Who would want to burn beef jerky? Sure, it’s dry, but it’s not the best tinder and besides, it’s delicious and arson is bad. A clerk at Walgreens recently saved the store from a fire when he discovered burning bags of beef and put out the fire.
It all went down in Waterloo, Iowa, according to WCFCourier.com, when a 15-year-old kid allegedly lit two bags of jerky on fire with a cigarette letter. His smoky work went unnoticed at first, until a clerk found the fire and “extinguished the flame by blowing on it,” say cops.
No need for fancy fire extinguishers when a good huff and puff will get the job done, eh?
The kid was caught on surveillance cameras lighting the fire with a cigarette lighter from the store on his way out, and was later arrested for first-degree arson.
*Thanks for the link, Kosmo!
Drug store clerk puts out burning jerky bags [WCFCourier.com]