Just about anyone who hates their job has occasional thoughts of making a grand exit that their idiot boss will remember forever. But here’s a word of warning before you do something stupid: Don’t pull the handle on the fire alarm system when you walk out of the building for the last time.
If only we’d been able to tell this to the man at a Tennessee Wendy’s restaurant who has been arrested on felony charges after setting off the fire alarm — and sending two people to the hospital — after he was fired from his job.
From the Kingsport Times-News:
The system dumped extinguisher powder agent throughout the kitchen and cut the power to the building.
Including employees there were approximately 20 people in the restaurant at the time. Two Hawkins County deputies happened to be eating lunch next door and reportedly witnessed employees exiting the kitchen area and getting sick after inhaling the powder extinguisher agent.
Two Wendy’s employees were treated at the emergency room following the incident.
The stunt resulted in $3,423 in wasted food, soiled supplies, lost labor and sales. Meanwhile, the alleged alarm-puller faces charges of felony reckless endangerment, vandalism over $1,000 and felony filing a false report.
Three felony charges for Wendy’s employee who pulled fire alarm [timesnews.net]