Bra Sizes Bloom Bigger With Introduction Of New L Cup

Good news for ladies who can’t make do with anything less than a KK cup bra: Lingerie company Bravissimo has introduced a side L, saying women were asking for more cup room.

And it’s not just that women are getting bustier — many might not be wearing the right size in the first place.

Bravissimo spokesman told the Daily Mail: “Our research has shown that up to 40% of women should be wearing a D cup and above — even if they don’t yet know it.”

We’ve heard that from Oprah Winfrey, like a bajillion times, but if women really need a size L, ill-fitting brassieres could truly be a problem. And ladies seem to be realizing this: The New York Daily News says the average bra size in the U.S. is 36DD, when it used to be 36C 10 years ago.

The NYDN quotes Luis Pareles, editor of the Lingerie Journal, who says that women are clued in to their true bra sizes, adding, “An L-size cup is the largest I’ve heard of.”

When we hit Z, someone’s going to have to get control of this thing, before bra size spiral out of control.

Biggest bra none: First ever L-cup unveiled as breasts get larger [Daily Mail]

Bra company debuts L cup; Women’s lingerie sizes getting large, average U.S. size is 38DD [New York Daily News]

Comments

1. Admiral_John says:

Pics or it didn’t happen.

2. Kate says:

Sports bras – I never wear anything else. I got tired of wires coming out after a while and poking me, not to mention the ever present drooping straps. Sorry guys, if this is TMI, but you did pop in to read the article.

• raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

yeah, but sports bra technology still has not been perfected, especially for uh, the plus sizes. I have never found one that prevented the “stair wobble,” and forget running.

I run like a girl. With one arm firmly across my chest, to keep from hitting myself in the face. :/

• colorisnteverything says:

I feel your pain. I am a small woman, but I have 34 DD’s. I can’t even lie down without them coming up to my neck. I have yet to find a sports bra that supported them without feeling like a straight jacket either. I am a cyclist, though, so they are a must, even if they suck.

I have found some really supportive regular bras, but they are so damn expensive. You think they would be made of gold or something!

• jurisenpai says:

I, too, am a cyclist with D/DD cups so I feel your pain. Strapping them down to fit in a jersey also sucks. Why must designers think all lady cyclists are flat-chested?

I have some sports bras from Aerie (their Fit line) that are pretty supportive and compressive. I don’t do mountain biking, though, so the jiggling is somewhat tolerable without going for the full compression bra that jogging requires.

• Red Cat Linux says:

The Enell Sports Bra. Nothing moves in this sucker. Yes, it’s one evolutionary step removed from a corset, but damnit I can’t jog without one.

I can’t help but remember that scene in Monty Python’s Meaning of Life where the guy gets run off a cliff by naked women. All I could think as I watched was “Ow. Ow. Ow.”

• tsukiotoshi says:

I had not heard of that one, thanks for the tip! I’ve been trying to find a good sports bra for ages so I’ll have to look into this one.

• 12345678nine says:

I have one from Body Armour that I really like. The good ones are pricey but they are out there. And it WORKS

• Heresy_Fnord says:

“stair wobble” ? WTH is that?

• Rectilinear Propagation says:

Impact of stepping down causes the chest to wiggle. Doesn’t matter how lightly you step either.

Ugh, this is bringing back bad high school memories.

• Kate says:

I am plus sized, but only a C cup, so that might have something to do with it.

• Bativac says:

I make fun of my wife for doing this but it looks like she isn’t the only one. I mean, yeah, she’s a personal trainer, but we’re going out to dinner… does she still need the sports bra??

I guess it’s not just her.

(Don’t chastize me for making fun of my wife. She makes fun of my male pattern baldness.)

• caradrake says:

I like sports bras for comfort, but it’s really hard to find one where my boobs don’t spill out the top when I bend over. They’re not made to do housework in, sigh.

3. aloria says:

What the hell? Some women have enough boobs that they need an L cup, and here I am, struggling to fill out an A?

We need socialism for boobs.

• MamaBug says:

seconded!

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

You won’t see any argument from the men.

• TooManyHobbies says:

Yes you will. I don’t want to see every woman with equal sized breasts. Above a certain point more size just isn’t attractive, and I know several women who have serious issues due to too much weight up front.

Besides, they’re all nice, and variety is the spice of life! A cups are as nice as C or D in their own way, and above that they’re just getting increasingly troublesome to the owner.

• Cheap Sniveler: Sponsored by JustAnswer.comâ„¢ says:

Better a perfect “A” than a saggy set you can play hackey sack with.

• Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ã‚œ-゜ノ) says:

Boobie bailout?

• Rebecca K-S says:

How ’bout you and I get together and we can average your As with my DDs and come out with two lovely pairs of Cs? I wish…

• kalaratri says:

I whined about being an A until I got preggers and wound up with Ds. I’d like my As back, please.

• carlogesualdo says:

By all means. You can have most of mine.

• Cosmo_Kramer says:

I think most men would prefer your A cups over an L cup.

Assuming you’re a chick. Can’t always assume…

• thedarkerside.to says:

Speaking as a guy if I had to chose between A and L (or really anything above DD and even that is border line) I rather take A… Dunno, but huge tits aren’t really that attractive to me. Needs to be in relation to the rest of the body really…

But then I am European and we get to see boobies all the time and don’t obsess over them as teenagers like most Americans seem to do. So there.

• Alisha Gray says:

Here here! I could use another size or two, mine are just barely B and it looks kind of ridiculous with my body size.

• Oranges w/ Cheese says:

I know exactly how you feel.

• SixOfOne says:

I approve this motion. I read the average and almost cried :(

• kennedar says:

You can have some of mine! I am an H and I would love to get rid of some of them. I have even told my husband that after we are done having children, I am getting them cut off, because I HATE them!

• anduin says:

lady, i bet most men would prefer your size over monstrous low hanging racks. The bigger the cup size, the more scared I become.

• pot_roast says:

larger bra size != nicer breasts. Having a DDD size sin’t nice when they’re bouncing off of your thighs. :/

4. kmw2 says:

Um. You’re seriously posting stories from the Daily Mail and Daily News on women’s bra sizes as serious news?

• Rocket says:

Yes, got a problem with that?

• kmw2 says:

I do rather think considering the sources is in order.

• Rocket says:

What’s wrong with the sources?

P.S. That was a hard sentence to read.

• DianeSaysWORD says:

No you see, the newspapers are the secondary sources; it’s the primary sources that need another, shall we say, review ;)

• jebarringer says:

While this story is a legitimate consumer related post, the Daily News and Mail are widely considered to not be the best sources for good, solid reporting. Although, they’re not nearly as bad at the Huffington Post…

• Loias supports harsher punishments against corporations says:

This isn’t CNN here. Get over yourself.

• RxDude says:

That’s right – the average quality of the posts here is much higher than a lot of the stuff on CNN’s site. Yes, I read CNN daily.

• Rectilinear Propagation says:

I thought it was common knowledge that the Daily Mail is a crappy tabloid.

• DianeSaysWORD says:

Many stories in the Daily News at least (can’t speak for the Daily Mail as I’m less familiar with it) are actual serious news stories, its just the way they’re reported is often…ridiculous LOL.

Is the fact that bra sizes and things getting larger news-worthy? It depends on where your priorities are (and no, I don’t mean “boobies” as a priority although they always should be lol). To me, I read this as Yet Another Piece of Evidence that at least here in the States, we’re all getting larger and larger. For most women, its not the breasts alone that fill in the cups, it’s a combination of breasts + body fat. So even though you may be excited to learn that a girl you just met at the bar has L-cup breasts, trust me, don’t get too happy until you get her home ;)

So the fact that we’re all still continuing to grow ginormous, plus the fact that “hey, now you can buy L-cup bras” makes this news-worthy and Consumerist-worthy, at least to me. So there :D

• Cheap Sniveler: Sponsored by JustAnswer.comâ„¢ says:

“For most women, its not the breasts alone that fill in the cups, it’s a combination of breasts + body fat. “

Yes. For the most part, these are super sized women, not just super sized breasts.

• somedaysomehow says:

You’re clueless. I’m probably the most “supersized” woman you would ever run across and I’m a D cup. Being a large person increases your *band* size, not your *cup* size. Geez.

• bstewart says:

In my experience, it does both. If you gain weight, you’re going to gain it everywhere. Breasts are composed of adipose tissue- FAT. Just because you’re a bit bigger but your breasts aren’t exactly proportionate makes you the exception rather than the rule.

• Rectilinear Propagation says:

…How? Are you seriously suggesting that women are stuffing their stomachs into the cups of their bras? The cup size is the difference between the size of a woman’s chest and the fullest part of her breasts. So if she’s wearing an L it’s because of the size of her breasts. If she’s large in general then that means she’s wearing a bigger band.

• Cheap Sniveler: Sponsored by JustAnswer.comâ„¢ says:

but, if she’s larger all around (more fat), then obviously, the breasts must be larger, because they gain size through fat too.

Most women who have lost weight can tell you their cup size decreased.

• Rectilinear Propagation says:

You can be plus-sized and still have a small chest. Not everybody stays proportional when gaining/losing weight.

Yeah, breasts are mostly fat. But that doesn’t mean that the cup size has anything to do the fat anywhere else on the body. The cup size is the difference between the chest size measured right underneath the breasts and the chest measured at the fullest part of the breasts. If the cup size goes up it’s because that difference got larger. Cup size is the size of just the breasts not the size of the breasts plus the size of your arms or back fat or whatever.

• Cheap Sniveler: Sponsored by JustAnswer.comâ„¢ says:

“Nobody is putting something other than their breasts into the cups of their bra.”

Did I imply that? NO. I said, an increase in body weight generally results in a larger cup size. I have heard women lament, “I’ve lost 50 pounds and one cup size”. Never heard of a woman loosing weight and gaining a cup size. Some women lose weight and retain their cup size, but that’s not the majority.

• Rectilinear Propagation says:

Did I imply that?

DianeSaysWORD flat out says it: “its not the breasts alone that fill in the cups”. That’s why I replied to them asking how they think that works. You replied to me with a “But…” as if you were trying to argue that my quote of DianeSaysWORD is correct.

It is the breasts alone that fills the cups. If you don’t disagree with this then why are you trying to argue with me?

5. nova3930 says:

I think the DM runs this story at least twice a year….

6. Cheap Sniveler: Sponsored by JustAnswer.comâ„¢ says:

Women are getting larger, thus their breasts are getting larger.

The thought of “L” size breasts is just plain scary.

7. Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

The chauvinist pig in me says: “…I’m okay with this.”

8. DianeSaysWORD says:

Man, I gotta get out of New York and see more parts of this country (US). If my bra size is the national average, well, I guess there goes my bragging rights, LOL.

• econobiker says:

There’s much bigger womens in the South.

The sizing just doesn’t work where you have 700 sq ft one bedroom apartments and must fit in a subway car seat to get to work.

• TheWillow says:

If you’re in NYC – Town Shop is having a 50% off sale. YAY.

9. PencilSharp says:

I give these guys two more years before they go to the Starbucks model:

Short for A & B-Cups
    Tall for C & D-Cups
    Grande for DD & DDD-Cups
    Venti for G & H-Cups
    and Trenta for I, J & L-Cups

…or as Dunkin’ Donuts call them: “Large”

…or as Al Bundy would call them: “Big ‘Uns”

10. mcs328 says:

I’m going to need bigger hands.

11. CaughtLooking says:

I thought K cups were for my Keurig.

12. Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) says:

The scientist in me proposes we adopt a logarithmic scale for breasts. As the size increases, the difference between two consecutive levels is less pronounced than differences in levels near the origin.

• Cheap Sniveler: Sponsored by JustAnswer.comâ„¢ says:

The scientist in me proposes that this “Super Size Boobie Phenomenon” requires more study. I’ll be seeking government grants…

13. JMH says:

I believe the Bloodhound Gang said it best: “Hooray For Boobies!”

14. tchann says:

It doesn’t help that bra sizing is as standardized as liquor laws. >.

• tsukiotoshi says:

I hate that bras all fit different depending on the company. It makes internet ordering very difficult!

15. ninabi says:

I was in a specialty bra shop once and was fascinated by the pale, plain, flat boxes on the back shelves. Letters I had never seen before….”G”, “J”, “K”. I feel sorry for the women who truly need them- not only were they restricted to one style in one small store but good God, the prices. They cost at least five times as much as an ordinary bra for sale in a department store.

• econobiker says:

Pricing issues, ergo, the larger woman sans bra dressed in the mode of “People of Walmart”…

• MsFab says:

The prices are indeed horrible, there are lots of styles out there for women with larger breasts. The key is to go to a true lingerie shop. And with online shopping, brands from overseas are more readily available now.

• Cheap Sniveler: Sponsored by JustAnswer.comâ„¢ says:

True. I know a few girls that had to have reductions before age 18. Really put a hurting on their backs. They seemed to get asked out less after their operations. On the other hand, they weren’t dating a lot of guys that were just in it for the boobs.

• AstroPig7 says:

An ex-girlfriend once complained that anything larger than DD doesn’t come in aesthetically appealing styles. Based on what I’ve seen, I think she’s right.

• TheWillow says:

They do, but they’re $80-$200 a pop.

• mobiuschic42 says:

Yes, but those $80 bras are soooo worth it. I used to go with $15 DD bras in plain-ass colors from Target or whatever but ever since I got sized at Intimacy ( http://www.myintimacy.com/ – I found out I’m an F cup!) I’ve gotten addicted to fancy pretty bras that really fit.

Yes, they’re expensive, but they do great things for your boobs and are super pretty. Also, once you know your real size, sites like http://www.figleaves.com frequently have sales where you can get nice things for much cheaper.

• TheWillow says:

You don’t want to know what I spend on bras – and I’m *not* that big. Though it was life changing when I went to a real bra shop and got a fitting that wasn’t a VS sales clerk lying to sell me something. 34 C and 32 DDD are vaguely different and my back thanks me every day.

16. Gravitational Eddy says:

plus the DailyMail’s article has ….wait for it…..
    CAMELTOE.

17. Gravitational Eddy says:
  18. raydee wandered off on a tangent and got lost says:

And yet when I go to a typical mass-market clothing retailer type establishment, I can find tons of A’s and B’s in cute patterns and lacy adorableness, and anything in the DD’s is a horrible underwired flesh-tone torture device, sometimes in black, sometimes in white, but usually in “smeared with mud and left to dry” beige.

• thedarkerside.to says:

I am guessing, but that’s probably because they’re made in China?

Okay okay, stereotyping I am….

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

Speaking from personal shopping-with-the-wife experience, you’re not alone in this frustration, both in regards to style options and avoiding the knifey-jabby underwire construction.

• Oranges w/ Cheese says:

Another thing is that the small cup sizes with larger band sizes are IMPOSSIBLE to find – ever tried to locate a 38B in Walmart?! It doesn’t exist :(

• Rectilinear Propagation says:

It’s because everyone thinks that a larger woman ‘must’ have a larger cup size. There’s a comment on the first page with someone insisting that larger woman are stuffing extra body fat, not just their breasts, into the cups of their bras.

People, that is not how bra sizing works and that is not how bras work.

• Cheap Sniveler: Sponsored by JustAnswer.comâ„¢ says:

Fail. if she’s larger all around (more fat), then obviously, the breasts must be larger (more fat), because they gain size through fat too.

Most women who have lost weight can tell you their cup size decreased.

• AstroPig7 says:

I know a couple of fat women who gained nothing in the sense of boobage.

• Rectilinear Propagation says:

Fail.

Wrong. You do not have to have a larger cup size just because you gained weight.

In their example the woman with a 34 inch chest is a B cup because her bust measurement is 36 inches. If her gained weight and her chest size changed to 36 inches and her bust measurement to 38 inches then she’d still be a B cup. Her band size would change but the cup size wouldn’t.

• Cheap Sniveler: Sponsored by JustAnswer.comâ„¢ says:

“You do not have to”

Did I say ALL? I never said ALL.

MOST.

• JulesNoctambule says:

I highly recommend Felina bras — they have a great variety of cup size and band combos, are pretty damn sexy even in the DD range and are often found on clearance in department stores as new styles come in.

19. Snaptastic says:

How about the industry work to make some decent in-between sizes? It pisses me off every morning to debate whether to wear the B-cup or C-cup…only to decide neither of them feel right and just wearing a sports bra instead.

20. Happy Tinfoil Cat says:

I call for a complete boycott of bras!

21. valthun says:

My wife always thought she was a C cup until she went into get fitted for new bras prior to our wedding and found out she was a D cup. It blew her mind.

• qwickone says:

This is not unusual. Every woman I know that has never been properly fitted was wearing the wrong size (in all cases, the number was too big and the cup was too small). Victoria’s Secret is not considered “properly fitted” btw. Some of them get it right, but most of them get it wrong.

• TheWillow says:

They just lie and tell everyone they fit in the sizes VS carries, of which the largest is a 34DD. To which I say, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

22. The cake is a lie! says:

Anything more than a handful is a waste. My wife is an A cup and her size when she was pregnant was perfect for me. I don’t mind a nice C cup, but larger than that is actually a turnoff for me. I’ve never seen a 60 year old lady with huge boobs that I would want to see naked. Just sayin… Call me a chauvinist if you want, but that is my opinion. I personally feel bad for those huge breasted women who have to try and stand up straight with 30 lbs of flesh hanging off their chests.

23. Oranges w/ Cheese says:

Damn, and I feel bad I only wear a B cup O_o

24. fischju says:

Alright…did you guys just discover The Daily Mail today? It’s a notoriously sensationalist tabloid that never fact checks. Just a warning.

25. Keter says:

Now if only I could find just a plain bra in my size (34G). I don’t want lace. I don’t need much support. I just want something made out of thick swimsuit fabric with an underwire and straps that are wide enough so that the permanent gouges in my shoulders can grow out, and has low sides so that my armpits aren’t sore from having the wire dig in every time I move my arms. I also don’t have $50-120 to spend for just ONE bra.

So I end up buying the stretchiest bra I can find in a giant band size and altering it to fit. Sucks. Manufacturers can do so much better than this. Shame on them.

26. yessongs says:

Gotta love them kneekickers!

27. JulesNoctambule says:

I have a friend who is an H cup and not only are bras hard for her to find, but so are simple things like stylish clothes that fit over those H cups. She’s also slightly over six feet tall, but while I’d take her height in a second I’ll stick with my 36B bust and greater wardrobe potential. Also, lack of back pain!

28. dark_inchworm says:

I don’t know, my last girlfriend wore a 38DD, and they seemed amazingly huge to be the national average. I just don’t get out enough, I guess. Or can’t handle the morbidly obese tipping the scales here.

I love my current lady, but those were pretty nice… … … oink

29. Eli the Ice Man says:

This is relevant to my interests.

30. PBallRaven says:

I, for one, welcome our new L cup overlords…

31. jurisenpai says:

Anyone have recommendations for a 36D/DD bra where my boobs won’t fall halfway out if I bend over? I kind of have them strapped in with a tanktop now, but it’s a pain to have to always layer to prevent spillage. I have gone larger in cup size (too big) and band size (no real difference) to no avail. :(

32. Lauren-XX says:

I work as a bra fitter. Most specialty stores (Victoria’s Secret and Soma, I’m looking at you…) don’t measure properly, hence why most women are in the wrong bra size and have NO clue how a bra is supposed to fit. Ladies, you can’t properly measure a cup size with a measuring tape, because all of our boobies are shaped differently. You need to find a proper fitter who will measure you by putting a bra ON you and checking the fit, rather than one who relies totally on a measuring tape.

Intimacy and Nordstrom are the best, hands down. (And Nordie’s is Oprah-approved!)

33. thewildboo says:

I can believe this. I’ve steadily bought larger cup sizes (without significant size in myself) as I realized I was wearing the wrong size. I’ve gone from a C to a DDD and am so much more comfortable.

34. bstewart says:

One reason our busts are bigger and bra sizes are blooming is because the majority of us are OBESE. I’m all for proper fitting bras, but a size L is just out of control.

35. AnthonyC says:

I certainly hope all women are able to buy well-fitting bras. I’m told it makes a very big difference.
    In fact, recently some studies on how breasts move during exercise led to the development of a sports bra that, supposedly, actually works for larger-breasted women. I know several women who have their fingers crossed that it’ll actually get bought by a company and made.

Personally, I’d like consumerist to let me know the moment any company starts making jock straps in different cup sizes. Right now they’ve just got “youth” and “adult” (occasionally “teen”)- S.M,L, and XL only affect *waist* size. This can lead to some painful situations, I assure you.

36. Mackinstyle1 says:

I’m inclined to believe that while the average natural cup size has increased, we’ve more likely seen more implants and a change in the cup sizing thing.

37. Not Given says:

I remember my dad talking about a woman who flew in to come to the bra factory he worked at to be specially fitted for a bra, she needed an M cup. This was in the late 60s.
    The owner usually did the fitting but when he was gone my dad had to do it, and did he ever bitch about it!

38. jedifarfy says:

This isn’t new, size L has been around, just not commonly. You typically had to special order it. With Bravissimo carrying it, it will be more readily available.

39. shepd says:

There is actually someone with “natural” ZZZ breasts. And I’ve shopped for bras for my wife, and yes, L is her size, and yes, I have to drive 2 hours to get them for her. And no, all natural.

I did call around for custom bras. Had one person laugh. We’ve had stores that think we’re full of crap until my wife goes there for a sizing. And we’ve had lots of professional bra stores that literally say “Uhh, really, we have no clue where you can go. We’re really sorry. We can’t even special order that.”

We did enjoy the manswers that found the lady with ZZZ breasts. We were laying bets on whether or not my wife was the winner. Well, she beat the first runner up, but not the last two. She felt a lot better about herself after that.

• Excuse My Ambition Deficit Disorder says:

Your poor wife’s back must be killing her….on the other hand you could go to a camping store and buy hammocks for those killers…

• shepd says:

LOL, yes. I’ve actually suggested she get reduction surgery (hey, I’m cheap–those bras are $80+ each, and they don’t last more than a couple of months!), but she says it really doesn’t hurt her back that much and that she’s too worried about breastfeeding. Up to her, really.

40. Excuse My Ambition Deficit Disorder says:

Yeah…new meaning to je-Double L -o (jeLLo)

41. Mamudoon says:

I was a G/H cup (and I’m 5’1″) before I had my breast reduction (depending on the manufacturer – damn womens’ clothing designers – I’m a B-DD now), and I had to have my bras custom-made in Arizona for $80 a piece. We’re talking old lady bras here – nothing sexy in my closet!

My reduction was the best thing I ever did. I couldn’t exercise, my back and neck hurt constantly (something I still deal with to this day, and I wonder if my breasts caused it), finding shirts other than big, baggy t-shirts was a nightmare, and I had bloody rashes under my breasts which have left permanent scars (sorry for the TMI, but it’s another example of how large breasts are anything but sexy). My surgeon took five pounds out of EACH breast. The relief was immediate.

My body is now in proportion (my boobs are still large, but I have a large frame, so I didn’t want to go *too* small), I can shop at normal stores, and the rashes are gone (though the scars are not). I still can’t exercise regularly because of the constant back/neck pain (though aqua-aerobics are wonderful), but anyone who says big boobs are awesome has never had them.

42. gman863 says:

This sounds like like the Hooters version of Spinal Tap:

“My knockers are the biggest ever.”

“Why?”

“‘Cause all others stop at 10. Mine go all the way to 11.”

Titillating, but silly.

43. AndroidHumanoid says:

Bigger boobs don’t necessarily mean bigger chicks. For the longest I was a 4’11”, 112 pound size 34 F wearing chick. I HATED every second of it. I HATED being stared at everywhere I went like I was some freak. I HATED not being able to fit into anything!!! Good riddance boobs. And thank you to whoever invented the breast reduction!

44. lawgirl502 says:

There are a lot more boob jobs these days and fat people….when fat women lose weight, there boobs tend to go with it…ie. fat, not awesome boobies

45. shibotu says:

It’s not so funny when you think that much of this is due to obesity and plastic surgery with dangerous risks.

46. wolfybrie says:

Bras already exist in this size and larger by other brands.
    Also, cup size doesn’t determine breast size alone. I’m a 32 H or a 34 GG and my breasts are smaller than friends of mine with D cups and much larger band sizes. Normally I hate telling people that things upset or offend me, but hearing everyone act like anything over a DD or DDD cup is disgusting, too large, sagging, etc is just awful.

Yes, my bras cost me about $50-$70 a piece at full price but I don’t destroy them by putting them in the washer and they last me much more than a year. Generally I buy one bra at the store that I like as a “thank you” for the great service I am given for getting a properly fit bra, but then I go and buy some for $10-$20 on ebay. I have friends with easier to find bras, and they buy like 10 of them when they are $5. There really isn’t a difference in price because you just buy fewer bras at a higher quality and they last a long while.