If you’re looking to cut expenses, here’s an argument for cancelling that gym membership. NYT profiles one guy who does all of his exercising outside, at no cost, in the middle of Manhattan. The jungle gyms, trails, and tracks of East River Park give him all the workout he needs, five days a week, in all weather. His hands are calloused from doing pushups on the sidewalk and at 48, 5 ft 8, and 185 pounds, he’s in top shape. So why bother dealing with early termination fees and snooty mirror gazers when you can enjoy being outside, for free?
Exercise In The Urban Jungle For Free
By Ben Popken July 8, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Australian Commuters Work Together To Free Man Trapped Between A Train & The Platform
- Gym Business Models Depend On You Being Too Lazy To Work Out
- Flickr Robots Auto-Tag Every Photo, Auto-Annoy Users
- Comcast Tells Customer The Only Reason He’s Getting Bogus Charges Refunded Is Because He Recorded Call
- Guy Gets Locked In L.A. Fitness When It Closes For The Night… At 5 P.M.