If you’re looking to cut expenses, here’s an argument for cancelling that gym membership. NYT profiles one guy who does all of his exercising outside, at no cost, in the middle of Manhattan. The jungle gyms, trails, and tracks of East River Park give him all the workout he needs, five days a week, in all weather. His hands are calloused from doing pushups on the sidewalk and at 48, 5 ft 8, and 185 pounds, he’s in top shape. So why bother dealing with early termination fees and snooty mirror gazers when you can enjoy being outside, for free?
Exercise In The Urban Jungle For Free
By Ben Popken July 8, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Target Confirms Free Shipping For All Online Orders During The Holiday Season
- 26 Deals & Freebie Offers For Veterans And Active Servicemembers Today
- Guy Gets Locked In L.A. Fitness When It Closes For The Night… At 5 P.M.
- Flickr Robots Auto-Tag Every Photo, Auto-Annoy Users
- Hackers Can Now Use One Free Tool To Hijack Your Facebook-Linked Login For Pretty Much Any Site