Free Pancakes Tomorrow At IHOP

We know that many of you will be observing National Pancake Day tomorrow by spending time with your family and other loved ones, visiting your local pancake memorial/monument and generally pondering what Pancake Day means to you. But if you also want to eat pancakes, IHOP is once again rolling out the free short stacks.

While you scarf down the free pancakes tomorrow, IHOP is hoping you’ll also drop a donation for the Children’s Miracle Network. The restaurant chain says it’s raised nearly $8 million for charities since it started the free pancake program in 2006, and hopes to raise $2.7 million this year alone.

Comments

1. El_Fez says:

Shockingly, last year was pretty light when I went. Of course I hit the restaurant at 7 in the morning, so the crowd driven mad by the free pancakes hadn’t shown up yet.

2. dolemite says:

I’m waiting for all the stories of people that ate free pancakes and gave a penny, just to “stick it to the man” or some nonsense.

3. Cat says:

Note to self: Avoid IHOP tomorrow. Same as any other day.

• elangomatt says:

My reaction too, well not the every other day part. I don’t mind some IHOP once in a while. It is especially good after midnight. Don’t know the last time I was there during normal breakfast hours.

• Cat says:

The last time I was there, the service was terrible, the food was overpriced.

And that’s why it was the last time I was there.

• hoi-polloi says:

The service has been hit or miss at the IHOPs here, but I agree that the food is overpriced. There are a few really good independent breakfast joints in my area. The prices are comparable or better, and the quality of the food is better. Now and then some IHOP concoctions sound good, but going once a year or so is plenty for me.

I make good pancakes, and unintentionally celebrated a day early. We had cinnamon pancakes with maple syrup and cinnamon apples last night. There are a few left in the fridge, so the celebration may continue later.

• Jules Noctambule says:

The IHoP closest to me is surprisingly amazing. I’ve never had anything but excellent service and the food always comes out exactly as ordered, right down to the crispiness of the hash browns. Denny’s, on the other hand, I wouldn’t spit on if it were on fire.

• framitz says:

Same as EVERY other day, thanks.
      Lunch was almost two hours ago, but mention of IHop still makes my stomach squirm in revulsion.

4. caradrake says:

The IHOP near is is *never* busy. We’re usually one of about three or four tables. Even when they did this last year, there were only a couple of people.

5. HogwartsProfessor says:

I thought that was last week…

Does it count if I make my own pancakes at home?

6. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Note to Self: Increase standard minimum safe driving distance from nearby IHOPs.

7. Cor Aquilonis says:

No thanks, free pancakes are still to expensive. I have to be paid to have that sort of heartburn.

8. eezy-peezy says:

I make my own at home and use IHOP’s recipe. And I can get a long stack if I want. Not worth the gas to drive there for my “free” pancakes.

9. aleck says:

Refined, processed flour covered with artificially flavored HFCS and hydrogenated oil. I’ll have to be paid to eat that.

10. LoFiDave says:

The real pancake Tuesday (aka Shrove Tuesday) was last week but I forgot about so this is more of a “make up” day for me.

11. RiverStyX says:

Not biting, they still owe me money in unpaid wages from over 10 years ago..Corporate wouldn’t help me since they’re all independently owned – each place just rents the name. Anyway, what a nightmare..I was a dishwasher working the graveyard shift somewhere outside of houston. Didn’t get a single check until long after they replaced me with somebody else, and it was far from the right amount. Forgive me for sounding racist – I’m totally not – but the place was ran by a couple of arabs in suits who have no sense of responsibility. Place has no ethics either – The family members they hired to be waiters were driving around in beemers, while the ones who’ve been there for 10 years were still putzing around in volvo’s and buicks. It was not hard to see who was getting ripped off and who was profiting.

It’s not like you’re all missing out on anything if you can’t make it there, most of their stuff is frozen or just add water. Honestly you’re better off with just-add-water bisquick, at least you wont have to waste gas..which is over $4 a gallon here in socal.

I was offered a free meal every night while working there and from what I’ve seen in terms of quality control and cleanliness, I was better off bringing bologna and cheese instead. The way the cook appeared and worked scarred me for life from ever going to this company again, it’s like he learned his craft from prison mess-halls.

• almightytora says:

And why didn’t you go to your Labor department office and filed a claim?

I had an issue with a company who decided to not pay their employees on time. I left after they owed me over $1,000. They slowly started paying me back until about $250 left owing me. Then their check bounced, and I went to their store a couple months later. They got evicted.

I immediately went to the Labor department office, found out where the owner lived, and filed a claim. She immediately sent the $250 to the Labor department, then they gave it to me.

You were just too lazy to act.

12. ridgerat says:

Wow…..what a bunch of assholes you people are.

Didn’t your momma teach you “If you don’t have something nice to say, then don’t say anything.”??

13. DemosCat says:

I’ll fix my own pancakes at home, thank you. At least pancakes are easy to make yourself.

Now doughnuts! That’s another matter. Looking forward to National Doughnut Day (the first Friday in June). :-D

14. kataisa says:

I hate free-anything days. The riff-raff practically riot for free pancakes or fried chicken. Those are the days that restaurants are avoided by civilized people at all costs.