This show really puts our mall cellphone carts to shame. Instead of a bored guy with a pencil goatee sitting on a stool, they have a full-on breakdancing show. This one features a life-sized inflatable Android just going absolutely ape-nuts on the dancefloor at the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc cellphone stand near 101 Tower in Taiwan. As commenter Oranges w/ Cheese puts it, “Those inflatable suits are so weird because the movements are so sudden and odd. ” I don’t know how many cellphones it sells, but the branding effort endears the plucky green guy to your heart. He just tries so hard! And that positive association can pay dividends in brand goodwill down the line, just like his masters planned. Muaha – break it down!
Android On Crack Dance Sets Hearts Aflame
By Ben Popken March 28, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Another 130,000 Consumers Tell FCC: Don’t Allow Robocalling To Our Cellphones
- Political Campaign Stores Raking In Not Only Cash, But A Treasure Trove Of Data For Candidates
- Just How Thin Is Sony’s New Crazy-Skinny TV?
- Customs Agents Seize Hundreds Of Kansas City Royals Panties In Raid On Boutique
- Smartphones Leapfrog Over Laptops, Now In Nearly 3 Out Of 4 U.S. Households