School Fixes Typo On Menu Hawking White Supremacist Chicken Tenders

“Hey, kids! Want something tasty for lunch this week? How about some KKK Chicken Tenders? Oh. Oh NO. We meant Krispy and Krunchy.” So it went at four grammar schools in Massachusetts after a terrible mistake in menus that were sent out to 6,5000 students.

WBZ in Boston says the menu for school lunches was supposed to advertise “KK Chicken Tenders,” but the woman who typed it accidentally added an extra “K.” And we all know what three K’s together means — nothing good and definitely not how you want to describe chicken.

The typo went unnoticed until someone pointed out the mistake to the media the next day, whereupon the menus were immediately republished.

It seems the woman who made the typo won’t be in too much trouble, as the superintendent said she’s an “exemplary employee.”

Methuen Fixes ‘KKK Chicken’ Type On School Lunch Menu [WBZ]

Comments

1. HomerSimpson says:

Hey, the chicken’s good enough for David Duke. All I need to know!

2. Hi_Hello says:

media? couldn’t they point it out to the school first?

• nishioka says:

Maybe somebody has it out for the school superintendent or something.

• Hoss says:

Superintendent Bufford T Justice III is a fine man

• HoJu says:

Our superintendent is great. She has very few people against her and is a thousand times better than the person that she replaced. The broad that did this is just some busybody bored housewife trying to inject a little excitement into her life.

• Republicrat says:

Some people don’t react rationally to these types of issues and immediately think there is a evil conspiracy going on. IMO that’s the most likely explanation.

3. josephbloseph says:

Wouldn’t have been a problem if they elected to spell crispy and crunchy correctly. Seriously, intentional misspelling at a skool?

• josephbloseph says:

Just remembered that Simpson’s episode with that Krusty special, “Krusty’s Komedy Klassic” at the Apollo.

• Kuri says:

But, but, they HAVE to be hip and trendy, even if the trends are several years old! /s

• AllanG54 says:

Yeah…well what about Krispy Kremes.

• Razor512 says:

Public school is the only system that teaches to the test, slips students the answers, allows them to cheat, and still manages to fail. The menu is the least of their worries.

• flarn2006 says:

That’s a Simpsons reference, right?

• Razor512 says:

not sure, it is more based on my experience. In high school, during the regents exam, the teachers left some “hints” on the board during the physics exam.

Frequent bathroom breaks meant answers written on the walls of the bathroom

During the months before the exams, most of the lessons involved some lecture and going over past regents exams

The same happened for the math regents

the passing rate was still so poor that they broke the school up into 4 schools (which makes no since since it is still the same build and all it means is they are now paying for 4 principals and their office staff overhead, (before it was broken up into 3 schools, (I bet that 4th school fixed everything)

• YouDidWhatNow? says:

I distinctly remember my mom facepalming herself once when she saw a sign on a lawnmower in a yard directly across the street from our school.

The owner, wanting to inform others of his intention to divest himself of said lawnmower, hand-wrote a sign for it that read “4 SELL.”

• flychinook says:

I recently saw a minivan on the way to work with “4 SELE” written on all the windows.

I still don’t know who Sele is. I hope he eventually claimed his minivan.

• smhatter says:

Exactly. Simple problem, simple solution.

• YouDidWhatNow? says:

Oh…and perhaps more to this point…

When I was in school, our menu was so bent on being totally “correct” that they wouldn’t even call a hot dog a “hot dog.” It was “weiner on bun.”

…which of course did nothing but cause all of us to giggle uncontrollably anyway.

• Dallas_shopper says:

This.

Came here to point that out.

4. Hoss says:

Oh, then it’s CCC Tenders

• longfeltwant says:

Seriously. The real scandal here is that a SCHOOL spelled ‘crispy’ and ‘crunchy’ wrong.

• DubbaEwwTeeEff says:

If they’d gone with the CCC Tenders they open themselves up to a different typo – CCCP Tenders. In Soviet Russia, tenders fry you?

5. Cat says:

oone of the pproblemsd resulting from fat ffingers.

6. lehrdude says:

I blame the O.P.P.

7. Invader Zim says:

We wouldnt be here if it were a qqq typo. Odd but not newsworthy.

8. Hoss says:

“KKK is the abbreviation for the Ku Klux Klan, a white supremacist, racist organization.”

There can’t be an American that needs this explained, can there?

• mauispiderweb says:

I dunno … American is the land of the free and home of the ignorant, sometimes.

• Lyn Torden says:

Sure there are. But they both know about it now.

• Veeber says:

I don’t make assumptions like that anymore when I’ve got customers asking me the difference between Asian and Chinese

• Kuchen says:

I was getting report on a patient a few weeks ago and the off-going nurse said that the patient would need an interpreter for discharge instructions. I asked what language and the response I got was “Asian”. I gave her a hard time about it.

• Invader Zim says:

Who needed it explained? Its a typo.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

I can’t wait for the day it’s considered a given that we DO have to explain it to someone, because the topic is such a historical oddity.

9. Cat says:

What? They should have forced her to undergo three grueling weeks of mandatory sensitivity training at a government re-education camp for this typo.

10. DerangedHermit says:

It wouldn’t have been such a problem if they hadn’t served the lunch with a slice of watermelon.

11. umbriago says:

I don’t know, aren’t the chicken tenders in the picture on a WHITE SHEET?

Some people get bent out of shape over the silliest things. A typo is only that, a typo.

12. keith4298 says:

6,5000 students? That seems like an impossible number of kids.

13. crispyduck13 says:

I’m way more offended that a school is intentionally misspelling things on official mailings. Who are they trying to impress with that? Are the Kardashians hawking chicken nuggets now?

I wonder how many parents would lose their shit if they added Kristmas Kookies to the menu in December?

14. MutantMonkey says:

Now is you is or is you ain’t my constituency?

15. The Twilight Clone says:

Speaking of typos, how many students is 6,5000?

16. AcctbyDay says:

6,5000 students?

17. Lyn Torden says:

Media FAIL. They missed the problem with how much fat they are feeding children when we have an epidemic of childhood obesity. That and if they had spelled crispy and crunchy properly, the typo would not have happened as it did (does “CCC” mean anything bad?).

• anchorworm is really sick of Minnesota weather says:

I have family that would claim, and seriously mean it, that the school was trying to indoctrinate the children into socialist work camps. After all, the Civilian Conservation Corps was a socialist New Deal program brought about by FDR, who was the worst president that this country has ever had. I swear, I am not making that last line up. I have actually been told this more than once.

• failurate says:

Is it possible that the people who told this to you more than once made it up?

The CCC saved a whole lot of lives, put earned bread on the table for thousands. Too many people were out of work and idle. It put people to work, they produced many fantastic things, several National and State park lodges were built by the CCC, and they fed their families.

When the war came we had people who were work hardened, and ready to go, instead of soft, unskilled, and un-ready.

You can look at it with a narrow mind as socialism, but it was people working, being productive and earning a paycheck when the “job creators” were busy failing their country. If there was a better job available the people participating in the CCC would have taken it. But there was nothing.

• failurate says:

Miss-read your post… and then ranted like an idiot. Pretty much par for the course for me.

• Cat says:

All they remember of that time was that it sucked. And the President was FDR. He was the person in charge was therefore responsible, right?

Is any of this sounding familiar?

• kc2gvx says:

Civilian Conservation Corps!
      Thanks President Roosevelt.

18. moyawyvern says:

I am not terribly surprised to hear that this happened in Methuen. I grew up in a bordering town.

19. Cat says:

Krispy and Krunchy FRIED CHICKEN tenders? That’s some racist shit right there.

Word.

20. Cicadymn says:

I bet they were made with WHITE MEAT too.

Freaking racist chickens.

• AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

Wow, all the way down here is the first “white meat” post? C’mon guys! Get with it!

21. bitslammer says:

How about they spell the damn words correctly. Crispy & Crunchy. While there at it make sure you tell kids it’s night, not nite and not to use all the other stupid intentional misspellings.

22. Blueskylaw says:

Nobody’s ever hear of the Kernels Krispy Krunchy chicken?

• RecordStoreToughGuy_RidesTheWarpOfSpaceIntoTheWombOfNight says:

Quite popular at Krusty’s Komedy Kavalcade, actually.

23. Kuri says:

I thought intentionally misspelling words wasn’t hip anymore, then again, this is school staff doing it.

24. gargunkle says:

Can the school fix the typo on the 6,5000 number?

(You need an editor.)

25. Such an Interesting Monster says:

I’m guessing they’re all white meat?

26. The Porkchop Express says:

What? Strike out chicken? what does that even mean?

Or do they not use K’s anywhere anymore?

27. SavijMuhdrox says:

no problem with serving deep fried fat for lunch. Health/PE Class FAIL

no problem being unable to spell crispy or crunchy. English Class FAIL.. twice.

no problem serving lunch to 6,5000 students.. Math Class FAIL

But wait, these tenders are F’ing Racist!!! Of course, THAT’S why this school system sucks.

28. tomok97 says:

I just thought that meant the chicken tenders were all white meat.

29. Jane_Gage says:

Moar like Aw HELL no.

30. kosmo @ The Soap Boxers says:

Maybe the mistake was the inclusion of the word “chicken”.

KKK Tenders today, Soylent Green tomorrow.

31. Maltboy wanders aimlessly through the Uncanny Valley says:

Obviously a Freudian slip from a closet racist. Execute her immediately.

32. Gehasst says:

So they make a mistake, then you make a killer typo? Awesome! Mary Beth Quick seems to have a typo about every other story.

6,5000 ? WOW!

33. Antediluvian says:

I still cannot believe a stupid typo made the news _anywhere_, never mind here.
    KK is just shorthand for Krispy Krunchy, which is a BRAND NAME. That’s why it’s spelled stupidly — like the Syfy chanel.

If you’re going to make a big deal out of a typo, at least make it one that’s _funny_.
    Can’t someone think of something clever involving repeated letters (say, the letter D) and parts of chickens?

34. StarKillerX says:

Am in the only one to find it ironic that this site has the nerve to print a story about a typo someone else made?

Even without the “6,5000″ part I still had to laugh about it as my first thought was “Well if she gets fired for due to the typo should could also go to work typing up stories for this site as they’ve shown they don’t care about typos.” lol!

35. kursk says:

What’s the big deal? They named their chicken tenders after a German turbocharger company.
    Oh, wait, wrong KKK.

36. Press1forDialTone says:

I find it hard to believe that an ‘exemplary employee’ would make this
    kind of mistake without meaning to, probably for a laugh in extremely
    bad taste.

37. HoJu says:

Guess who’s kid brought one of these home this week…. THIS GUYYYYYS!

This is so much nothing it’s ridiculous. All it takes is one toolbag to try to stir the pot. It was a mistake. A simple “whoops! Sorry about that.” is all that was in order. I don’t appreciate the school being pressured to use my tax dollars to reprint fucking menus.

So stupid.

38. CrazyEyed says:

If someone got offended by a typo then they can go get a life.

39. MileHighCritic says:

“Chickens have come home to roost.”
    X