Good News For Haters Of Smug Pigs: Angry Birds Now Flingable On Facebook

If you’re still rocking a flip phone or some other non-smartphone, heck, we’ll just call it a dumbphone, and have been aching to try slinging irate avians at smugly grinning, egg-eating pigs, today is your day. Angry Birds is officially heading to Facebook via an app on the social media network.

Game developer Rovio says there will be some added bonuses to playing on Facebook, including levels exclusive to the app and of course, social features so you can give your friends “mystery gifts” and brag about your high scores, according to USA Today.

A Sling Scope for more accurate flinging and Super Seeds to morph birds into ginormous winged missiles will also be available to purchase or gift to your pals.

Rovio also says they’ll hand out free power-ups to Facebook users who play the game between today and Feb. 16. So set your slingshots to “pyew, pyew!” and start firing away.

Angry Birds finally flock to Facebook [USA Today]

Comments

1. Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

Heh, something Google+ got before Facebook. Imagine that.

2. MutantMonkey says:

Anyone else over Angry Birds? Now it’s all about Tiny Tower and Wind-up Knight.

• Cat says:

When we got the Roku, my 6 year old daughter loved Angry Birds. For about a week, and she was over it.

Now she’d rather watch Netflix.

• bender123 says:

Yes…can it just die already? You can only fling so many birds at blocks before it gets really boring.

3. Mike says:

Fine. I’ll just say it. I HATE THIS FUCKING GAME. Yeah, I really do. I never understood why it became so popular. It is not that great. I have been playing video games for 30 years and while I can enjoy a good, little games, this one is just lame. It does not merit its popularity at all.

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

I don’t hate it, per se, but it’s definitely not special or anything. It’s just like every other vaguely-physics-based-artillery-Flash-game ever made.

• Mike says:

Yeah, I wanted to say I don’t really care about the game, but swearing like a sailor that it sucks is just so much more fun.

• Cat says:

The graphics are certainly better, but the game physics are exactly the same as a game I programmed in basic on a Timex-Sinclair in 1985.

4. Cat says:

I refuse to play any stupid facebook games, and I hate getting invitations:

My cell phone is my cell phone. It has a few games that will kill time if I’m stuck in the airport, but that’s not why I have it.

I can play Angry Birds on the Roku, if I am so inclined, thank you.

5. HogwartsProfessor says:

You can download it off their site for your computer too. I don’t have a smartphone and I downloaded it for $5. Bigger screen, and it’s exactly the same except you use the mouse / touchpad. I blame my bf for letting me play it on his phone and getting me hooked.

6. Kimaroo - 100% Pure Natural Kitteh says:

You can play it on your PC for free, without using Facebook, at chrome.angrybirds.com and it’s been availible for quite a while.

7. Cat says:

Haters Of Smug Pigs?

Don’t disparage my disdain of Apple Customers.

8. ThinkingBrian says:

There is a big difference between Angry Birds on Google+ and Android devices vs. now being on Facebook. The Android device and Google+ version is more or less free depending upon if you don’t mind seeing ads while your playing. Otherwise its I believe 99 cents for ad-free.

However the Facebook version is a friend type game like FarmVille is. You have to either pay for additional plays or beg your friends for more chances to play. Its just like a Zynga game, but this one is made by another company.

In another word, no thank you. Instead I will just continue to play Angry Birds on my Android tablet and smartphone and keep my money and not bug my friends on Facebook.

9. Cacao says:

I only played it once, on my friend’s iPad. I didn’t care to play it again. One thing I’d change is to see it from the slung bird’s perspective, not an outsider’s.