Brandon has been waiting since Jan 20 for Google Voice to port his cellphone number. First he tried to port on Jan 20, then it said there was an error, so he tried again on Jan 30. He paid the $20 fee both times. The whole process is supposed to take 24 hours. He’s tried posting in their “Help Center,” as their welcome email suggests, but no luck. Just limbo. Hm. Maybe Google should stay out of businesses that require customer service. Have you tried getting in touch with your ex-wireless provider’s porting department and asking what the status is? UPDATE: Brandon reports his port over from AT&T has now gone through. Huzzah!
Google Voice Number Porting Stalled For 19 Days
By Ben Popken February 8, 2011
More From Consumerist
- New Homeowner Has To Sell House Because Of Comcast’s Incompetence, Lack Of Competition
- Google Reorganizing Itself Under New Company Called “Alphabet”
- North Carolina May Be Next To Get Google Fiber
- Experimental Verizon FiOS Service Would Be 10X Speed Of Google Fiber
- What Can You Do If Your Mobile Carrier Sends You An Update That Breaks Your Phone?