I spotted this in the magazine rack at Walgreens last night. There is an entire magazine devoted just to short hair. It’s called Short Hair, and it turns out it’s been around for many years. While it sounds silly, one of it’s main selling points is that if you see a cut in there you like you can buy the glossy and show it to your stylist. Still, this is the apotheosis of niche marketing. I’m thinking of picking up a subscription but with my budget tight I’ll need to either drop Mason Jar Monthly, or Babe In The Hoods, a periodical devoted to pictures of attractive people wearing hooded sweatshirts.
Profiles In Niche Marketing: "Short Hair Magazine"
By Ben Popken February 3, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Watch Out For Fake Magazine Renewal Invoices
- Why Is LEGO Offering Beauty Tips To Little Girls?
- Penthouse Keeping Magazine, Citing The “Gravitas” Of The Printed Page
- Walgreens Cashiers No Longer Required To Tell Customers To “Be Well”
- Long Live Inflight Shopping: United Airlines Brings Back SkyMall For A Limited Time