Consumerist Friday Flickr Finds

Here are ten of the best photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, picked for usability in a Consumerist post or just plain neatness.

Day 049/365 - Extinguishers
(#2 – Great Beyond)

Sale In A Sale Shop Selling Sale Signs
(#3 – the justified sinner)

Mercury Beat
(#4 – philografy)

Stem Cell Research Gone Wrong
(#5 – [F]oxymoron)

Negative Space
(#6 – JoelZimmer)

March 14th, 2012 - Farting Rainbows and Puppies
(#7 – guidedbycthulhu)

On pins and needles
(#8 – MarkAClem)

pile of red
(#9 – Muffet)

Endless Journey
(#10 – w4nd3rl0st)

Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr Pool, and perhaps they’ll be featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. Back to waiting, but I did get a cute dragon ear cuff says:

Arby’s for the fast food win. My first choice if I need to chose. Just bummed that they killed the poppers (at least in my market).

• Hi_Hello says:

they’ll be back.

• dolemite says:

I’m one of the few that agree with you. No one else I know loves Arbies like I do.

• scoosdad says:

I stopped going when they dropped potato cakes in my local Arby’s.

America’s Roast Beef Yes Sir!

• Hi_Hello says:

they brought the potato cakes over here!!! how about you send us the poppers and we’ll send you the potato cakes??

• catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

i’m still holding out faint hope that the Rax Roast Beef chain will be resurrected. i remember the sauces as being tastier

• AndrewSP says:

Oh man yes. I still prefer Rax to Arby’s. Even though I’m only 5 minutes from an Arby’s, I’m still willing to drive 45 minutes to get to the closest Rax sometimes.

Clearly, I need a life.

• LBD "Nytetrayn" says:

I only ever had Rax once, when I was a kid. I’ve always wanted to go again, but it seems that is but a dream now.

For some reason, near as I can tell, my parents didn’t like it.

• zerogspacecow says:

I used to work there, and I still eat there all the time. That should give you an idea of the cleanliness and quality.

• Libertas says:

I haven’t had good poppers since the 70′s.

2. Back to waiting, but I did get a cute dragon ear cuff says:

Hey, #10 is walking on the right. Obviously not a tourist on the DC Metro system.

• LanMan04 says:

Those rules only apply on escalators/moving walkway.

Stand on right, walk on left. I only lived in NoVA for 2 years and that’s ingrained in my brain forever.

• dolemite says:

Oh , so that’s where all the people that don’t know how to walk are coming from. Walk like you drive.

3. Blueskylaw says:

Excuse me, did your SALE start today?

4. Costner says:

#4 is neat. It would have been even better with a high polish “truck brand” wrench.

#8 would give me a headache due to the very shallow DOF. It just seems off somehow.

The fact a stereotypical and/or cliche bowl of fruit (yes kids – the tomato is techically a fruit) is considered one of the top ten photos of the week makes he hope that there were only ten photos submitted this week. Otherwise I pity those who didn’t make the cut…. they were robbed.

5. comedian says:

Ironically all signs are at full price.

6. Robofish says:

#5 makes me think of little big planet

• vorpalette says:

Ahh yes! I have some of those dolls–they’re vending machine string dolls. :) I probably started buying them because they subconsciously reminded me of LBP.

• Hi_Hello says:

I got the monkey king when I was on vacation. They are called voodoo dolls over there..but strings something something over here.

7. Annika-Lux says:

I have a photo of the same type of super-vintage Arby’s sign on my Flickr, but the one that I took a picture of is in Santa Monica.

• poco says:

The store up the street from my house used to have one of the vintage cowboy hat signs. they took it down and replaced it with a modern one. What a mistake…

• MaytagRepairman says:

I was going to say I think there is one in Tacoma. Then I clicked on the photo credit and well what do you know, the photo was taken in Tacoma.

8. momtimestwo says:

Back when I was a kid in the 70′s, I lived with my grandmother and every payday she would take me to Arby’s. That was a splurge to us, and I would get those wonderful fries and a roast beef with a ton of their horseradish sauce. Great memories.

9. HogwartsProfessor says:

Yay old Arby’s sign! I love them, although I’m mad they took away the loaded potato bites. They might bring them back; they did bring the chocolate turnovers back. :)

10. missminimonster says:

The Arby’s in downtown Wichita Falls (TX) still has that sign as of last year. It also has the old mosaic tile, etc.

11. IraAntelope says:

Sorry. I did not realize the Arby’s sign was vintage until I read the comments. Great pics.