Handy Airport Dining Guides Tell Travelers Where To Grab The Best Bite

Attention, holiday travelers: Dining on the go doesn’t have to result in an overpriced, soggy chicken Caesar wrap balanced precariously on your knees at the gate or greasy fast food. New handy airport guides for many of the country’s airports are doing the heavy lifting for you, so you can get a break from giant hot pretzels (if you want to, that is).

Eater.com has assembled guides for 16 cities in the U.S. and one international destination, Barcelona, with lists for each of those cities’ various airports.

For example, if you’re looking for a nice gnosh at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the guide suggests any of three locations of Paschal’s Southern Cuisine, with fried chicken and catfish, country-fried steak, mac ‘n’ cheese, or Southern veg, as well as listing where to find those spots.

Or perhaps you’ve got a hankering for a tasty brew while waiting at Denver International. Check out New Belgium Hub for a locally brewed pint, a delicious burger and knowledgeable staff.

For the entire list of cities and airports and their respective guides, check out Eater.com.

Airport Dining Guides Across the Eater Universe [Eater]

Comments

1. mysterydate98 says:

Wrong link?

2. deadandy says:

Good concept, but immediately I have to question the judgment of anyone who recommends Rock Bottom as a “best bet”.

3. SteveZim1017 says:

Tuna sandwich – $13. Tuna is very rare here.

4. ElleAnn says:

This link works better: http://eater.com/archives/2011/12/19/airport-dining-guides-across-the-eater-universe.php . If you go to either of the Eater.com links above you have to scroll all the way down to see cities other than Denver.

5. justjoe says:

The answer to that question is in the photo for this article: Five Guys!

• YouDidWhatNow? says:

…the only question to which Five Guys is the answer is “What burger chain is ridiculously hyped up while offering bland food at inflated prices?”

6. MaxH42 thinks RecordStoreToughGuy got a raw deal says:

BWI, BOS, SFO, and DFW have pretty good options, IMO, but now I’ll have to see if I can get a flight with a stopover in Denver…Fat Tire is a damn good beer.

7. ahecht says:

I question a lot of the judgement here. The left the Illinois Bar and Grill off their Midway list, despite them having some of the best(and largest) burgers, dogs, and sandwiches I’ve ever seen in an airport (their chicken sandwich has an entire double breast on it).

8. sirwired says:

I like the photo… the new terminal at DCA has always been one of my favorites, architecture-wise.

9. MaytagRepairman says:

In the Denver airport I like to go to the Cantina Grill and get a burrito. In order to get to it you have to take an escalator. Most travelers stick with the big name fast food joints along the main throroughfare so it is usually less crowded.

• Brunette Bookworm says:

Very helpful! I haven’t flown in years and am going out to Denver to see my parents (who just moved there) next month. I’m thinking Lalo’s from Midway on my way out.

10. iluvhatemail says:

nothing good at LAX so eat before you go

• southpaw1971 says:

Before 5 Guys came to the DC area the Washingtonian magazine’s “Best of” issue said roughly the following for “Best Burger”:

“Drive to Dulles. Get on a plane for LAX. Exiting LAX at the corner, pull in to In-n-Out Burger”

11. Beauzeaux says:

Hard to take them seriously when they describe a restaurant in the Denver airport as “Comfortable and sheik”.

12. HogwartsProfessor says:

I just go to the airport website when I’m going through someplace I haven’t been before. They usually have a comprehensive list of all the restaurants in the terminals, maps, etc.

13. TomClements says:

This would make a great mobile app. Of course maybe yelp already has reviews of these places.

14. catastrophegirl chooses not to fly says:

useful. airports are already confusing and there’s rarely time to go from restaurant to restaurant to check them out
    although this seems a little redundant: “country-fried steak, mac ‘n’ cheese, or Southern veg, as well as listing where to find those spots.” … in the south mac ‘n cheese IS a vegetable

15. Joseph S Ragman says:

If I were flying to Denver in the near future, I would not eat at the airport … maybe Casa Bonita, but not the airport.

16. raytube says:

Romulus is nice. I grab a thai peanut chicken wrap from ‘It’s a wrap’ everytime I’m on Concourse B at DIA. Free drink coupons on signboard near the shop. The New Belguim Brewery bar is at the east end of concourse B, well worth a stop. But you know, Interstate BBQ and Bojangles Biscuits sure are good too!