If you have a Kohl’s charge card and like to have a paper statement but also check your account online…well, tough. As part of what looks like a push to get customers to opt out of receiving bills in the mail, the good times of having two different ways to access one’s account are over. If you want paper bills, you’ll have to surrender your access to the site.
Kevin, the reader who sent us this e-mail, notes, “Kohl’s Charge has taken ‘Please opt out of our paper statements,’ to a new level… So it’s either online or paper but not both. Very hard core of a company to take this stance.”
Dear Kohl’s Charge Customer,
Thank you for being a Kohl’s Charge Card customer! We value our
relationship and are excited to let you know we are upgrading our systems. This will allow us to provide enhanced features to our My Kohl’s Charge Website. Some of the features include:
- We will now provide your monthly statements in PDF format, which can be viewed using Adobe¬Æ Acrobat¬Æ Reader¬Æ. This will allow for improved printing and saving capability. Please click here to download Adobe¬Æ Acrobat¬Æ Reader¬Æ for your convenience.
- Increased security measures will be implemented. You will be required to set up security questions after March 5, 2012, for your protection.
- Enhanced payment history screens will be available.
- Real Time capability to see unbilled activity has been added.
- Increased password complexity has been implemented for your security. You will need to establish a new password on or after March 5, 2012.
As of March 5 we will only be able to provide you one form of your statement, either paper or online. If you prefer to receive paper statements you can continue to do so, but your electronic version of your statement will not be available on My Kohl’s Charge. All other functionality remains the same. Remember, you always have the ability to opt out of paper statements, which will allow you to retain your easy access online. This results in your ability to view the statement
In order to complete our upgrade, we want to inform you of some upcoming events in advance.
- During the period of February 28 until March 5, we will not be able to accept customer requested changes through the site and transactions made during this period will not be viewable until March 5.
- From 5 PM (CST) on March 4 until 6 AM (CST) on March 5 we will not be able to accept payments through the site.
- After March 5 if you require a copy of previous statements, please contact Customer Service at 800-564-5740 or email us at Customer.Service@kohls.com.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during our upgrade process. We look forward to creating a better My Kohl’s Charge experience for you in the near future.
Kohl’s Customer Service