Helpful Stranger Delivers Your Mail, Curses Out Your Bank

It’s just plain heart-warming when a stranger does something nice for you. When Efrem’s box of new checks from Citibank went astray, the person who did receive them brought them by, with a helpful note about Efrem’s choice of financial institutions. “Citibank sucks,” the Good Samaritan wrote. “I would not trust [these] MFers with my money.”

The check printing service from Citibank’s website totally sent my checks to the wrong address and zip code. The checks were printed correctly. Whoever received them was kind enough to track me down and drop them off at my home, but not before adding an editorial comment!

citibanksucks.jpg

Comments

1. Fubish says: I don't know anything about it, but it seems to me... says:

Well, no argument here.

2. Cat says:

Why, thank you, helpful stranger!

3. scoosdad says:

“And in a further development, it was determined that it was the local postman who errantly delivered the checks who was the one who wrote the note. The postman, who was formerly employed as a TSA luggage inspector who lost his job under similar circumstances, is now looking for work for the second time in less than an year.”

/s– the part about the TSA inspector losing his job

• DariusC says:

Step 1: Write message on your check box claiming to be from concerned consumer.
      Step 2: Send to Consumerist with fake story.
      Step 3: Slander a bank (Profit!)

Seriously, like the McDonalds sign I kept seeing posted on facebook charging black people more for recent robberies. I’m not saying this is fake, i’m saying it’s entirely possible to fabricate this story just to get it accepted by consumerist. This story is more of a statement than a question. Yes, that’s nice. Can we get some real issues? We already know postal employees can be incompetent!

4. Dallas_shopper says:

I wouldn’t trust the USPS with my checks either. ;-)

5. MutantMonkey says:

Awesome stranger! Not only did this person do a good deed hunting down the actual owner of these checks, this person also made me feel a lot better about my handwriting.

6. chiieddy says:

Stranger is being helpful and helpful again. 3 cheers!

7. nandhp says:

Well, given that they mismailed the checks, I think they have a good point.

8. Invader Zim says:

How quickly will the OP want to send another check to yet another wrong address (courtesy Citibank address error) in the future? The scribbled note is the real message Citibank wants the OP to get. Thanks to a good Samaritan he got the message.

9. Lyn Torden says:

People still use checks?

• Dallas_shopper says:

Sadly, yes. I’ve written 3 checks in 2012…one to my contractor, one to my lawn people, and one to the Girl Scouts for their evil, evil cookies.

• dru_zod says:

Yes, people still write checks, buy DVDs, pay for cable TV, use land line telephones, read paper books, and hang washing outside on a line. Have I covered everything?

10. Murph1908 says:

Personnaly, I would not trust the opinion of someone with such poor handwriting, spelling, and grammar.

11. Major Tom Coming Home says:

As the king of passive aggressive acts, I heartily approve.

12. AngryK9 says:

lulz

13. Cacao says:

One time I fed the expired parking meter of a car that had ‘Cougar fan’ license plates. I left a note saying a Huskies fan fed his meter. I don’t really care about college football, I just wanted to create world peace. (Or irk him)

14. sspeedracer says:

Why do people still choose banks over credit unions?

15. Duke_Newcombe-Making children and adults as fat as pigs says:

Looks like they did you TWO solids that day. Heed their advice, and run…now!

16. Awesome McAwesomeness says: