Keep Those Worst Company In America Nominations Coming!

It’s only been a few days since we first asked you to send us your nominations for this year’s Worst Company In America tournament and already we’ve been inundated with responses. But there is still plenty of time left to rally your friends, family, neighbors and random strangers to include your least favorite company in the 2012 WCIA bracket.

Send your nominations to WCIA@consumerist.com before 5 p.m. ET on March 2.

As always, nominated companies must regularly provide goods and services to American consumers.

In order for nominations to count, they must be e-mailed. Nominations left in the comments will not be counted.

The brackets will be announced March 12. Voting will begin March 13.

Comments

1. Keep talking...I'm listening says:

I would like to strongly encourage nominations for ‘Rachel from Card Services’ this year. I have no idea who the hell she is or what company she’s representing, but she would be a shoo (and I do mean shoo) in for the golden poo.

• a354174 says:

She has called me from 7 different numbers. After pressing 1 someone answers. If you say anything other than “yes” they hang up on you. Even “sure” gets a hangup. So I mess with them, give them made up credit card numbers, etc. When they say it doesn’t work I say “let me ask you a question?” they say “yes?” I say “can you take me off your list” they say “so the card isn’t real” I say “nope” they hang up.

They said they are called Associated Accounting Service.

2. caradrake says:

With this starting near V-Day, I wonder if there will be any florists in the brackets.

I can’t remember last year’s nominees – did any internet florist companies get enough nominations?

3. Coffee says:

I’d like to nominate Consumer Reports because they allowed Ben Popken to leave the fold, quickly leading to a spike in articles telling me how to train for a marathon.

4. Cat says:

I’d like to change my nomination from “BofA” to “UPS” after they delivered us a package, then turned around, backed into, and flattened my mailbox. Left without a word- and of course, nobody saw anything because they didn’t even ring the bell. (same as fed ex!) I know they did it, the driver must know, still, there’s no proof. Luckily I managed to salvage the box and what was left of the post, and I had a bucket and some cement so it’s set until spring.

The worst part, though, is that nailing my mailbox isn’t the UPS driver’s job, it’s the snowplow driver’s job, and he’ll be by to do it any day now.

• Nunov Yerbizness says:

Have the snowplower’s union get in touch with the UPS guy.

• lovemypets00 - You'll need to forgive me, my social filter has cracked. says:

Our neighborhood UPS guy likes to turn around in my driveway. Once he crushed my $4 solar light. I know, it’s only $4, but I was pissed.

• DemosCat says:

Hey, maybe the UPS driver is also your snowplow driver!

I’ve always called UPS United Parcel Smashers.

To that we can now add United Postbox Smashers.

5. Emerson says:

Call me crazy, but I wonder who would win the best company of America???

6. ChacoKevy says:

WCIA doesn’t feel right without Ben…

7. wojonet says:

Can we just give BofA, Comcats, Wal-Mart, etc. WCIA lifetime achievement awards so other companies can have a chance?

8. Torchwood says:

I have nominated the following:

[Redacted] – This company, engaged in multiple industries and in multiple towns, seems to show up quite often

FedEx / UPS – For engaging in the packing lobbing Olympics, leaving valuable packages without signatures, and such

Sony – For the Playstation Network

Bank Of America – Want something done? There is a fee for that.

Allegiant Air – A bank disguised as an airline with all of the hidden fees

Spirit Airways – See above

Best Buy – For cancelling Black Friday orders just days before Christmas

9. jerry101 says:

Not sure who I’d nominate yet, but I would recommend that the Golden Poo be renamed. When a team wins the super bowl, they don’t win the silver football on a post award. They win the Lombardi trophy.

So, I recommend that the golden poo be rechristened the Bank of America Poo (the BAP for short).

10. topgun says:

Since Mitt Romney thinks people are corporations, I’d like to nominate Congress.

11. jacobs cows says:

Costco

12. Coelacanth says:

Can Lady Melisandre visit Monsato and offer its Roundup-Ready seeds to R’hllor?

Hungary had the right idea last year…

13. scorched says:

I nominate Bank of America, for hiring a shady foreclosure law firm to sue everyone in my family after my mom had passed away, they tried to get summary judgement by falsely filing with the court that we agreed to pay the remaining mortgage, because they said they represented us as well as BOA! So after learning of this, each of our family members had to hire our own attorneys, to defend ourselves, on which none of us were listed on the mortgage in the first place, it was an estate with no money in it. We ended up successful, but empty of wallet, as we recovered none of our attorney fees, and had just paid to bury our mom. So a big FU goes to BOA

14. Mi Poo says:

I would like to nominate:
    Wells Fargo
    AT&T
    DirecTV
    NetFlix
    Bank of America
    Groupon
    Best Buy

Not necessarily in that order. They’ve all earned the title in one way or another. So many crappy companies, so little time.

15. echovictorecho says:

I second Congress.

16. Jeremy says:

Directv gets my vote for the worst company in America

17. loggg says:

Ought to allow TEPCO in this contest. You know, the company that ran the Fukushima nuclear power plant. They may operate only in Japan, but the fallout from Fukushima was worldwide, in more than one way.

18. Dallas_shopper says:

I nominate:

AT&T (for overpriced crappy U-verse that I’m afraid to cancel because of how badly they always screw up billing)

Sprint (for raising my cell phone bill EVERY MONTH and having CRAPPY coverage)

Chevron (for allowing thieving buttholes to constantly open gas stations with their name on them)

Kroger (for wanting to put a PAWN SHOP…oh, pardon me, GOLD AND SILVER EXCHANGE right inside the store in my neighborhood)

TXU (for having high electric rates and crappy service)

Atmos (for replacing the gas line in my alley but not hooking my gas back up when they were through…idiots).

19. duncanblackthorne says:

PayPal, for being a pseudo-bank without all that nasty taking-responsibility nonsense, having the audacity to think they can exercise censorship on their client companies, and in general for being owned by Ebay.