Consumerist Friday Flickr Finds

Here are eleven of the best photos that readers added to The Consumerist Flickr Pool this week, picked for neatness and usability in a Consumerist post.

#2- (Foto_di_Signorina)

boston boylston street woman crossing
#3 – (photographynatalia)

1223 Porthole
#4 – (JoelZimmer)

Gaming Dice
#5 – (Sterlic)

Letters
#6 – (guidedbycthulhu)

Food shark dining bus, marfa, TX
#7 – (chloeloe)

Omniscient Imperative
#8 – (Josh Derr)

Future Litterer
#9 – (Atwater Village Newbie)

#10 – (Chris Rief aka Spodie Odie)

Blue
#11 – (Marcus A.)

Artificial Nudists
#12 – (Happy Tinfoil Cat)

HOT Pretzel
#13 – (mytoenailcameoff)

Never A Bad Time To Text
#14 – (Amanda SG)

Our Flickr Pool is the place where Consumerist readers upload photos for possible use in future Consumerist posts. Just be a registered Flickr user, go here, and click “Join Group?” up on the top right, and start hitting “send to group” on your individual photos you want to add to the pool.

Add your shots to The Consumerist Flickr Pool, and perhaps they’ll be featured in a future story, or even highlighted in a Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool Finds post. See previous winners of the Friday Consumerist Flickr Pool finds here.

Comments

1. Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Hmmm – below average today, imho.

• Laura Northrup says:

There wasn’t a lot submitted to the pool this week that stood out.

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

Not a criticism of you, Laura. I realize not every week can be a winner, and it’s based on submissions.

2. Rocket says:

#12 NSFW?

• lovemypets00 - You'll need to forgive me, my social filter has cracked. says:

Maybe, but I thought it was more creepy than NSFW.

3. Rocket says:

#12 NSFW?

4. SPOON - now with Forkin attitude says:

isnt this a little early?

5. agent 47 says:

I don’t remember who it was here that told me to check out Doctor Who, but whoever it was, thank you so much. I am now deeply in love.

I know, off topic, but where else would I give my thanks?

6. rookie says:

i like being able to see through another’s eyes…

7. Murph1908 says:

I had to count the fingers on that hand holding the cig twice. Then I had to count them again.

#13 is unnecessary. Though I would love to see a more flattering picture of the lovely ginger.

#10 is worse.

8. Robofish says:

#2 and #11 are fairly awesome

9. nicless says:

How in the world am I supposed to discover what the 4th flavor is in picture 4!?

10. IraAntelope says:

nice selection.

11. Costner says:

Although the pictures are all good photographs, I still find myself wondering how some of them could ever be useful in a Consumerist post. This is the same thought I have week after week as I watch what photos are actually used versus those which are selected in this topic each week.

I went to the actual Flickr pool and I was somewhat annoyed after discovering upwards of 90% of the photos added didn’t have much to do with the consumerism concept but rather were just good photographs (and some not-so-good photographs). There seem to be a lot of people who just seem to add practically all of their photos to the pool… including several who have added 3,000+ photos to the group.

I mean how many pictures of cats or HDR street scenes do we really need?

12. Owls Are Raptors! says:

Ahhhh thanks! I really hope that my picture is useful in the future :3

~picture number one photographer//kryptomaisonaut ash foxglove