Is It Time To Jump On The Jumpin Jammerz Bandwagon?

Ah, there’s nothing like a fresh clothing fad to make everyone get all excited and start dubbing products “the new Snuggie.” As if we need anymore Snuggies! New to the novelty apparel scene are Jumpin Jammerz, which are, well, footie pajamas.

Yeah, we’ve all had a run-in with footie PJs, those overly hot, itchy, polyester sleepwear items that seem like a good idea in theory, until your mom accidentally zips your skin into a world of pain.

Jumpin Jammerz seem to be targeted at adults, who can you know, not just sleep in them, but party in them, watch football with pals while clad in pajamas, heck, even head to Vegas for a quickie wedding in footed PJs. Because after all, “Life’s a pajama party! Crash it!”

When did clothing get so… extreme?

Jumpin Jammerz

Comments

1. ReaperRob says:

This has got to be a joke.

• Rebecca K-S says:

Agreed. It’s just a little too ridiculous.

• tbiscuit360 says:

Actually no, Ryan Gosling introduced them to the world last week on Ellen DeGeneres. After the show, the website was down for a few days because of the traffic!

2. Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

This has got to be a bid to ‘Out-Stupid’ the Snuggie.

3. McRib wants to know if you've been saved by the Holy Clown says:

I can never, ever, ever tell my wife about these. At least once a week she complains about the lack of adult footie pajamas.

• FuzzyWillow says:

My kids are outgrowing their footie pajamas, and are mourning their loss.

• Mauvaise says:

Never let her into a Target during winter time – that’s where I got my pair a couple years ago. I see them in the women’s nightgown/underwear section every year.

• Limewater says:

If Target is out, just look around on the internet. I assure you that adult footie pajamas are available. There are several adult pajama retailers which feature footie pajamas.

• Back to waiting, but I did get a cute dragon ear cuff says:

Do you realize how many Husband Points© you would get for buying these for her instead of Vicky’s Secret stuff for Valentines Day?

A couple of pairs of these would get you a guilt free Vegas weekend.

• RAtwins says:

I gave my wife a pair as a Christmas present this year, not the jumpin jammerz kind but another type I found on the internet, and she loves them! I got them for the same reason… she kept saying how she wished they made adult footed PJs every night when we dressed our two year olds in theirs.

4. osiris73 says:

I had footed jammies until I was about 12. My 8 year old son loves them too, but they’re hard to find. My wife will likely buy these. *sigh*

I wonder how hard they’ll be to break into in the middle of the night. This could be a problem.

5. veritybrown says:

What the heck is wrong with footed pajamas??? And no, I don’t wear them, but I distinctly remember how unhappy I was as a preschooler when I outgrew the last pair that fit me. I guess M.B. Quirk’s personal dislike of them (apparently from childhood on) makes them unacceptable for everyone?

Incidentally, footed PJs for adults aren’t some new trend–they’ve been around for years, although they’ve been relatively rare. Mock them if you choose, but I bet a lot a people with fond memories of their footed PJs are going buy into this grown-up “comfort object.”

• Mr. Fix-It says: "Canadian Bacon is best bacon!" says:

I’d like them more if their ad wasn’t stupid and they didn’t come in so many godawful patterns and colors.

• Peacock (Now In Extra Crispy) says:

What’s wrong with footed PJs is that people will wear them out in public and I, for one, do not want to see that. Nuh uh! It’s like the plague of pajama jeans is spreading like wildfire across the land.

Have some self respect, People! If not for yourself, then for others!

6. osiris73 says:

I wonder if I can sew my Vibram Five Finger shoes to these. That could be all kinds of awesome.

7. FatLynn says:

I pee far too often at night for this.

• EtherealFlame says:

I was thinking the same thing. Having to get naked from the knees up at 2am in a freezing house to pee just doesn’t sound like fun to me. I used to wear these as a kid and had the same complaint. Two piece jammies FTW!

• Limewater says:

I don’t know about these, but you can find footie pajamas with a butt flap. You’d have to sit down, but that’s a small price to pay for warmth.

• Limewater says:

Whoops, I didn’t pay attention who posted. I guess the whole stand-up vs. sit-down thing is a non-issue.

• Rachacha says:

That is what the new Jumpin Jammerz Plus is for. All the coolness of the Original Jumpin Jammerz but with a built in catheter and bag so you don’t have to be bothered in the middle of the night by getting up and going to the bathroom! :-)

• quail says:

Could always find one with a reversible zipper or one that Velcros.

• HogwartsProfessor says:

I found some at Walmart a few years back that were two-piece.

8. dolemite says:

No thanks…I hate tight fitting lounge clothes. And long sleeve around the house?

9. hotdogsunrise says:

Even as a child, I was never able to sleep in footie PJs. It felt too constricting.

10. quail says:

It’s not new. Adults could always find online place to get grown-up footed pajamas. For the most part those sites catered to the adults with certain kinks…if you know what I mean. Nudge. Nudge. Wink. Wink.

11. Platypi {Redacted} says:

Yeah, because that is why people have pajama parties, to get the ladies wearing heavy duty, all covering pajamas.

12. psychometrician says:

Something like these have been advertised in “Sky Mall” for quite a while. It is very difficult for me to imagine a self-respecting adult wearing these at all (let alone in the presence of others).

• nbs2 says:

Exactly. I’d say this post is several years too late – or maybe the trend has just now made the leap from airplane reading material to actual sales.

13. VOIDMunashii says:

Wasn’t this a joke on “30 Rock” a couple of seasons ago?

14. Jane_Gage says:

The 15-24 year old set can buy them to complement their ugly $200 yeti boots.

15. MaliBoo Radley says:

I can’t lie. I would wear these on a cold morning. All snuggled up on the couch. Or maybe if I was sick .. it would just be easier.

16. Tallanvor says:

I’ll stick with sleeping naked.

17. wojonet says:

I think, if I wore these, I would just feel sad and depressed all the time.

18. MikeF74 says:
  19. banndndc says:

They’re over a decade old. Seems more like they’re just trying to emulate the annoying advertising success of snuggies.

if you were a small company making a specialty product, and then saw the phenomenal success of the snuggie based almost entirely on television marketing, you’d sell out too.

20. Fumanchu says:

These aren’t new, I remember jumpin Jammerz for kids in the 90’s.

21. NumberSix says:

Hell yes! WANT!

22. RadarOReally has got the Post-Vacation Blues says:

I’m not at all upset about the existence of footie jam-jams for adults. In fact, I stumbled on their website a couple of years ago, and was super excited.

Until I saw they were $50 a pair. That’s the real annoyance here.

23. v2h5a81 says:
  24. Brunette Bookworm says:

I can see the appeal of these when it’s cold out but I don’t like stuff on my feet when I sleep. I can’t do it. Besides, if I get too warm at night, I cool down by sticking a foot out of the covers.

25. kalaratri says:

I’ve been seeing ads for these (or at least a similar brand) for years now.

26. Snaptastic says:

Time to camp out in front of Wal-Mart and count how many people I see in this atrocious outfit. Heavens knows enough people go there in their pajamas as is.

27. packcamera says:

When I was a kid, there was a fetish shop here in Manhattan that sold adult-sized pajamas like these (along with those Baby Huey outfits). My oblivious mother purchased a pair with the two-button flap over the butt for me when I went to college. My brother and I haven’t stopped poking fun at her about it ever since.

28. GuyGuidoEyesSteveDaveâ„¢ says:

Here’s what I want. Star Wars or similar sheets available for my king size bed. I already have the Taun-Taun Sleeping bag. I also want Star Wars sheets. And not the stupid prequels. Those are meant to be in kids sizes, so they can urinate upon them. I mean Episodes 4-6.

29. Awesome McAwesomeness says:

Oh yay. Another type of pajama people will wear out in public because they can’t seem to be bothered to wear normal clothes.

30. Warren - aka The Piddler on the Roof says:

Wait. Are all the people in that picture former cast members from that Broadway production called ‘Cats’?

31. coolteamblt says:

My 20 year old sister has a pair of leopard print footie pajamas. It’s kind of hilarious. Love it.

32. dourdan says:

new? i could have swore i have seen ads for these for about 5 years. maybe it was a similar item.

33. Kibit says:

They’ve had adult footie PJ’s for years. They aren’t anything new.

34. Brent says:

These lack the charm of snuggies. I know…but it’s true.

35. rubysareforever says:

I have got two pairs of these and the only bad thing about them is having to take them down to go the bathroom. You can even get dropseat jamas too, if that’s what you want. They are super duper comfy, warm and perfect in winter and chances are they will pay for themselves with the money saved on your electricity bill. Don’t knock em, till you try em!