UPDATE: The application period is now closed. Thank you for the wonderful responses! We’re going through the applications now!
Yep! That’s right! A legit mystery shopping job! (Don’t worry, you don’t need to wear a mask!) Interested? Read on…
Would you like to be part of a great organization whose only goal is to work for a fair, just and safe marketplace for all consumers?
Consumer Reports, published by Consumers Union, is currently looking to add to its database of mystery shoppers. We are looking to bolster our program, and are seeking potential shoppers who reside in or have access to major cities in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, GA, FL, IN, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, OH, PA, TN,TX, VA, WI, and Canada. Our freelance mystery shoppers are hired on a project by project basis to survey stores, buy products, and act as our eyes and ears to represent consumers in a variety of marketplace situations.
If you are detail-oriented, reliable, can meet deadlines, enjoy seeking out specific products with hard-to-read dates and codes, are email- and spreadsheet-savvy (Excel), you may just fit the bill!
We invite applicants you to become apart of our program. Applicants should live within 20 miles or so of major department stores, discount/wholesale stores, supermarkets, drugstores and other large retailers.
As part of your application, please submit the following:
* In Subject Line of Email you must enter your city and state.
* Name, address, city and state, plus nearest major city or cities
* A list of the major retailers within 20 miles for the types of stores listed above
* Etailers or shopping websites you are most familiar with
* 3 examples of store branded/private label products in your area.
* 3 product trends you’ve noticed or issues consumers face when shopping
* A paragraph (up to 250 words) on why you think you would make a great mystery shopper for Consumer Reports!
We cannot guarantee regular employment. On average, our mystery shoppers work about 10 hours/month – sometimes less, sometimes more, but rarely over 30 hours/month. You will be paid a rate of $12/hour for your work and you will be required to follow guidelines and directives very carefully. Because of our rigorous testing program and our publishing cycle, schedules are vitally important. As part of your role, you will be required to demonstrate the highest ethical behavior, which includes never using the name of Consumer Reports to obtain special or preferential treatment.