No Amount Of Drunkenness Will Turn A Taco Into Your I.D.

Grabbing whatever is around is not going to get you far when the police ask for your I.D. Even if it’s a delicious taco! A man in Florida tried the taco trick, handing one over to officers after he was asked for I.D.

He also happened to have passed out in his car in the drive-thru lane at Taco Bell, says the L.A. Weekly, and his engine had caught fire. So, he wasn’t having a great night and then he lost a taco, to boot!

A few beers in, the 30-year-old-man did what anyone does after a bit of a bender, and headed for the Taco Bell. Right after he got his order, he passed out, and the rest, they say, is taco history.

Cops told him his taco wasn’t a valid form of I.D., so he responded by laughing and then chowing down on said taco. Meanwhile, his foot on the accelerator while he slept caused the engine to catch fire. He was booked on DUI charges, no word if they allowed him to finish his snack.

Drunk Florida Man Tries to Use Taco as I.D. [LA Weekly]

Comments

1. apupnamedshamus says:

Stay classy Florida.

• AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

I’ve lived in Florida, and New Jersey, and it’s funny to watch COPS and see counties/areas I recognize. More often they are in Florida than NJ, but both appear often.

• apupnamedshamus says:

I too have lived in NJ and FL. And yes, I agree.

Another show that provides the same level/type of amusement is “Jail”, which is a reality-type show shot in jails in FL, NJ and TX.

• Jawaka says:

What else would you expect from the state that got Bush a second term?

2. raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

I am reminded of The Last Unicorn when Schmendrick is taken captive by Captain Cully, who asks him to take a seat, and “have a taco.”

So random.

• mauispiderweb says:

I love that book and the anime-like movie.

• McRib wants to know if you've been saved by the Holy Clown says:

I watched that movie last night with my son.

• jrwn says:

That was the first movie my wife watched, way back when they rented VCRs. If you don’t know what a VCR is, I can’t help you.

• raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

I keep hearing people call them VHS Players. They were never called VHS players when I was a kid. I’m like “Wtf, where did this term come from? It’s ‘VCR,’ people!”

• Actionable Mango says:

No no, it’s called Betamax!

• Rena says:

I had a VTR. Which apparently stood for Video Tape Recorder. It did use cassettes, but some bizarre form of its own, neither VHS nor Betamax.

I wish I still had that. It might be worth something.

• conquestofbread says:

I remember seeing that movie for the first time as a child, and being terrified. I was probably like 3 or 4.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

Is that the thing with the hippie music and the glowy unicorn? My music channel has that soundtrack but before that I’d never heard of it.

3. Hoss says:

Allegedly, …….According to police,………..blah, blah

• StarKillerX says:

Funny, no one here seems to care that those words are missing when it’s a story accusing a store, bank or other company of something.

4. Wasp is like Requiem for a Dream without the cheery bits says:

LOLOLOLFLORIDA.

I need to move there. Plus, I love tacos.

• mianne prays her parents outlive the TSA says:

Oh.. Such a pity that Taco Bell hasn’t yet expanded their culinary empire beyond the Sunshine State… /s

New slogan? Florida: Come for the tacos. Stay for the crazy.

• Wasp is like Requiem for a Dream without the cheery bits says:

THERE ARE TACO BELLS OUTSIDE OF FLORIDA? /s

Priceless. I am petitioning the state legislation for this as we speak.

• Cat says:

One of Them! One of Them! One of Them! One of Them!

5. Cat says:

“Sir, may I see your driver’s license?”

“Isn’t it back there, on the bumper, man?”

• AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

I worked for an insurance company. When adding on a used vehcile to your policy, and you wanted comprehensive and collision coverage (full coverage), we required you to go get a photo inspection done. You’d go to a designated location, and have a third party fill out a form, take photos, etc, to make sure you didn’t have damage prior to coverage that you later claim happened while covered.

Anyway, some woman called all upset because she did not have full coverage (she had just liability). I informed her that the comp/coll coverage was dropped because we didn’t have the photo inspection. She insisted we did, so I checked all the documents that were scanned in under her policy number. Sure enough, I found what she had sent in. A photograph of the state inspection sticker on her windshield. A photo of her inspection. :/

• McRib wants to know if you've been saved by the Holy Clown says:

And with that, coffee snorts out my nose.

• Hoss says:

Sounds like the kind of person that might press the gas instead of the brake…and I think you’d know the kind of person I mean

6. Chmeeee says:

“A few beers”

Sure…

7. NarcolepticGirl says:

Ahhh, I miss living in Florida.

8. milty45654 says:

How is this “shoppers biting back” exactly?

9. MercuryPDX says:

There is only ONE MAN this will work for…

10. Caffinehog says:

Maybe he was from Mexico?

11. centurion says:

Shoulda gave them a donut.

12. meerkat says:

Are drunk guys that pass out in the Taco Bell drive-through some kind of common occurance?

I was out with some of my boyfriend’s college friends and we decided to get some Taco Bell on the way home..we sat there waiting for a while, realized a few cars ahead sat an unmoving car. One of the people in our car got out to check it out, the guy driving was passed out with his foot on the break while the car was in drive. Our friend woke him up and let him know he was passed out in the Taco Bell drive-through.

13. gargunkle says:

Your text doesn’t really agree with itself…

“and then he lost a taco, to boot!”

“and then chowing down on said taco.”

14. coren says:

So, he wasn’t having a great night and then he lost a taco, to boot!

HMMMM

15. Lucky225 says:

I make my own edible IDs at home.