Locate The Nearest Girl Scout Cookies With Your Smartphone

As you sit at your desk, are you wondering if it is possible for you to somehow acquire Girl Scout cookies right now? Maybe you can. The Girl Scouts’ cookie-sales locator website or their Android or iPhone apps can help you to find the nearest boxes of fundraisey goodness available: or at least tell you how long you have to wait.

In my city: 41 days to go. Guess I’ll have to make my own at home in the meantime.

Find Cookies Today [Girl Scouts]
Introducing Cookie Locator for iPhone® and Android™ [Little Brownie Bakers]
Cookie Locator [Android Marketplace]
Cookie Locator [iTunes]

Comments

1. milk says:

Closest is a car outside my office. Got my fix the morning they went on sale from one of my coworkers. Yum.

2. Jules Noctambule says:

I plan to show extra support to the Girl Scouts this year; fortunately, Thin Mints freeze well.

• Laura Northrup says:

I choose to pretend that that whole cookie boycott thing was a secret undercover operation meant to boost cookie sales.

Although that would make the Girl Scouts kinda evil.

• Darrone says:

Have you never met them? An army of uniformed para-military troops forcing delicious sugars and fats down my throat to slow me down for the inevitable revolution.

• Jules Noctambule says:

I’d rather they were the scheming sort of evil than the bigoted sort of evil.

3. Tegan says:

Installed the app only to be told it can’t find any cookies close to me :( I need them.

4. RandomHookup says:

Creepy old guys in vans are rejoicing as we speak.

5. CubeRat says:

OMG, BEST app I’ve heard of yet!!

And now I want cookies……

6. SporadicBlah says:

Im lucky enough to live near a state line. Since cookie varieties differ by region I can get different flavors just by driving a few miles south. :D

7. dourdan says:

if it is from the same source as the wensite then it’s —BU**SH**!!!

i got several locations that i checked out and NONE were active.

i know these are kids- maybe their soccar game ran long, maybe it was too cold to set up a cookie booth, but after waiting for 2 hours (the websites say the locations should be active by 3 pm- i waited untill 5 pm)- i was a little pissed.

THEN one day there was a fair/sale/ something major and all of a sudden i saw 3 booths in a 3 block area.
    that was when i bougt 100 dollars worth of cookies, because i was pretty sure this would be my only chance for that year.

8. bugpaste says:

I don’t have a smart phone, so I tried the website, and it’s not very accurate. It told me cookie sales are on in my area but the closest troup is 68 miles away. When I went to my local council’s website, it clearly showed that sales are on in my very neighborhood. I’ll have to keep an eye out for the table at Kroger.

9. Jevia says:

My kid’s babysitter has a child in scouts, so I’ll have them this year. Next year, my own daughter will be old enough to join. Yay, cookies for years!

10. Kuri says:

I don’t own a smartphone, so I’ll find my tagalongs the old fashioned way.

11. yurei avalon says:

Luckily coworkers come in and leave the sheets to fill out here :) No effort required.

12. Dallas_shopper says:

No booths around here until a month from now.

13. cybrczch says:

Closest for me is three cubicles down. At least five co-workers in my division have kids selling them.

This year, the local council changed their selling practices. Instead of ordering cookies now and getting them delivered in March, the troops ordered the cookies and are selling them now. They also no longer take checks. One mother told me it was a response to the economy, people were ordering and then no longer available (lose job and/or house) or able to afford what they ordered.

14. MMD says:

For the love of cookies, when will they sell online?

If the cookie sale is held in part to teach the scouts about business, this education is incomplete at best.

15. Jillia says:

We recently got new neighbors in the apartment above us that have 2 kids. We were NOT happy they moved in. Until the father came by yesterday schlepping his daughter’s girl scout cookies. I nearly shed a little tear of joy. Girl scout cookies right above my home?? To what, i say, do I owe for such a joyous gift??!!

16. ORPat says:

1. Different councils sell cookies at different times Sept to June.
    2. Locations wont show up until direct or “booth sale” sales start.
    3. If you want to know when cookie sales start for you area, contact your local council
    4. Not all council participate in the cookie locator.

17. elangomatt says:

Just checked, no cookie sales in my area for another 4 weekends according to the site. Middle of Feb. will probably still be pretty darned cold though!

18. BradenR says:

Be creative, find a another or second way to support Girl Scouts. For each box of expensive cookies they receive .10 (may have gone up in the last few years but still insignificant)

• elangomatt says:

Which would you rather have though, someone buy cookies to support Girl Scouts or the same someone not support Girl Scouts at all? I think those are probably the two things that most people would do. Basically the girl scouts either get the meager profit from the cookies or none at all from most people.

• bobosgirl says:

wow- where do you get your information? The MINIMUM a troop gets for their cut of a box of cookies is 65 cents. They get extra for meeting certain goals, etc. PLUS, their local neighborhood gets a cut, their local council, and GSUSA. About $1.50 of every box goes back to the baker. The rest stays with Girl Scouts.

19. lovemypets00 - You'll need to forgive me, my social filter has cracked. says:

One of my coworkers’ granddaughter sells them. I’m getting Thin Mints (of course) and I’m going to try the new lemon flavored ones.

When they sell them at WalMart, I always feel guilty about saying “I bought some at the office”. It seems so lame. Maybe this year I’ll buy one box there, too.

20. NCB says:

Already ordered several boxes and will likely buy more at local booths. My daughter was a Brownie when she was young and I was a “cookie Mom” with a storage space filled with cookies for several hectic weeks.Now I content myself with buying box after box of goodness.

21. Alessar says:

I need to buy extra cookies this year to support them for their positive and welcoming stance on transgender girls.

22. Fantoche_de_Chaussette says:

Given the obesity epidemic, having a cookie sale as your fund-raiser is about as socially responsible as holding a cigarette sale.