In just 30 minutes, you can have a five-gallon bucket of homemade laundry detergent that costs 50 cents less per load than store bought, says dollarstoremom. All you need is washing soda, grated bar soap, borax, boiling water, and large bucket. Get the recipe and ideas for adding scents and so forth on the blog. And yep, this mixture will even work on HE washers, according to the commenters.
Make Your Own Laundry Detergent At Home
By Ben Popken April 18, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Detergent Companies Are Unhappy With Our Efficient Washing Machines
- Detergent Pod Poisonings Increase, Even After Changes To Packaging
- Legislation Aims To Make It Harder For Kids To Snack On Yummy-Looking Detergent Pods
- What Inappropriate Or Perfect Mother’s Day Merchandising Have You Seen This Year?
- If You Bring A Baby With You To Shoplift At Walmart, Don’t Leave Her Behind