Automated Cupcake Machine Now Available 24 Hours For Sugar Emergencies

Have you ever said to yourself at one in the morning, “I could really use some cupcakes,” but didn’t want to bake them yourself? Well, if you have the ability to get to Beverly Hills, cupcakery Sprinkles now has a pink cupcake kiosk installed outside of their store where you can buy fresh cupcakes, mixes, and even cupcakes for your dog. Of course there are cupcakes for your dog.

Here’s what it looks like:

cake.jpg

A bakery spokesperson explained to LAist:

This automatic cupcake machine dispenses freshly baked cupcakes, cupcake mixes, apparel and even cupcakes for Fido! In the heart of Beverly Hills nestled between Sprinkles Cupcakes and the brand new Sprinkles Ice Cream, 24 Hour Sprinkles will be continuously restocked day and night with a variety of freshly baked cupcake flavors.

Sprinkles Announces 24-Hour-Cupcake Access, Ice Cream Shop [LAist] (via Laughing Squid – thanks, Sarah!)

Comments

1. Rainicorn with baby bats says:

Gah, I wish so much that I could live nearby. ;_;

2. LightningUsagi says:

That is the happiest vending machine I’ve ever seen.

3. Cat says:

What’s all the fuss about cuppycakes? I just don’t get it.

• TheMansfieldMauler says:

You get less and pay more! So they’re … you know … trendy!

• petepuma02 says:

I’m right there with you. Here in Dayton, OH, at least 6 of these joints must have opened in the last year. The trendiness of it just turns me off. $3.50 for a cupcake??!!?

• webweazel says:

I don’t know about that specific store/brand mentioned, but I agree. We have a cupcake place down here that fills the cupcakes and does lots of flavor combinations which might sound like a great win. We have tried them in the past, and yes, about $3 for a cupcake. Which wouldn’t be bad if it was delicious, but it’s not. The cake is usually D-R-Y as pound cake and the whole thing can smell good, but ends up pretty flavorless with a big dose of greasiness. I am pretty sure they make their frosting with tons of shortening. UGH. This is one case where I can honestly say, for the bingo, that I make my own cupcakes at home.

• Platypi {Redacted} says:

Agreed. I have a friend that opened a cupcakery, and even with the fillings, the cake is always dry. I asked about it, and that apparently is intentional, and in line with a certain type of cake recipe. My thought is they should update the recipe! I want to support the friend, but at $3.50 for a regular sized cupcake, it is hard to justify. Someone likes them, as the business has been doing great!
          Give me a nice, moist cake with a moderate about of frosting and I am happy. They do, however, make a pretty nice buttercream frosting (more butter than shortening, still not good for you), and some pretty cool edible decorations.

• some.nerd says:

Give me a funfetti cake with a moderate-to-light amount of funfetti icing (with the fake colored chips and all) and I am happy as a clam.

• Difdi says:

Well, for one thing, they’re more American than apple pie.

• Laura Northrup says:

Good. More for me.

4. George4478 says:

I hope they don’t put these in airports. To the TSA, it’d be the same as having a dynamite dispenser.

5. CrankyOwl says:

I think this is officially the best thing since sliced bread.

6. lucyrickyalex says:

Will I be charged for using an out-of-network ACM?

What if I want to make a deposit?

I smell a David Letterman Top Ten List. “Top Ten Questions to Ask Yourself Before Using a Cupcake ATM”. At least two of the jokes will be funny.

7. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDave‚Ñ¢ says:

Those walls with holes in them? That’s how they keep the baker locked in. It’s like a prison.

8. crispyduck13 says:

“Of course there are cupcakes for your dog.”

Shit, in Beverly Hills I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a 24 hour kiosk for dog antidepressants and $200 wrinkle cream for your Sphynx

9. Princess Beech loves a warm cup of treason every morning says:

Where’s JennyCupcakes? I expected her to be in here before everyone else. :)

I love cupcakes, but not too much frosting. Right now I always have a daily dosage of Hostess choco cupcake to go with coffee.

10. Hi_Hello says:

how much?

it’s just like the bread atm machine….. but with cupcakes… I”ll buy it, if it’s was 50 cent or something a piece.

11. foofie says:

Cupcakes, so sweet and tasty
    Cupcakes, don’t be too hasty
    Cupcakes
    CUPCAKES CUPCAKES CUPCAKES

12. Invalid_User_Name says:

I bought the doggie cupcake for my dog on his birthday once, and he didn’t stop smacking his chops for 10 minutes after. He had a very happy birthday :-)

13. eezy-peezy says:

Finally! The voice of the American public has been heard. Now, when is one coming to my neighborhood?

14. some.nerd says:

I hope these cupcakes are actually good, and not those “gourmet” ones that consist of a 1-inch thick cake with a 6-inch high mountain of icing… those ones make me sick. BLAH

15. SeattleSeven says:

I saw this all over the damn news the other night.

So a machine that automatically dispenses junk food when you give it money… Genius! Why hasn’t anyone ever thought of this before?!?!?! This is big news people.

16. pixiegirl says:

17. pixiegirl says:

I was so excited when they opened on in Chicago because I’ve heard that they were so good. They are okay they have a nice cake to frosting ratio but nothing to write home about and way over priced they were like $5 a piece i can only imagine they ATM cupcakes will cost more because of the “connivence” factor.

18. packy says:

“Of course there are cupcakes for your dog.”

I’m surprised, Laura! You live in the land of Bettie’s Cakes, which (amongst other delectable cupcake varieties) makes Puppie Cuppies (cupcakes safe for dogs).