The Rubicon has been crossed. Netflix now has more people subscribed to it than Comcast. Netflix reported 23.6 million subscribers at the end of the 2011 first quarter, while Comcast ended 2010 with 22.8 million. (They could still possibly report more but considering that they’ve been dropping the past few quarters, it’s unlikely). See, we don’t need to worry about hegemony or legal monopolies, they’ll just obsolete themselves out of business.
Netflix Now Has More Subscribers Than Comcast
By Ben Popken April 28, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Time Warner CEO Isn’t Worried About Cable TV’s Fate: “Netflix Is Good, But Not That Good”
- Could Comcast Try To Buy Netflix Or T-Mobile If Time Warner Cable Deal Fails?
- Comcast Exec: Netflix Thrives Because Cable Is Too Expensive, Is Company’s “Ultimate Frenemy”
- These 2 Charts From Comcast Show Why Net Neutrality Is Vital
- Comcast Is About To Have More Internet Subscribers Than Cable Customers