Report: Whitney Houston Almost Booted From Delta Flight For Refusing To Buckle Up

Yet another non-Kevin-Smith famous person reportedly came oh-so-close to being kicked off a flight. This time, it’s apparently singer Whitney Houston who was almost given the heave-ho from a Delta flight for refusing to buckle her seatbelt.

According to TMZ, the ’80s and ’90s icon was getting on a Delta flight in Atlanta yesterday when witnesses say crew members told her to buckle up or she’d have to leave the plane.

TMZ says the singer “eventually allowed one of the crew members to grab the buckle and fasten it,” allowing the plane to take off into the wild blue yonder.

The folks at HuffPo tried to get a comment from Delta but got no response.

In late September, L Word actress Leisha Hailey said she was scolded by a Southwest Flight Attendant for kissing her girlfriend during a flight. A few weeks earlier, Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day was kicked off a Southwest flight over his saggy pants.

Whitney Houston Almost Kicked Off Delta Flight In Seat Belt Scuffle [HuffPo via OKmagazine.com]

Comments

1. Phil Keeps It Real [Consumerist] says:

Let the crack crills jokes commence in, tres, dos…..UNO!…

2. mauispiderweb says:

What? Were her hands broken or something?

3. Admiral_John says:

I don’t see why this is an issue, other than the fact Whitney Houston is a stuck-up diva. She refused to follow a valid safety instruction.

4. dolemite says:

“ewww a peasant touched this, and you are out of hand sanitizer!”

5. JWG says:

Umm… depsarate for some play there?

6. chefboyardee says:

I’m not usually one to say “why is this on consumerist”, but this is retarded. It’s not a consumer issue, in that it would never be posted here if it was joe schmo getting yelled at for not putting his seatbelt on. I really don’t care what Whitney does in her life, this isn’t TMZ.

• apupnamedshamus says:

• PLATTWORX says:

You are 100% right.

It appears they have to throw something new on the site every few hours so they will grab anything… doesn’t have to have anything to do with consumer affairs at all. Between that and constant posting of stories where the OP is clearly to blame for the problem they are reporting (and should have been told so before their e-mail was deleted and not posted as news) I have thrown my hands in the air.

You will not see me clicking on “donate today” until the site gets serious and professional. Consumers Union clearly doesn’t care much about it. Why should we?

• Nigerian prince looking for business partner says:

These kinds of articles don’t make much sense, considering they could throw up any random article on health insurance or breastfeeding and it will guarantee at least 200 comments.

• NarcolepticGirl says:

yeah, really.

• KishuT says:

i AGREE 100%

• Admiral_John says:

^^ This.

• Dallas_shopper says:

I agree 100%.

• finbar says:

Agreed. I’m not sure there is a lot of value in posting about every celebrity, or former celebrity, that does somthing dumb on an airplane.

• Peacock (Now In Extra Crispy) says:

Other than to give me yet another opportunity to post…Delta Sucks Balls. Which it does, in every way imaginable.

Hate them, I do.

7. Cat says:

Look at the picture… how many buckles are on that?

(BTW, Whitney… there is only ONE syllable in the words *I* and *YOU*, and you keep adding more and more syllables every time you warble a song. Stop over-singing. You suck.)

8. Rainicorn with baby bats says:

Just buckle your goddamned belt, quit making the flight worse than it is.

9. Blueskylaw says:

Seatbelts bruise my tender skin. Don’t you have
    anything better and fit for a celebrity that I can use?

10. Fast Eddie Eats Bagels says:

Crew members had to buckle her up? Yep, she was cracked out!

11. RAEdwards says:

While i agree the PDA and saggy pants (and Kevin Smith’s weight) are stupid issues for an airline to kick someone off a plane for, I have to stick up for the airline here. EVERYONE has to comply with the regulations of buckling their seat belt regardless of social status. So Whitney, STFU and go away!

12. PercyChuggs Was Found At JFK Airport says:

In other news, a celebrity almost didn’t do something, but then did. More details tonight after Dateline.

13. vastrightwing says:

Airports and commercial jet cabins are special places: normal rules do not apply. You do what you are told, keep quiet, smile, wear proper atire, say please and thank you, don’t roll your eyes, don’t deficate in the wrong area, etc, etc or you will be punished. Simple.

• nocturnaljames says:

what a load of bullshit.. it’s a free country, no thanks to people with attitudes like yours.

• IgnoramusEtIgnorabimus says:

seat belt on airplane is the exception to general freedom rule, i don’t want some fat twat landing on me while the pilot is dodging traffic, your freedom ends when my bones begin and unless you have certified anti physical properties you will always be a sphere to me, a giant sphere that bounces around in a space where i can’t run from you (and are in fact trapped due to my own seat belt). same goes for your hot coffee during turbulence, nothing would ruin my day more then sitting above the atlantic with a giant crotch burn and no medical access for 3-5 hours

14. Yomiko says:

She finally buckled up when they got Bobby on th ephone to yell at her. Heyooooo!

15. XanthorXIII says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Bobby Brown at his new Flight Attendant job asking her to put it on.

16. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

THEY GRABBED MY BUCKLE BOBBY BROWN!

17. McRib wants to know if you've been saved by the Holy Clown says:

In more important news Dennis Ritchie is dead.

MOURN HIM, YOU!

18. Cicadymn says:

“How dare you try to make me follow the sames rules as everyone else you Plebeian! Begone!”

19. smo0 says:

How did she make it passed security without her drugs being found?!
    Oh wait, everyone pops prescriptions now…

20. NumberSix says:

Is it some kind of new publicity stunt for celebs to get kicked off of flights now? It’s like a contest or something.

21. RenegadePlatypus says:

(*weeping) Leave Whitney alone!!!!! (*whimper, sniff)

22. dakeypoo says:

Not too long ago, a certain celebrity who was convicted of lying to investigators about a stock sale and served five months in a West Virginia federal prison chartered a flight with a company I will not name. This person got upset that one of the pilot’s was bringing his luggage onto “her” plane, and demanded it be removed. The pilot ended up having his luggage shipped to their destination.

23. tooluser says:
  24. ironflange says:

I hear she was headed to Detroit. Hasn’t that poor town suffered enough already?