Didn’t want you to think I was ignorning you.

So I will see what I can do in the next couple of weeks and try to get back to you.

10. dourdan says:

nooo do no do buy back, they will give you less then 50% of the actual price. sell it on ebay. there you at least have a chance at a decent return

• Latentius says:

Do not confuse Trade-In and Buy Back. They are separate programs. Trade-In is open to anyone and will offer you money for your old devices. The offers are frequently low, but that’s understandable–the items have to be re-sold, and there still has to be some profit margin. You’d probably get more selling it yourself online, but that requires that you know how to use eBay and are comfortable doing so, which many people (especially older ones) are not.

There is a separate Buy Back program, though. This is something you pay into when you purchase a device. It is useful if you upgrade frequently. The program provides for a higher return on your electronics–up to 50% if you act within 6 months and the product is still in good condition, and up to 20% for 24 months. Perhaps not an amazing return, but it’s a solid deal if you always like to have the latest gadgets and don’t want to put a lot of effort into selling the old items on your own.

11. foodfeed says:

I don’t understand why the conversation didn’t end after the rep said no to a two year old return? Did she read her receipt?
    Seems like her best bet is selling it online or throwing a yard sale.

• Latentius says:

Best Buy *does* buy back old electronics–laptops, cell phones, MP3 players, etc. That’s probably what the phone rep was thinking about. However, the phone rep made a very basic mistake, because they do not buy back individual accessories.

• foodfeed says:

My guess is that the caller asked about what options are available and the rep mentioned these programs as sometimes being applicable to similar situations.
        Based on the age of the item and that her call was to the corporate number I think she was either looking for an exception to policy or really needed the money.

12. dvdcowboy says:

I just bought a dishwasher from BB, even though it was like $100 cheaper there, it was not worth the grief I got from customer service.

13. Latentius says:

Hrm…sounds to me like the person on the phone was using language that was too vague, and the ones in the store were being too strict.

That is, Best Buy can “buy back” old electronics, but there’s also a specific program called “Buy Back” which is something you opt into at purchase (the point of which is being able to get more money back guaranteed if you have a high turnover with your gadgets due to an aggressive upgrading strategy).

To me, it sounds like the phone rep was trying to be helpful, urging the customer to go into the store and hopefully getting some trade-in value, rather than simply being stuck with an extra charger. That having been said, it sounds like the phone rep could also use some more training, since individual accessories generally aren’t accepted.

Like so many other “horror stories,” this one does indeed sound like a genuine mistake, but one that lacks any real impact. Yes, it’s sad that the OP’s time was wasted, which can definitely be annoying, but it’s hardly a capital offense.

This story would be much better put to use being sent to Best Buy Corporate–preferrably with the phone rep’s name, if at all possible–than it is being sent into a site like this. Send it to BBY, and at worst it will be ignored, at best it will be put to use for better training. Here? It’s just gonna lead to more ineffective complaints.

14. hammond egger says:

I went to Best Buy last Sunday to look for an iPad 3 case and to check out bluetooth speakers. I was wandering around for about 20 minutes, nobody had asked me if I needed help when a female employee approached me with a clipboard. She didn’t ask if I needed help, she just asked if I was a current DirecTV subscriber. When I told her I had Dish and was currently in the middle of a two year contract, she just turned and walked away. I eventually walked up to another employee and asked where their bluetooth speakers were. He showed me some headphones. I said I wasn’t interested in headphones, I wanted to look at some bluetooth speakers. He said they didn’t carry any. I thanked him and turned to walk away. Before I got to the end of the aisle I saw several different bluetooth speakers on the left.
    Best Buy doesn’t give the slightest shit about customer service or product knowledge. They just want people who will attempt to upsell you anything and everything they possibly can.

• Latentius says:

First off, you are talking about a DirecTV employee, not a Best Buy employee. As in not paid by Best Buy, and not trained or otherwise required to act as a Best Buy sales associate. You can argue the merits of having vendor representatives in store, but please don’t blame one company for the actions of someone they don’t employ.

Second–and this is far too often overlooked–notice how that vendor rep stopped bugging you after you said you were already happy with your current service. Too many people accuse Best Buy of pressuring unwanted sales, but this sounds more like someone respecting your desire to no longer be bothered over DirecTV. Now, if your complaint is that they walked away without further helping you, see above.

Third…all right, now this is an actual, legitimate complaint. The employee should have either known what products were available, or should have sought out additional help. (Assuming that there wasn’t a confusion about what you were looking for.)

And lastly, you complain (ignorantly) about employees only caring about upselling anything and everything, and yet all the evidence you have presented points to the contrary. The NON-BBY employee who tried selling you DirecTV backed off immediately when you said you weren’t interested, and you don’t mention anyone else trying to “upsell” anything. This leaves me wondering where you pulled this comment from. My guess is that it’s drawn from reading stories like the ones featured on this site, which breed an irrational, non-evidence-based hatred for certain companies.

So yes, the one employee who didn’t know about the bluetooth speakers was uninformed (at best) or incompetent (at worst). The rest of your complain, however, is completely invalid and uncalled for.

15. Press1forDialTone says:

Isn’t it obvious that Best Buy’s telephone customer service would have
    only one goal –> get the customer to go to a Best Buy STORE where
    they can be jacked around in person and possible conned into buying
    something they don’t need or really want.
    BB D-bags all and remember the new term sweeping the InterWebs:
    C-bags (colostomy bags and you know what’s in there)

16. NightRider23 says:

I will admit that I WAS a former BBY worker, and worked as a supervisor for a time of 2 yrs. What I can tell you, is that even thought the store and the customer service (1-888 line) have the same systems, the call center has no Idea about the store policys. They will tell a customer to return a 4 year old tv just for the hell of it. When I had certain duties, I dealt with the issue at least 3 times a week

Bottom line: Company has so screwed up, they couldn’t find a the keys to the store if it was in front of their face. And this comes from a former employee. Who worked in management at one of the busiest stores in the company