Photos: Behind The Scenes At CES 2012

In a few hours, the folks at the Consumer Electronics Show will fling open the doors to the Las Vegas Convention Center and a crowd the size of a small city will begin gawking and toying with the latest in doodads and whatsthats. But for the second year in a row, me and my trusty camera phone were able to convince someone I had a reason to be on the show floor so I could snap a handful of last-minute preparation pics before anyone caught on to my antics.
panasonicboooth.jpg
samsung1.jpg
Samsung2.jpg
intellllbooth.jpg
nikon.jpg
espnring.jpg
ericcccson.jpg

Comments

1. Cat says:

While the rest of us are stuck at work, Chris is in Vegas.

You’ll understand if we hate you. Nothing personal.

2. LadySiren is murdering her kids with HFCS and processed cheese says:

Yup. It’s a tradeshow.

3. lonestarbl says:

ESPN3D setup is awesome, live boxing in the middle of CES?? Pretty sweet :)

4. bluline says:

As someone who used to work for a then-major consumer electronics company, I’ve attended the CES as an exhibitor at least 20 times, and that doesn’t include the ones they used to have in Chicago when the CES was held twice a year. Can’t say I miss it one bit. If you like swollen feet and a sore back, however, the CES is for you!

5. Caprica Six says:

Ericsson is still around?

6. SharkD says:

I wonder if attendance is down, since AVN is not going-on ‘across the street,’ this year.

• bluline says:

I recall when CES had a section dedicated to adult videos. They often had their stars available for photos and autographs, often dressed in barely-legal attire, even by Vegas standards. It was always a highlight of the show.

7. Keith is checking the Best Buy receipt of a breastfeeding mother (for tips!) says:

Never been to CES, but enjoyed going to E3 back when that was still a thing. I imagine CES is similar if a little less nerdy/fanboi-ish. I’ll get out there someday, along with the San Diego Comic Con.

8. kornkid42 says:

I went yesterday, not impressed. Only difference i noticed from last year is that there is more 3d.